• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Librarian of Doom

LoD's Spartan Survival Challenge

Quickie post on the way back from the Spartan. I did not die! Nor did I seriously injure myself (don't ask about scratches or bruises), pass out, or even puke. there were a few times that I got dizzy due to heat and elevation changes, but I rested when that happened. I completed almost all of the obstacles, usually with help, and finished in under 5 hours. And yes, Cline, I sprinted to the finish :)

• Like 7

Quickie post on the way back from the Spartan. I did not die! Nor did I seriously injure myself (don't ask about scratches or bruises), pass out, or even puke. there were a few times that I got dizzy due to heat and elevation changes, but I rested when that happened. I completed almost all of the obstacles, usually with help, and finished in under 5 hours. And yes, Cline, I sprinted to the finish :)

I never doubted you would!

Well done. 

giphy.gif

RAWWWWRRRR

AROOO! Great job. Look forward to more stories and maybe pictures. :)

But the big question ... did you have fun?

• Like 1

AROOO! Great job. Look forward to more stories and maybe pictures. :)

But the big question ... did you have fun?

^^^^^^All of this!

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Tell us one obstacle you did (alone or assisted...sometimes the assisted ones are more fun) even though you thought you might not be able to.

• Like 1

I did actually have fun. Although the aforementioned dizziness was not fun, I did really enjoy myself and would probably do another, although the Sprint is probably more my speed.

There were two obstacles I really didn't think I could do, but managed with a lot of assistance. The first was a wall that slanted back towards you at about a 45 degree angle. There were boards to grab onto and haul yourself up. One of the volunteers helped to support me, and I got to the top, but couldn't get over, so he climbed up, while supporting me, and literally shoved me over. Major props. The second was a wall after a mud pit. There were knotted ropes to climb up with, but the ropes were attached to the top of the wall. I got to the top, ran out of rope, and slipped back down. The second time, a volunteer grabbed my hand, and my sister grabbed my leg and helped me get it over the top so I could get over.

The obstacle I was most dreading was the bridge over the entrance, because I'm not great with heights, but I did it pretty easily.

My favorite obstacle was either the tire flips or when we got to swim across a little creek. I was so hot and the water felt so good. Even though I got a major cramp in my calf, it was totally worth it.

When I get home I will try to find a picture to share of the view from the small mountain we went up. It was almost worth the climb

• Like 5

Tire flips seem right up your alley where all that crossfit training comes to the fore. I remember when there was an ice dip on my Spartan Run last year. That wasn't an obstacle- it was a reward! Though I also did a race on a  cold day and when I went through that ice dip, well ... the boys downstairs took a good 5 minutes before they would talk to me again.  :snowman:

Tire flips seem right up your alley where all that crossfit training comes to the fore. I

I was thinking the same thing. Awesome LOD!