A new beginning for sookieboo

sookieboo

Well, my life has, or is rather going to, take a bit of a turn this year. In July I am going to Africa for a month. When I come back from there I am going to move to the Falkland Islands and am starting a job down there. Needless to say I am rather excited by the prospect but I am also a little apprehensive about just how much I need to do before I go.

My goals from the previous challenge have changed somewhat...

I do still want to decrease my body fat, it is too high, currently (still about 35%) so my main goal is  to Decrease body fat percentage to 30% or below.  I feel this is quite a challenge but hey, if it was easy it wouldn't be a worthy main challenge. Maybe. WHO KNOWS!! It's worth giving it a go anyway. It probably won't happen this challenge but I need to be making more progress towards it.

To do this my goals for this challenge are:
To walk, or run at least twice a week. My main priority before this challenge has been strength training; however, I'm going to climb a mountain in Africa so could really do with putting some miles on my legs. Even a quick, once round the block type walk will suffice, as long as I am getting moving a bit more than I currently am.
In addition to the above. I will go to the gym at least once a week and do some weights.

I would hope to be able to exceed these targets but I do have quite a lot else going on so really need to keep this achievable.

Life Quest:
To make £200 through selling things I no longer want or need. I have to get rid of quite a lot of stuff and have so far managed to make just over £100. I'm planning on doing a car boot sale in a few weeks so do need to do some sorting out of stuff before that happens. Car boot / eBay / other methods will all help me achieve this.

And perhaps the most important question of all: What's my motivation?
Well, I feel that my weight is not effecting my health but I don't like what I see when I look in the mirror! Losing some weight will make mountain climbing easier and if I don't start sorting my stuff out now then my life will get very difficult and stressful come July!

Points at the start of the challenge:

STR ~ 5 | DEX ~ 2.5 | STA ~ 5 | CON ~ 7 | WIS ~ 8 | CHA ~ 5

Level 4 Adventurer: Half Hobbit / Half Dwarf

Current Challenge

"Be yourself... Everyone else is taken" Oscar Wilde

I did rehash my goals after reading the mini challenge, I changed from gym 3 times a week plus walking to what I have above as I really do not think that I can sustain that for six weeks whilst trying to sort out all of my belongings. I'm not convinced that my main goal is achievable this challenge but ultimately that is what I am working towards, it is my goals through the challenge that I will measure myself on,

I'm going to add my points in this thread and only update my signature at the end of the challenge - I'm sure that I got confused last time!

STR ~ 5 | DEX ~ 2.5 | STA ~ 5 | CON ~ 7 | WIS ~ 9 | CHA ~ 5

Current Challenge

Don't worry - your main goal doesn't have to cover just the six weeks of the challenge.

M x

Fellow Brit!

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

Well, made some progress already...

I've walked at least 5 miles each of the last couple of days - it is much easier as I am not at school so can just walk anywhere I need to go as I have more time. I'm also 5% towards my goal of £200  :peaceful: ,,, Only £190 left!!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Oh cool, which mountain are you climbing in Africa - Kilimanjaro?  I can't wait to do that one day - i love the idea of exploring my own continent, but i've never been anywhere else on the continent but my own country.  We're doing Mauritius soon though :)

how has your challenge been so far?

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

We are climbing Mt Meru - not quite as high as Kili but still high enough. We should get great views of Kilimanjaro from the top.

It is certainly a big continent to explore!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Well, my challenge started off quite well - this week has not been quite so good. I've not made it to the gym and have done far less walking than last week. There is still the weekend left for me to redeem myself though!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Challenge so far....

walking - last week was better than this - I have logged a bit this week but not a lot. Managed my two days though.

gym - not happened....

life goal - I'm over 36% of the way through :)

Current Challenge

Points at the start of the challenge:

mini quests 2 and three successfully completed so...

Points at end of week 2:

STR ~ 5 | DEX ~ 2.5 | STA ~ 6 | CON ~ 7 | WIS ~ 9 | CHA ~ 6

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines