[Ongoing] The No Soda PVP Challenge - Are You Nerd Enough?

I am at a week without diet coke today. I was at a week last Friday too but the one drink option included diet pepsi, and after my friends had been really good about the gluten-free dinner, I couldn't be more high maintenance. I'll be in charge of drinks from now on though!

Good show ol' chap! Atleast, you limited yourself to that one glass— plus after a good many weeks!

"This message was brought to you by my fingers which were activated by the electrical signals sent from my brain through a network of nerves and ganglia".

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

I hit 6 weeks, so I'm going for an entire year!!! I still crave it almost every day. It's insane that it has that big of a hold on me!!

• Like 2

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

I hit 6 weeks, so I'm going for an entire year!!! I still crave it almost every day. It's insane that it has that big of a hold on me!!

the cravings will pass. though you will still get them from time to time. everytime i eat pizza or drink whiskey or rum i want some soda. good thing i don't mind drinking those straight :P.

you're doing great, keep it up. 

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I. Accidentally (or by force) drank a glass of dem artificial juices ;_;

"This message was brought to you by my fingers which were activated by the electrical signals sent from my brain through a network of nerves and ganglia".

• Like 1

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

the cravings will pass. though you will still get them from time to time. everytime i eat pizza or drink whiskey or rum i want some soda. good thing i don't mind drinking those straight :tongue:.

you're doing great, keep it up. 

LOL, my favorite bar drink is Malibu and Diet Coke... so I have decided I will replace the Diet Coke with pineapple juice, and it will be fine. I hope. ;)

• Like 1

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Spoiler

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

One week left :) Compared to other diet changes, surprisingly smooth sailing. Though there aren't any restaurants around here with tempting cocktails.

I'll probably go all the way until 9/26, when I'm visiting home.

• Like 1

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

Great going, everyone! Most of you are sailing along, and even if you've had a setback, just get back on it and keep going!

To give everyone an update - Auro is working on an actual web app and it is really cool. It will determine levels automatically and free me from having to do that by hand. (Yay!) We expect that there will be another influx of people coming in at the beginning of this next challenge. With that in mind, and the fact that I am extremely busy (sorry I am not responding as often or to each individual lately!), I want to give everyone a heads up about what to expect.

The app is designed for you to enter your total number of continuous days when you sign up and to give you your level. We are just about out of days on the spreadsheet, so it will probably be easiest to just keep track independently for the little time we have left. Auro is making fast progress, and will hopefully have the first stage of the app ready to test within the next few days.

My participation will not be daily, but more along the lines of 2 -3 times per week. You have all been really good about encouraging and supporting each other, so please keep doing what you are doing and make the newcomers welcome! I will get on as often as I can.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hi Everyone! I would like to join you on this challenge. For me will be alcohol. I started on Monday whitout knowing that there was a challenge here and would like to go for 20 days to start. Then I'm goingon vacation so I will have to start again and attempt a 30 day one.  Not sure about that last one but will consider it after I get back.  I read you guys are about to implement a new spreadsheet or something like that.  I'm new to the PVP challenges so let me know what I have to do.

Thank you

• Like 1

Starting over

Level 0

My wifis fixed!! Wow! Bad news is I drank Mirinda on Friday while I was coming back from college ._.

Spoiler

Quote:

Congratulations, Anaticula and Kat!

Hi Everyone! I would like to join you on this challenge. For me will be alcohol. I started on Monday whitout knowing that there was a challenge here and would like to go for 20 days to start. Then I'm goingon vacation so I will have to start again and attempt a 30 day one.  Not sure about that last one but will consider it after I get back.  I read you guys are about to implement a new spreadsheet or something like that.  I'm new to the PVP challenges so let me know what I have to do.

Thank you

For now, track your days on your own and post on the thread for support and to encourage others.

Auro is making daily progress on the web-based tracking app. He'll let us all know when it is ready. And that should be fairly soon.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

My wifis fixed!! Wow! Bad news is I drank Mirinda on Friday while I was coming back from college ._.

What do you need to do to keep yourself from drinking soda?

Now that your wifi is back, one suggestion I would make is for you to post daily - especially while we don't have a spreadsheet - to let people know how you resisted soda. That might help you get a streak going that you will not want to break . Reinforce the positive, as opposed to the negative.

That would also be more helpful to your fellow PVPers. It can be difficult for those who are struggling to maintain their streak when someone else is posting at regular intervals that they are not. This can be a bit of a difficult balance. I want everyone to participate and let the group know how they are doing, their successes and their failures, but let's emphasize the successes. Does that make sense?

Is there anything we can do to help you in emphasizing your successes and working to build on them?

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

What do you need to do to keep yourself from drinking soda?

Now that your wifi is back, one suggestion I would make is for you to post daily - especially while we don't have a spreadsheet - to let people know how you resisted soda. That might help you get a streak going that you will not want to break . Reinforce the positive, as opposed to the negative.

That would also be more helpful to your fellow PVPers. It can be difficult for those who are struggling to maintain their streak when someone else is posting at regular intervals that they are not. This can be a bit of a difficult balance. I want everyone to participate and let the group know how they are doing, their successes and their failures, but let's emphasize the successes. Does that make sense?

Is there anything we can do to help you in emphasizing your successes and working to build on them?

True that!

Well! No soda/clean for two weeks straight is KIND OF AN AWESOME THING FOR ME so that's a start of a new chapter, right?? :D

My next target is: artificial juices—ahyuk!

I forgot to bring water that day plus hospital rounds drained every bit of energy I had within me.

Won't let that happen again :D

Spoiler

Quote:

That is your best yet! :D Now let's focus on how to get another streak like that and even increase it!

Posting frequently will help you focus and may even help you remember to bring that water bottle along. I know I have to have my water bottle.

Sometimes I'm getting in my car and realize I don't have it and have to run back in the house to get it. It's so hot where I live that I keep two bottles full all the time and store one in the refrigerator so I always have a cold one ready to go.

That kind of planning ahead has saved my streak a number of times. It's been super hard to resist soda those times that I've forgotten my water!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

That is great! :D Now let's focus on how to get another streak like that and even increase it!

Posting frequently will help you focus and may even help you remember to bring that water bottle along. I know I have to have my water bottle.

Sometimes I'm getting in my car and realize I don't have it and have to run back in the house to get it. It's so hot where I live that I keep two bottles full all the time and store one in the refrigerator so I always have a cold one ready to go.

That kind of planning ahead has saved my streak a number of times. It's been super hard to resist soda those times that I've forgotten my water!

My only issue is with the public bathrooms >.<

Spoiler

Quote:

Hmmm. That's a problem. My water bottles are similar to the type used for hiking. They have a sealable top, but I wouldn't want to take them into a restroom either, at least not without putting them into something that would seal around them, like a plastic bag, and either be disposable or go inside my purse.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hmmm. That's a problem. My water bottles are similar to the type used for hiking. They have a sealable top, but I wouldn't want to take them into a restroom either, at least not without putting them into something that would seal around them, like a plastic bag, and either be disposable or go inside my purse.

I'll drink water in my car??

Spoiler

Quote:

So, I'm back. Dropped out of last challenge but still no soda.

For my next challenge I want to go 42 days without alcohol (Joker for the day of October 11th, my uncles wedding).

Do you want to do the new spreadsheet like you said?

• Like 2

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Still no soda today, but I am very very tempted.  We ordered a pizza for supper and my brother got a 20 oz pepsi with it, well, they sent a 2 liter instead, and told us to just keep it.  It is currently in the fridge calling me name. I will be so happy once it is gone.  

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

I am 49 days without soda. I am going for 365! I am still craving it, but I am determined!

• Like 4

Spoiler

100%
19%

Scout, it get's easier with time. And once you're over 100 days you'll realise how disgusting soda really tastes...

• Like 1

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%