[Ongoing] The No Soda PVP Challenge - Are You Nerd Enough?

Soda; been without it for 14 days; looking to hit beast mode

Welcome! Congrats on the progress thus far and you are now signed up for Beast Mode!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

That's right! I did sign up for novice for the lattes. Okay, now I don't feel so bad. Okay, just need to make it through today and tomorrow and then I can have my last pepsi for the challenge. I really want to kick it before the 6 weeks are up.

And auro, awesome job on going 14 days free!!!!!

Yeah! You can finish the Pepsi off, then match auro's 14 and level up! It won't be long and you'll level up on the lattes, too.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I'll let you know if I try it and how it goes. I'm reading mixed reviews so far. The people who use it love it, but then there are people freaking out over what is actually in it, and then there are those trying to calm the people freaking out saying it's not as bad as it sounds. So need to dig a little more.

I'm experiencing my first symptoms of withdrawal. I cannot keep my eyes open right now. I didn't realize how much I had become dependent on the caffeine to keep me awake throughout the day/week. I could seriously put my head down on my desk right now and take a nap. Ugh.

Caffeine doesn't just keep you awake during the day.  It messes with your sleep cycles at night as well.  I usually have a day or two where I could sleep all day long as I detox.  It's been 6 days now and I'm still feeling a bit sleep deprived.

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Caffeine doesn't just keep you awake during the day.  It messes with your sleep cycles at night as well.  I usually have a day or two where I could sleep all day long as I detox.  It's been 6 days now and I'm still feeling a bit sleep deprived.

Huh, I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday! That could explain why I slept for 12 hours last night. I could have slept longer but have possibe plans for lunch and needed to get up.

Whew! I am at a family gathering right now, and managed to resist drinking soda but felt a strong desire for the soda bottles in front of me. Luckily i had brought some flavored water with me. Preperation is key.

Preperation is key! Good job avoiding the sweet sweet temptation!

Edit: just put my sentences where they were suppose to be.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Huh, I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday! That

Preperation is key! Good job avoiding the sweet sweet temptation!

could explain why I slept for 12 hours last night. I could have slept longer but have possibe plans for lunch and needed to get up.

http://www.sleepdisordersguide.com/topics/caffeine.html

• Like 1

Tally Sheet for 2019

Didn't realize how long the effects linger. Interesting. *vulcan ears*

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Not taking part in the challenge but my personal challenge right now is to kick the cola habit so it's great to see others doing the same. I'm on day 2 of no soft drink at all and I'm going through the headache/fatigue section right now.

Stay strong everyone and best of luck in the challenge.

Thanks! You, too! Hang in there with the withdrawal and drop back by if you want a little encouragement. You can always join the challenge a little late or catch us next time. I suspect this one may roll over. And with an avatar like yours, you'll be in beast mode before you know it!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Not taking part in the challenge but my personal challenge right now is to kick the cola habit so it's great to see others doing the same. I'm on day 2 of no soft drink at all and I'm going through the headache/fatigue section right now.

Stay strong everyone and best of luck in the challenge.

you can do it!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tally Sheet for 2019

Six days down and seven is more than halfway. At a family gathering with no soda in the house (Yay, Mom!) and temptation is a good five miles away over back country dirt roads. I've got things easy today!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

week1, day 3 or 3/42...steady as she goes.  Very little headache today.  I've had a pretty bad (for me) case of squat DOMS.  think it was really soda withdrawal flu...

Holy cow, wildross. I just read on your challenge thread that you were drinking a half-gallon of DMD a day! No wonder you've been feeling the effects.

I hope you are through the caffeine withdrawal and your sleep cycle is starting to normalize. Man, going cold turkey on that much DMD is Super Beast Mode!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Holy cow, wildross. I just read on your challenge thread that you were drinking a half-gallon of DMD a day! No wonder you've been feeling the effects.

I hope you are through the caffeine withdrawal and your sleep cycle is starting to normalize. Man, going cold turkey on that much DMD is Super Beast Mode!

4 or more 20 oz bottles a day...gets expensive too

Tally Sheet for 2019

4 or more 20 oz bottles a day...gets expensive too

Ouch.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Multi post.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

How did everyone do during the weekend? I managed to keep myself off soda. :-)

I hope everyone's been successful!

Good for you!

I resisted all temptations and am heading into week 2 strong and motivated!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Good for you!

I resisted all temptations and am heading into week 2 strong and motivated!

good work!

• Like 1

Tally Sheet for 2019

good work!

You, too!  Let's beast mode Week 2!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

So far so good, although it was a bit weird picking alternative drinks this week. I caught myself opening the refrigerator on habit earlier today, which was an interesting if guilty realization. I bought myself a new type of tea as a reward for the week-long soda fast.

• Like 2

~ Amber: Level 0 Half-Elf Adventurer ~ 

STR: 0 - DEX: 0 - STA: 0 - CON: 0 - WIS: 0 - CHA: 0

"Your current safe boundaries were once unknown frontiers."

How are the Novice and the Beginners doing?

I think Hurley may be going for a level up this week on the lattes... 

Any of you beginners blast through your six days straight and keep going, or did you need the cheat day?

If you kept going and can hit 14 days, you can level up to intermediate. Just let me know.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

So far so good, although it was a bit weird picking alternative drinks this week. I caught myself opening the refrigerator on habit earlier today, which was an interesting if guilty realization. I bought myself a new type of tea as a reward for the week-long soda fast.

Good going! Smart strategy to give yourself a reward. You're a quarter of the way to leveling up!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir