bgvanbur and the spring hastening

bgvanbur

Thanks!  I am excited for the race now too.

A fun good weekend with lots of outdoor fun.  But not the greatest food wise.

Challenge Results

1) 12 speedwork sessions (9/12) B

2) 36 workouts (32/36) B

3) Weigh 170 pounds (175) F

4) 21 outdoor activities with boys (26/21) A+

I didn't get as much speedwork and general workouts as desired, but glad I got in as many as I did.  I didn't lose any weight but at least I didn't gain any weight.  And a great start into getting my boys outside more :)

The next challenge works well with my half marathon trail training timeframe.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Stats Update

Initial:

LVL: 14, STR: 13.5, DEX: 16.5, STA: 25.5, CON: 6, WIS: 11.25, CHA: 8.25

1) 12 speedwork sessions

+3 DEX

2) 36 workouts (speedwork counts)

+1.5 STR

+1.5 STA

3) Weigh 170 pounds

+0 CHA

4) 21 outdoor activities with boys

+2 CON

+2 WIS

Final:

LVL: 15, STR: 15, DEX: 19.5, STA: 27, CON: 8, WIS: 13.25, CHA: 8.25

Good work with the outdoor family activities especially. That's an important one. And if you can fit in enough workouts for a B in goals 1 and 2 you're doing OK.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Thanks and thanks!

It was a mix of speed work (hill sprints or plain sprints) or running with the fast group at a trail group run where I was struggling the whole time to even stay with the back of the pack.

With my 5k on Saturday, I am now transititioning to focusing on longer running and hill running for a hilly half trail marathon on July 19.  And I have a few friends already signed up for the 50k I did last November for this November, and I am pretty sure I want to do the full 50k again so focusing on longer running doubly so!  Obviously don't want to lose any speed gains, so will keep up with sprints and such just not as much.

I hate the two week breaks for challenges...

• Like 1

Thanks and thanks!

It was a mix of speed work (hill sprints or plain sprints) or running with the fast group at a trail group run where I was struggling the whole time to even stay with the back of the pack.

With my 5k on Saturday, I am now transititioning to focusing on longer running and hill running for a hilly half trail marathon on July 19.  And I have a few friends already signed up for the 50k I did last November for this November, and I am pretty sure I want to do the full 50k again so focusing on longer running doubly so!  Obviously don't want to lose any speed gains, so will keep up with sprints and such just not as much.

I hate the two week breaks for challenges...

Have you heard the theory, "distance running is like putting money in the bank, speed work is like taking money out?" Do you think that makes sense, or is it crap?

I'm thinking about doing a 50 k in November, too, but I haven't decided yet.

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

"distance running is like putting money in the bank, speed work is like taking money out?"

Not if I understand what it means.  It sounds like distance running builds a base to improve your overall running and speed work is so draining that you can only do so much of it.  Last year when preparing for my 50k I focused on overall running time and it helped build my base so I was faster overall, so base building is great for both, but this quote doesn't seem the clearest to me.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines