Stooshie- The road goes ever, ever on!

Stooshie

Hope your back is feeling better! Glad to see you're managing to get some activity in while still being mindful and not pushing yourself to further injury. And hooray for more interviews! You're the interview queen! 

• Like 1

Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha.

Member of CNF: TOS

I've never tried it on clothing, but I definitely want to! Perhaps I'll have some time for it this weekend, just have to think up something nice to put on there. :)

Boo back pain! I'm glad that it's getting a little better. Perhaps you should treat yourself to a massage as a reward for absolutely rocking everything! Finals, this challenge and - whoa, so many interviews! I'm crossing my fingers for you, but with the impression I have of you, I'm pretty sure you'll get loads of positive replies. :)

Sleep well tonight and feel better!

It's a lot of fun on clothing although it can be tricky to make the embroidery work with the article of clothing that you're working on. If you do something, let me know! :D 

I am considering a massage very seriously. Although I should probably save that money for a haircut at the moment as I'm beginning to resemble Cousin It more than I would like to. Thank you! ^.^ I have some news to share about the interviews!

"No power in the 'verse can stop me."

Current Challenge: Stooshie is a Leaf on the Wind

Past Challenges: The road goes ever, ever on!

Hope your back is feeling better! Glad to see you're managing to get some activity in while still being mindful and not pushing yourself to further injury. And hooray for more interviews! You're the interview queen! 

Thank you, lady! I'm doing better now that I was. I had to be very careful last week and it was not fun. I didn't want to hurt myself further. I don't handle inactivity well, so the idea of having to deal with more of it was just... no. 

Haha! Thank you! :D

Wow I just found your thread now and the theme is amazing and you are and soooo many posts to read through! Anyway I have nothing useful to say I'm afraid haha but following you for the last days!

• Like 1

Wow I just found your thread now and the theme is amazing and you are and soooo many posts to read through! Anyway I have nothing useful to say I'm afraid haha but following you for the last days!

Hi, Lilith! I'm so happy to have you! Thank you so much! You're so kind! ^_^ I've been having a lot of fun with this theme. It will be one that I come back to at some point. I really love your theme. I've been lurking and reading your thread for several weeks. You ROCK! :D The next couple days I will hopefully have some entertaining posts for everyone. Staaarting tonight! Whoo!

Yes, I am late. I have no excuses. However, I will hopefully make the wait worth your time! SO- Recap of week 5! Here we go!

tumblr_mp2wccuzBI1ray2h9o1_1280.jpg

(Big picture is big...) I am happy to say that my journey is nowhere near being over yet. I do believe I may come back to this particular theme when it suits my needs. There is a level of courage and fortitude that it has been giving me. I may have to do without a great many things before the end of the journey, but I am more excited to see what is in store for me!

So, the last you all heard, I was not happy and stuck doing... not much of anything. I do not handle inactivity well. It makes me very grumpy which is part of the reason that you have not had an update from me since then. Grumpy me is not pleasant (ask Deerc, the poor dear knows from first hand experience), so I removed myself from interacting for a little while. 

I took Friday as another rest day partly in an attempt to control my grumpiness. It was pretty much a generic day, although the walks that I went on earlier in the week seemed to be helping a great deal. My mobility was much better and I could deal with the pain much better. 

Saturday I woke up a bit sore, but nowhere near as bad as I had been. Taking a complete rest day on Friday was apparently a very good move. I decided to try a workout on Saturday night, so I went back to some basic assassin work with a good bodyweight workout. It felt phenomenal and I got through it with no problems. I also discovered something awesome. I CAN ALMOST DO A FULL, UNASSISTED PULL UP! I know this is not a big achievement for some of you, but this is a huge thing for me. I've never been able to do pull ups... ever.  SO HAPPY. And yes, it's an almost, but now I have extreme determination to do this now! I'm going to do pull ups, dang it! 

In other news, I did have 3 more interviews last week. Two went very well, the other made me want to throw things (in a bad way). However, the one that did not go very well was not due to my own behavior or answers. That, in itself, is comforting. But the exciting news... The two that went very well were for the same company- I was offered the position and accepted! I now have two internships for the summer! I got all of the paperwork for the second one finished today! I'm so excited! :D 

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandalf as they rode along.

"To look ahead," said he.

"And what brought you back in the nick of time?"

"Looking behind," said he.

This challenge has been very good for me. I honestly gave me the opportunity to focus on a major issue that I had been putting off for some time. In my walks last week, I took a great deal of time to think about a lot of the issues I have with this particular dragon. I started evaluating why the anxiety was getting so bad over the last couple years and I eventually discovered one of the issues. I have spent so much time over the last years fretting about the future. My thoughts were always worrying over this or that that I started to lose my center. I allowed myself to get so wrapped up in things in the future that I would forget to keep track of my current state. While it's important to have plans, if you spend all your time creating and living to your plans you often lose your grounding in the present. I've always known this, but it is somehow always harder to live what you know. Application is a constant battle. I have already modified my daily routine to help me stay centered and grounded in the present. I am also currently modifying the way that I set plans for the future. 

Speaking of the future... I already have the next challenge figured out. I hope you all will join me for that one. The theme is going to be fun. ;) (That's all you get for now...)

Weekly Stats:

Workouts- 6/5

Flexibility- 7/7

Good Night's Sleep- 6/5 *GASP! Exceeded the goal! WHAT?!* 

Internship Applications- N/A *Two internships for the summer along with summer classes will be enough.*

Grade- A+

Challenge Stats:

Workouts- 30/30

Flexibility- 35/42

Good Night's Sleep- 24/30

Internship Applications- Two internships for the summer! Goal Achieved! 

Thank you for being such an amazing group of people. I know I would have given up on this challenge weeks ago if it wasn't for you fabulous people! 

• Like 3

Yay for feeling better!

Yay for almost pull up!

And double-yay for two internships! That's awesome news! I'm glad you took the time to figure something out, and hope you'll feel better now that you have :) 

I've got my next challenge figured out, too. Even have the post typed up already >_> :D

...and you better join the assassins again next time or we'll come to get you. We're pistols now.

• Like 2

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

apfelstrudi tries to find batteries

Haha I stop posting too when I'm grumpy becausexI was inactive and didn't do my goals. That's why it's so good you are already really thinking about what went right and what went wrong in this challenge and what you will do in the next one! Gogo get that pullup btw!

• Like 1

Two internships AND summer classes? I should say that's enough. You're making the rest of us look bad! ;) 

Here's to pull ups! I'm hoping to do just one by the end of this week. 

Can't wait to see your awesome end to this challenge, and see what you have in store for the next one! 

• Like 1

Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha.

Yay pullups! They are pretty much my all time favourite body weight exercise, and almost getting that first one is a really big deal. I'm really happy for you. Pretty happy to hear about everything else going well too, congrats on the internships. It's awesome the challenge has been so good for you.

• Like 1

Half-Giant Assassin Level 9

Current Challenge: Move

Past Challenges: First Challenge, Read the Prophecy, Follow the Prophecy, Get Serious Again, Upside Down, Running, Build a Bridge, Make it Fun,

"I have not failed 10,000 times; I have successfully found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

"I don't want to do it, therefore I must!" - Me

"If we win because we are a winner then when we lose it must make us a loser." - Josh Waitzkin

So looking forward to Camp Nerd Fitness, really hope I'll get to meet some fellow assassin there. Might have to be top secret though.

I'm glad your back is feeling a bit better and congratulations on your internship!!!   Will you still be in the assassins next challenge?

Thank you! It's been nice having freedom of movement again. Hahaha! Thank you. It's going to be interesting for sure. One of them is already fun, so I'm enjoying it a lot. It may give me a chance to travel to NYC for a few days as well! I will definitely be in the assassins in the coming challenge. My goals are especially assassiny this time, so I'm excitedAre you going to be? 

Yay for feeling better!

Yay for almost pull up!

And double-yay for two internships! That's awesome news! I'm glad you took the time to figure something out, and hope you'll feel better now that you have :)

I've got my next challenge figured out, too. Even have the post typed up already >_> :D

...and you better join the assassins again next time or we'll come to get you. We're pistols now.

^_^ Thank you! It's going to be a lot of fun this summer. I'm not dealing with the summer boredom. Also, I have a good reason to stay inside which is good in this part of the world. It gets way too hot. I am feeling much better now that I know a little more. I still have some things to address, but it's going to be easier now that I know what my brain is doing and why.

YAY! I can't wait to see! You're going to be hooping, right?! :D 

o.o Don't worry, the thought of leaving hadn't crossed my mind... I'm extremely loyal to the guild. ;) 

Two internships AND summer classes? I should say that's enough. You're making the rest of us look bad! ;)

Here's to pull ups! I'm hoping to do just one by the end of this week. 

Can't wait to see your awesome end to this challenge, and see what you have in store for the next one! 

Hahahaha! Nonsense! I'm making you look sane. ;) Although I've already been having fun with a couple of these internships, so we'll see how they go!

YAY! Did you do one? That's so exciting! 

Report of the ending is coming up today! It's been a crazy last week, but a most momentous one!

Yay pullups! They are pretty much my all time favourite body weight exercise, and almost getting that first one is a really big deal. I'm really happy for you. Pretty happy to hear about everything else going well too, congrats on the internships. It's awesome the challenge has been so good for you.

YAY! I'm really excited. I'll be trying them again tonight, so we'll see if my week of work helped get me any closer. Thank you! It'll interesting to see how the internships go. I've already started work on them and so far they've been fun. MOAR WRITING! ;) And thank you! I've been really happy with this challenge. The last one I did, I crashed and burned in epic style. This one has been much more reasonable. 

You rock all the things.

That is all.

D'awwww. Shucks. ^_^ Thank you, lady! You're awesome! This has been an amazing challenge!

Stooshie is an inspiration

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh golly! o.o Thank you, Dizz! You're my inspiration! Everyone's been kicking so much butt on this challenge!

Update and final overview of the challenge is coming... After I bake some cookies. :)

• Like 1

d6ffe019948bcf534950875473b6c9d4.jpg

We made it through the challenge! :D I'm so excited! Here is a (very short) recap of week 6 followed by a recap of my whole challenge. Thank you all for sticking through this challenge with me. You are phenomenal!

So, week 6 was actually very good. I got 6 nights of 7+ hours of sleep, I stretched every day and I got in all my workouts and some extra. On top of that, I got ANOTHER internship in the middle of last week.... Just. WHAT. Anyways, I've got those three now. Two are writing internships; the latest one is an editorial internship. Sooooo... o.O Yeah. Last week ended up being insanely busy. I was also spending time with several friends that were going away and dealing with ALL THE TIRED. It seems that I am exhausted no matter how much sleep I get lately. On to the recap of the whole challenge! :D 

Goal 1

Work out 5 times a week-  

To reach this goal and get 3 points of STR and 2 points of STA, I would have had to work out a grand total of 30 times in the last six week. After checking on my spread sheets, my final number of workouts is 38. I ended up working out 6 times a week and skipped a couple of rest days. 

38/30 workouts- ACHIEVED! +3 STR and +2 STA

Goal 2

Flexibility work every day-

To reach this goal and earn 4 DEX for this challenge, I would have to stretch or do yoga every day for the entire challenge. My final number of days in which I worked on my flexibility totaled 42!

42/42 days of flexibility training- ACHIEVED! +4 DEX

Goal 3

Sleep at least 7 hours a night 5 days a week- 

This goal was ridiculously hard. I am too prone to not sleeping. Thanks to various factors, I have a habit of running on far too little sleep than I should. This one was honestly very challenging. There were a couple weeks where I only managed to get 4 nights of sleep. In the end I did manage to get 30 nights of 7+ hours of sleep. However, this is something that I have to continue working on. 

30/30 nights of 7+ hours of sleep- ACHIEVED! +4 CON

Goal 4

Send out 3 applications for internships per week-

The main focus of this goal was to simply get applications out there. I expected to hear back from maybe one or two organizations after sending out at least 24 applications. However, I sent out only 11 before I heard back from 5 different groups. I have accepted 3 different positions for the summer, two of which have already started. I am beyond stoked and I'm still in shock that it only took 11 applications. 

11/18 applications with no hope of hearing back- 5 REPLIES! 3 INTERNSHIP POSITIONS ACCEPTED! C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! +1 WIS and +1 CHA!

"It was at this point that Bilbo stopped. Going on from there was the bravest thing he ever did. The tremendous things that happened afterwards were as nothing compared to it. He fought the real battle in the tunnel alone, before he ever saw the vast danger that lay in wait." 

This challenge has forced me to face a few things, chiefly a terrible round of crippling anxiety. It's taken a lot of work and a lot of mental fortitude to face a lot of the things, however I feel it's been worth it for all the difficulties that it's caused me. I am not going to lie. It hasn't been fun at all. However, I feel that I've discovered part of the problem and since addressing that, things have gotten much better. With the anxiety finally under control, I can focus on other things now. However, it seems like the battles that you must fight with yourself are always much harder than any battles you may fight with any other opposition. Confronting a lot of these things has been very hard and left me very drained. Once I recharge, I think that I will be doing better than I have in a while. 

Thank you all so much for this amazing challenge! Thank you rocking your challenges and being amazing people. Thank you for reading my thread! You're fantastic. I can promise you some definite entertainment if you join me during my next challenge. ;) This is going to be fun! 

• Like 4

Woohoo!!! You rocked the socks off this challenge in all categories, way to go! 

I know what you mean about the internal battles being the hardest, but it sounds like you made some serious progress on that front as well, and even a small amount of progress can make a world of difference. 

Now go, relax, recharge, and get ready for our next adventure! :) 

• Like 1

"It was at this point that Bilbo stopped. Going on from there was the bravest thing he ever did. The tremendous things that happened afterwards were as nothing compared to it. He fought the real battle in the tunnel alone, before he ever saw the vast danger that lay in wait."

However, it seems like the battles that you must fight with yourself are always much harder than any battles you may fight with any other opposition. Confronting a lot of these things has been very hard and left me very drained. Once I recharge, I think that I will be doing better than I have in a while.

Super duper proud of all the hard work you did this challenge.  Enjoy the spoils of your victory and see you in the next challenge!

the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

You did great. You totally crushed your goals. I can only imagine how hard your internal battle was but you survived and I'm sure it made you stronger than you ever were before. You're awesome.

• Like 1

Half-Giant Assassin Level 9

Current Challenge: Move

Past Challenges: First Challenge, Read the Prophecy, Follow the Prophecy, Get Serious Again, Upside Down, Running, Build a Bridge, Make it Fun,

"I have not failed 10,000 times; I have successfully found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

"I don't want to do it, therefore I must!" - Me

"If we win because we are a winner then when we lose it must make us a loser." - Josh Waitzkin

So looking forward to Camp Nerd Fitness, really hope I'll get to meet some fellow assassin there. Might have to be top secret though.

Thank you all so much! I really couldn't have done it without support from all of you! You really are fantastic, lovely people. Thank you so much for all your support. :) It's meant so much!

If you want to follow along with this new challenge, my thread is here: The Game Is On!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines