[Ongoing] The No Soda PVP Challenge - Are You Nerd Enough?

25. Days. Of. No. Soda-dom.

Woopwooopp

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

Day 37 (I think): There's a Dr Pepper staring at me from the refrigerator. I'm still going without soda, but it's hard. Especially when Crown and Coke rolls off the tongue so nicely. But I'm going without. I will go Beast Mode.

balesom

Race: Gray Elf | Class: Assassin

Level 2 | Str: 1 / Dex: 2 / Sta: 2 / Con: 2 / Wis: 2 / Cha: 2

Current Challenge: None.

Past Challenges: #1 #2

PVP Challenges: No Soda (started 10/30/14 | restarted 3/8/16)

Main Quest: Lose 21.5 pounds (Start: 281.5 | Current: 276.5 | Goal: 260)

On Hiatus... sorry.

No Soda Challenge: 365 days | Total: 493 days (October 30, 2014 - March 7, 2016)

Ended due to stomach flu, drank 7up to settle stomach (and it didn't work!).

100%
100%

29 days without a soda! Wow! Almost a month?! Shoot! That's brilliant

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

Got some in the fridge, too, balesom, but we shall overcome! 

29 days without a soda! Wow! Almost a month?! Shoot! That's brilliant

Congrats, let's keep it going!

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Day 42 without soda. Beast mode activate!

And the Dr Pepper is still sitting in my refrigerator. But now, I'm mocking it!

balesom

On Hiatus... sorry.

No Soda Challenge: 365 days | Total: 493 days (October 30, 2014 - March 7, 2016)

100%
100%

Randomly checking in at ~54 days.

So when I did this, I first asked ShadowLion which level I should go for. I wanted to go for Beast Mode, but I didn't think I've ever gone 28 days without a soda. So I went for Advanced to try and see how I did, crushed it, went past Beast Mode almost two weeks ago, and now I'm on my way to work on SuperBeast!

I will admit, I took a sip of a friend's drink that had some sort of cola with alcohol in it, but all the alcohol was sitting at the top, I got nothing but whiskey. And now a can of Dr Pepper sits in my refrigerator, top shelf, eye level. I was intimidated by it around Thanksgiving time, now it's there to remind me that I don't need it. Also, with my breaks in drinking soda that I've done before, I think back to when I'd have the first one, and how mediocre it was because my taste buds weren't used to it anymore.

I'm not making many gains in my weight loss journey currently (but that's another story), but this is something I've been able to stick to, and I'm proud of it. And if I can do it, I'm sure you all can.

Whether it's day 1 or day 365 when you're reading this, do work, keep it up, and stay awesome. You got this.

• Like 2

balesom

On Hiatus... sorry.

100%
100%

Hi there awesome nerds. I had a rocky patch, but I'm back and am currently on day 12 of no soda. I didn't even decide to quit this time. I had a glass of Pepsi one evening and none the next day, or the day after. Then I did sort of decide to have something else this time, and the next etc. Suddenly I found myself at the week mark and was surprised. No cravings, no real effort. Well, I did have some sort of breakdown on day 3, which at the time I didn't attribute to soda withdrawal, but in hindsight, that may have been a factor!

I haven't faced a challenge such as a trip to the pub yet.... as a tee-totaller, I have always drunk coke when in that environment, but I will do my utmost to opt for a fruit juice instead.

I hope you've all had a great Christmas/Solstice/Winter festival of your choice. Happy New Year!

Battle Log - Record from the Front Lines

http://hblyne.com

IVE BEEN CLEAN! I lost count though but I've been soda-free! :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote: