[Ongoing] The No Soda PVP Challenge - Are You Nerd Enough?

Feel beter soon! You can do this! Get someone to run to the store to buy you a seltzer water for the fizzy . . . or make up some crystal light for the sweet :-) That's what I do when I am desperate! lol Stinks to have to push fluids and not be able to drink that tempting soda.

Made it through the cold and the cravings successfully! Thanks for the ideas and the support!

Today is day 181 without soda, so I have achieved "Steve" level and in two more days will pass the halfway mark to one year. I'm feeling like I've really accomplished something!

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Ha! As of yesterday, I made it back up to Beast mode! A new marker has been hit, 42 days with no soda! On to Super Beast mode :D

Congratulations! Woohoo!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I mindlessly drank a soda, without even thinking.  Not the whole thing, only half of it.  I stopped as soon as I remembered.  I was all "This coke tastes weird, I don't like how it tastes", and then BOOM I realized that I wasn't drinking it anymore.  Bleh.  Knocked back down to day one again.  Pooh.

Bummer. But I agree with Kzacher - you've great made progress in getting it out of your system, as evidenced by not liking the taste, and you stopped!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Made it through the cold and the cravings successfully! Thanks for the ideas and the support!

Today is day 181 without soda, so I have achieved "Steve" level and in two more days will pass the halfway mark to one year. I'm feeling like I've really accomplished something!

Nice! Way to push through. I am extremely impressed that you are now...a Steve? Lol. That is an amazing accomplishment!

I did have a few glasses of wine that weekend I visited home, and it was nice...but now that I'm back on my own I really don't find myself reaching for the wine at the store. I'm still working my way through that box in the fridge--pretty sure it's gone off but I've been cooking with it and things came out fine. Mushrooms in red wine = amazingness. It was easier to stop the evening drinking habit than I thought (replaced with tea obssessssionnnnn), thanks for the push guys. 

I kinda sorta considered giving up coffee because it's hard on my stomach, but after getting reprimanded for not being attentive/awake enough in a meeting last week I'd like to keep coffee in reserve for emergencies. Even when I haven't been drinking coffee, tea doesn't have enough caffeine to do it for me. 

Keep it up! Vive la Resistance! (against the corporate overlords that perpetrate the beverage habit)

• Like 2

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

So this Friday is the day I can have soda again. That'll be 100 days complete. I'm not sure if I'll have one yet. I know that I want to go off all sweetened drinks for at least 45 days before Christmas.

• Like 3

Level 2 Wood Elf, Adventuring for Ranger status

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 1.75 | CON 1.75 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

71.6%
71.6%

> 65kg

0%
0%

100 days crisp free

i just had my first soda(Surge) since february. i enjoyed it..... however, now i feel insanely sluggish even though it has a good bit of caffeine and sugar in it. i don't regret it, but i don't think i'll allow it to become a regular thing. 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I can't seem to go more than about 10 days without succumbing to the siren call of Coke . . . *sigh*

BUT  . . . let's see, I used to drink three cans of Coke a day, during the work day, and grab a large fountain drink from Carls Jr on the way home.  So I'm thinking it's still an improvement.  :-)

• Like 4

A year from now, you may wish you had started today.

I can't seem to go more than about 10 days without succumbing to the siren call of Coke . . . *sigh*

BUT  . . . let's see, I used to drink three cans of Coke a day, during the work day, and grab a large fountain drink from Carls Jr on the way home.  So I'm thinking it's still an improvement.  :-)

it is an improvement. every great journey begins with a single step. 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Kinda forgot about this thread however did not forget about the challenge. 

I stumbled a lot (I mean a lot) when I first started but I know I have now overcome it! 

I am currently 57 days free of soda! Now why do I say I know I have overcome it? Simple. I went about 35 days previously and on August 31st I was really craving it...most likely because I hadn't had any in 35 days so I grabbed a bottle of diet coke when I was in the cafe with my family after some peer pressure from my mum. It was disgusting. I left about 3/4 of the bottle. I didn't find any pleasure from drinking it.

From that point on I have not craved it since. Soda (mainly diet coke) was the only thing I used to drink - maybe a 500ml bottle of water a day as well if my body was lucky. I would drink over 6 litres of diet coke a week and it has taken me about a year to reduce that to 0. 

My go to is now water whenever we go to cafes or restaurants- sometimes I might opt for a glass of j20 or apple juice for a bit of flavour but normally I just have iced water. I think I needed that relapse for me to know I now find the taste horrible otherwise I would have struggled to keep the cravings away. 

• Like 2

Where can you find me?:  My Twitter  /  My Blog

I know I'm starting late, but... that's it. I'm starting. I'm going to attempt 28 days and go from there.

Dr Pepper and I have had a long love/hate relationship. My actual doctor is concerned about my triglycerides, and I'm starting to realize I take in too many carbs. At the same time, I'm starting to realize Dr Pepper may not be an actual doctor, so I think it's time for me to cut it out of my life. I'm already one day clean, I had a Coke while watching the World Series last night. I kinda regretted it right as I finished the bottle, and decided that was enough. So I'm here now. Hi!

• Like 3

balesom

Race: Gray Elf | Class: Assassin

Level 2 | Str: 1 / Dex: 2 / Sta: 2 / Con: 2 / Wis: 2 / Cha: 2

Current Challenge: None.

Past Challenges: #1 #2

PVP Challenges: No Soda (started 10/30/14 | restarted 3/8/16)

Main Quest: Lose 21.5 pounds (Start: 281.5 | Current: 276.5 | Goal: 260)

On Hiatus... sorry.

No Soda Challenge: 365 days | Total: 493 days (October 30, 2014 - March 7, 2016)

Ended due to stomach flu, drank 7up to settle stomach (and it didn't work!).

100%
100%

96 days off soda and still craving it every day. I think I just miss the fizz... but I am still going strong!!

• Like 3

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

Hi, Everyone! 

I'm moving into my 2nd challenge after hitting a NF reset button.  As I'm staring at the freshly opened canned of Diet Cherry Pepsi (it's 6:24 AM here on the East Coast, US, to give perspective) I started perusing this thread and thought.  Hmmm.  I should really just kick this habit once and for all.  

On average I drink 5-7 cans of diet soda a day.  On days I'm in the office, it's a 'free' soda fountain.  On school days, I generally stop for 2 20-ounce drinks.  One for class and one for the drive home.  

On average I drink about 16 ounces of water per day (and that's generally flavored with a crystal light type mixture).

So, I'm going full Zen on Diet Soda.  I'm not kicking all soda (yet) because I do sometimes treat myself with a 'regular' coke (Usually about 1 a year, honestly) and don't want to derail progress with kicking the diet soda habit on an occasional splurge.  (I treat my 'coke treat' like having a cupcake or similar.  It's almost like a random dessert for me when the mood strikes.)

However, I am preemptively saying, that if I start just 'replacing diet with regular,' I will be back in here to add another level back for all soda (although probably not a zen level for that!)

Here's to Day 0   (OFFICIAL START TIME:  5 NOVEMBER 2014, 0700)

• Like 5

Level 0, Rebel, Agency Recuit 
STR: 0  |  DEX: 0  |  STA: 0  |  CON: 0  |  WIS: 0  |  CHA: 0
Battle Log:  Metamorphosis

I'm officially at 8 days (I think)! I did have a Monster Rehab on Tuesday, but it was just tea and lemonade. I don't really miss the soda, either. Hopefully, I can say that same thing in a couple weeks!

• Like 1

balesom

Race: Gray Elf | Class: Assassin

Level 2 | Str: 1 / Dex: 2 / Sta: 2 / Con: 2 / Wis: 2 / Cha: 2

Current Challenge: None.

Past Challenges: #1 #2

PVP Challenges: No Soda (started 10/30/14 | restarted 3/8/16)

Main Quest: Lose 21.5 pounds (Start: 281.5 | Current: 276.5 | Goal: 260)

On Hiatus... sorry.

No Soda Challenge: 365 days | Total: 493 days (October 30, 2014 - March 7, 2016)

Ended due to stomach flu, drank 7up to settle stomach (and it didn't work!).

100%
100%

I am going to have to restart on my soda thing~ I had fresh lime with 7UP today! But, to have a drink after so long! It's crazy that I can do that!

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

Day 2 was a success.  I was having some wicked withdrawals, so I allowed a small (one of the 7.5 ounce cans) of regular coke today.  Seems to have helped the raging headache, but I'm still feeling wiped out (both of which are normal symptoms for me when I start kicking the habit.)  

• Like 2

I used to be a very heavy soda drinker.  Sonic's Route 44 Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper was my poison of choice (usually at least 2-3/week), but I would drink any soda except Pepsi, couldn't stand the stuff.  So I decided to post here as I am having serious cravings.  I haven't had any in a while, and I'm not sure why they sprang up all of the sudden, but they did.  So now it's official.  The craving monster will not win. 

• Like 1

Level 1 - Were-gator

STR .8 | STA 3.1 | DEX .9 | CON .7 | WIS 2 | CHA .9

1st Challenge

Main goal - 12/15/14 - Get to 175 pounds from 195 pounds.  Currently at 184.5

52.5%
52.5%

No soda challenge - 12/15/14 - 99 days and counting to 180.

55%
55%

"Stop beating yourself up.  You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once." - unknown

Day--2; ALL GOOD!

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

Signed up for beast mode, and away with soda!

Ya' brave soul! GOOD LUCK, MAYTEH!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote:

Day 3 was great

Day 4 was great

Day 5...yeah.  

I think that's why they call this Day 1 again.  The funny thing is, I didn't even make the conscious decision to drink diet soda.  I was literally sitting in the restaurant with the family, halfway through my meal when I realized what I was washing my meal down with.   Le Sigh.

I fully expected to stumble once or twice.  Live & Learn.

• Like 1