[Ongoing] The No Soda PVP Challenge - Are You Nerd Enough?

Oh, yikes. I'm scared, already! I love pop (as we say in Michigan). I'm excited to challenge myself with this. My main goal is to-eventually- lose 60 lbs. I'm trying to focus on 10 lbs at a time, so as not to give up or overextend myself. This challenge seemed like a good side challenge to help get me to my goal.

I'm a brand new member, and am super excited to join! I have suffered from migraines before, and drinking pop doesn't do me any favors, because when I do refrain from it- I most certainly pay for it.

I do not drink alcohol or energy drinks, but I will kill a 2 liter in 2 days with no problem. I chose the substitution level because I also love sweet tea, and it gives me the caffeine I will be needing. I don't think it's much better than soda, though, is it? :/ I have to up my water intake, and that's that! The good thing is I love to drink ice water...I just don't drink it enough with meals. I always have pop with my meals. Or a ton of sweet tea. Help me! Please and thank you! :)

• Like 1

Oh, yikes. I'm scared, already! I love pop (as we say in Michigan). I'm excited to challenge myself with this. My main goal is to-eventually- lose 60 lbs. I'm trying to focus on 10 lbs at a time, so as not to give up or overextend myself. This challenge seemed like a good side challenge to help get me to my goal.

I'm a brand new member, and am super excited to join! I have suffered from migraines before, and drinking pop doesn't do me any favors, because when I do refrain from it- I most certainly pay for it.

I do not drink alcohol or energy drinks, but I will kill a 2 liter in 2 days with no problem. I chose the substitution level because I also love sweet tea, and it gives me the caffeine I will be needing. I don't think it's much better than soda, though, is it? :/ I have to up my water intake, and that's that! The good thing is I love to drink ice water...I just don't drink it enough with meals. I always have pop with my meals. Or a ton of sweet tea. Help me! Please and thank you! :)

Welcome to NF and to the PvP! Glad to have you here, and all the best :)

Ice water is a godsend! It's my go-to drink whenever i have the urge to drink something sweet! (It's also because tropical belt weather os absolutely ridiculous, and ice water is really satisfying.) As for getting rid of pop, though, it's fine to start with substitution for now, then move on to elimination later! One way to up your water intake is to always carry a full bottle of water with you everywhere you go, so it's easier to remind yourself to stay away from pop :)

All the best!

• Like 2

Welcome to NF and to the PvP! Glad to have you here, and all the best :)

Ice water is a godsend! It's my go-to drink whenever i have the urge to drink something sweet! (It's also because tropical belt weather os absolutely ridiculous, and ice water is really satisfying.) As for getting rid of pop, though, it's fine to start with substitution for now, then move on to elimination later! One way to up your water intake is to always carry a full bottle of water with you everywhere you go, so it's easier to remind yourself to stay away from pop :)

All the best!

Thanks for the advice and support! Two days, soda free! The first day I cheated with a coke slurpee...I'm so used to having one of those I forgot it is technically pop! :) Thanks, again!

• Like 2

174 days soda-free! Just a little under a week to breaking Steve mode. By this point in time, it's surprisingly easy to choose water over soda in a convenience store - I looked at a bottle of cola and didn't feel an urge to pick it up anymore. Water over other sweet drinks isn't as easy, but 1) that's not part of my goal and 2) I'm working towards that next. 

All the best to everyone! 

• Like 1

Steve Mode broken!!!!

tumblr_m1zr5qjlhs1rn78oa.gif

:blink: Incredible! :encouragement:  That's wonderful!

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Day 77 for me without Coca~Cola!! Yay!! I'm not cutting out all pop, but Coke I am since it's by far the hardest thing for me. There've been a few times that I've really missed it, especially seeing the commercials of the name bottles they have out again now, but, overall, I don't miss it. It's not easy for me, though, that's for sure, & I'm very happy to not have it as part of my diet any longer. Yay!! :D

• Like 1

Day 77 for me without Coca~Cola!! Yay!! I'm not cutting out all pop, but Coke I am since it's by far the hardest thing for me. There've been a few times that I've really missed it, especially seeing the commercials of the name bottles they have out again now, but, overall, I don't miss it. It's not easy for me, though, that's for sure, & I'm very happy to not have it as part of my diet any longer. Yay!! :D

Awesome! It gets easier from here :D Keep it up! 

----

I'm past the 200-day mark, and into my 30th week of a soda-free life :D keep going, everyone! We'll get there :D 

I am 323 days without pop!! Woot! :)

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

I forgot to post but I started this No Soda PVP challenge at the start of this current 6WC. My goal is to remain soda-free until the end of the year and onward! So far, so good!

Presently 5 days without touching or thinking about soda!

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

Heyyy! So, I am back and this time I am going to zen mode this -ish. Ready or not carbonated beverages cus I am about to throw this challenge down!

This message was brought to you by my nimble fingers, in association with my huge arse brain.

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

By the way, totally nailed my previous goal hurhue

This message was brought to you by my nimble fingers, in association with my huge arse brain.

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

A week without the fizzy popa's! Yaaaay

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote:

This Monday will be exactly one month without soda. I can't believe I've made it this far! I have definitely had some urges to grab a can or a bottle, but I haven't! Now to keep chugging (no pun intended) along with the progress!

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

July 5th!! 2 weeks since my last post and still off of soda!! Yas !

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote:

Going to start from zero again BUT, WITH NEW VIGOUR TO STAY OFF OF IT! SODA! BE GONE!

DAY 0

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote:

I was thisclose to breaking the other day. Apparently Mountain Dew has come out with a Sangrita Blast flavor.

Sangria is one of my faaaaaaavorite drinks. Naturally my initial thought was I NEED TO TRY THIS.

But I didn't. I wanted to, but I didn't.

What was worse is that I finally found Cherry Coke and Vanilla Coke.

Nope. I walked away. IT TOOK SO MUCH EFFORT, but I did it.

I was thisclose to breaking the other day. Apparently Mountain Dew has come out with a Sangrita Blast flavor.

Sangria is one of my faaaaaaavorite drinks. Naturally my initial thought was I NEED TO TRY THIS.

But I didn't. I wanted to, but I didn't.

What was worse is that I finally found Cherry Coke and Vanilla Coke.

Nope. I walked away. IT TOOK SO MUCH EFFORT, but I did it.

We are in the midst of the Princess of Themyscira

WOAH!! Good job

• Like 2

Spoiler

Quote: