bgvanbur and the spring hastening

bgvanbur

You've not done badly considering how much turmoil you're all going through. What have the bgvanburlets been making of having their house turned upside down?

Rest and time on feet sound like a good option, and it's definitely good that your reflecting on progress so far and making plans to improve.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

You're not your. I need to talk to myself about apostrophes.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

"Apostraphes"

I know this is a joke but I'm still crying.

The little ones liked it mostly.  The oldest spent two hours cleaning up from the roof debris.  The middle one didn't seem to like or dislike it.  And the youngest one loves the contractor (always trying to hug him) and liked staring at them work, and he got to sleep in my home office when they did the roof (since in the basement, a little quieter).

You think you get a-post-trophies for that? :)

Got in some outdoor time between work and dinner with middle son and wife's friend's daughter.

• Like 1

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

I got in seven workouts already this week!  Double workouts Thurs (15 minute bike... 60 minute group run... 400 meter all out sprint, I counted bike and sprint as one workout, and the keeping up with the trail group and single 400 meter all out as a sprint workout) and Friday (29 minute morning run... 20 minute jogging stroller lunch time run).  And cutting out carbs and watching what I eat and the weight has dropped!

Woohoo, over half way in all my goals so a quick mid week progress update!

Week 4 Pre Weekend Progress

1) 12 speedwork sessions (6/12)

50%
50%

2) 36 workouts (18/36)

50%
50%

3) Weigh 170 pounds (172.4)

52%
52%

4) 21 outdoor activities with boys (13/21)

61%
61%

Oh I forgot to mention that my 400m sprint (about an hour after an hour group run where I was out of breath to keep up) was 1:23 (with a 0:38 200 meter split).  I was quite impressed I put up that number, and putting those numbers in the distance converters seems to put me in the 23 to 26 minute 5k range, so hopefully by the end of the month I will beat my 25:03 5k PR.  Time to get my workout clothes ready for morning and go to bed.

Whooosh!

How did the early morning session go?

Good job, speedy man. Also, nice work getting yourself past the halfway point!

I am becoming obsessed with TAUR fb group. I love reading the stories and looking at the pictures. It's really inspiring me to do more trail running!

Thanks!  I like how every time I check facebook (which is more than I like to admit), I usually see a TAUR post :)

Whooosh!

How did the early morning session go?

The morning session was missing.  My wife got back from going out at 10:30pm and expected me to put away all the groceries and stuff since she was done for the day, and my newly fixed washer (new belt installed earlier on Friday) didn't drain, so I decided to fix that too and didn't get to bed until 12:45 am.

I did get in lots of fun outdoor time both weekend days with the boys, and even got in speed intervals as my middle son raced me on a scooter while I ran (and his grandpa huffed and puffed at a slow pace).  Food choices were bad and the scale wasn't happy this morning (175.4).  Got in my morning workout this morning and a lunch time outing to the playground with two youngest boys :)  And an evening push lawn mowering (count that as a workout, 90 minutes of pushing that thing around).

Well, that's not bad, and your reasons for not running seem like worthwhile things to do. I like the way you're integrating workouts with family time.

• Like 1

Been a crazy week, most mornings I have exercised in the morning except yesterday was a lazy morning.  Went to the playground three times this week on my lunch break with my kids, nice to get out in the warm air :)  My diet has been bad though.

Week 5 Pre Weekend Progress

1) 12 speedwork sessions (7/12)

2) 36 workouts (24/36)

3) Weigh 170 pounds (175.2)

4) 21 outdoor activities with boys (18/21)

So my goal for the rest of the challenge is 2 speedwork, 8 workouts, stop eating crap and enjoy the outside.  2 weeks to 5k race so want to get in some speedwork, good mileage and a good long run in the next week.

Great weekend.  Got lots of outdoor time in (my oldest son mowed most of the yard while I trimmed bushes and trees).  We found four baby bunnies in a burrow in the yard, luckily I found them before mowing that part.  And we have several dozen tadpoles in our small pond (guessing 25-30 gallons), cool seeing all the different sizes and different lengths.

And this morning I went for a long run on a rail to trail (railroad pulled up, now a flat/straight trail) and found a cool set of trails off of it that people use for dirt bikes and ATVs.  I ran some, but wasn't sure if public use, but according to my trail friends they said it is an old out of business golf course that lots of people use to run/bike/atv on now.   That part was 64 minutes.  Then went over to the track.  Did some 200m (37, 39, 38, 38, 38, 42).   Then explored the other side of those trails I found.  I really should head to the track first since I keep going after running.

And got Settlers of Catan, so excited to teach the kids how to play!

Ah! That's my favorite! My family has all the expansions, my husband and his friends like making their own rules :)

Cool, we already have Catan Junior and have been contemplating the normal version for a while.  We played last night, but didn't have much time beyond setting up and trying to make sure everyone knew the rules, and the 5 year old won with only 4 victory points (longest road).

Bunnies! That's so exciting.

Sounds like a great trail run. Did you encounter any mountain bikers/atvs? I think I get a little speed work in while darting out of the way as they approach.

No bikers/atvs, but others say they have seen them when using the hills.

And my trail group run tonight is at park I never ventured (which is why I picked the Tuesday group instead of the Thursday group).

You'll love it, I'm sure. How was the trail run group?

It was great.  Since these are slower "trots", we broke into two groups, one for runners and one for half walk half run.  Only 5 people in the running group and maybe 18 in the other group, and none of us runners really knew the trail but we had a map!  Lots of hills and scenery, and a nice playground and log play area so definitely need to take the kids back out.

Five workouts already this week (Mon, Tues morning and evening, Wed, And Fri).  In preparation of my 5k next weekend, I ran an all out practice 5k this morning and shaved 50 second off my PR (now sub 25 with 24:13).  Makes me excited to see if the competitive and flatness of next weekend's 5k will bring it down even more (usually does).  Scouts leaderboard updated :)

Week 6 Pre Weekend Progress

1) 12 speedwork sessions (9/12) B

2) 36 workouts (30/36) B

3) Weigh 170 pounds (175) F

4) 21 outdoor activities with boys (23/21) A+

I doubt these preliminary grades will change much over the weekend, but I will try to avoid eating crap and do two more workouts (easy run Saturday and long run Sunday).

Hey, we did it! The challenge is over!!! How'd ya do? :)

It's been over for 18 minutes here. You lot have got - what - 5, 6, 7 more hours of challenge left haven't you? Come on, you can get about 60km done in that time!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines