LARPer Fitness

Pretty much what it says on the label. 

This is the thread for LARPers in the April 14 challenge to post up, encourage each other, and work towards their goals. 

• Like 4

Get Strong One Day At A Time.
Level 2 Human Warrior (Multiclassing into Assassin)- STR 5, STA 2, CON 3.5, DEX 2, WIS 6 [on a good day...], CHA 5.5

Challenge 4/30/2012; +9 Points

Current Challenge: Captain America and Wolverine are Multiclass Warrior/Assassins
"It is easier to find men who are willing to die than those willing to endure pain with patience."-- Gaius Julius Caesar

Brittanis Dark Arthurian Adventure-- Come to Brittanis. Live the Legend. 

*raises hand*

I'm here!

Ok...Overall Goal:  To get started getting fit.  I want to build strength and stamina.  I want to fit into some of the great clothing I designed and made about a decade ago.

Three mid-goals:

1) get the ballet bar installed on the wall (I need help with this; it's a 2 person job.)

2) Do one hour of Callanetics three days a week, walk around the block three days a week (without dying.)

3) Cut way down on Carbs after noon.  Eat REGULAR meals.

How's that?  (And anybody up for coming over to help me install the ballet bar?  Please?)

*raises hand*

I'm here!

Ok...Overall Goal:  To get started getting fit.  I want to build strength and stamina.  I want to fit into some of the great clothing I designed and made about a decade ago.

Three mid-goals:

1) get the ballet bar installed on the wall (I need help with this; it's a 2 person job.)

2) Do one hour of Callanetics three days a week, walk around the block three days a week (without dying.)

How's that?  (And anybody up for coming over to help me install the ballet bar?  Please?)

*raises hand*

I'm here!

Three mid-goals:

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Warrior (Multiclassing into Assassin)- STR 5, STA 2, CON 3.5, DEX 2, WIS 6 [on a good day...], CHA 5.5

Current Challenge: Captain America and Wolverine are Multiclass Warrior/Assassins
"It is easier to find men who are willing to die than those willing to endure pain with patience."-- Gaius Julius Caesar

Also, as we post up our personal threads here, make sure you go to your allies'  threads and click "Follow this Thread" so you get the updates for them so you can help encourage them along! 

• Like 2

1) Main Quest: Loose weight, and hopefully the ever present gut. Would ideally like to be down to 180, but 200 is much more realistic, and hopefully a down to a 38 pant size. 

Goals: 

1A. Be more active. I plan on joining a gym and being more active. My goal is to work out at least 5 days a week, even if it’s just walking.

1B. Drink a lot more water! rather than all the soda (at least 18 oz a day).

1C. I will not eat junk or fast food more than once a week.

1D. Down to 1 Soda or less a day is my goal.

Motivation: Well I want to lose the weight I am tired of being out of breath all the time and sweating for every little thing. So I went to the start of our LARP for the first time this year and afterwards I knew I was in bad shape, and I am sure my costume isn’t going to get lighter or the temperature colder. Honestly I am just tired of being the fat guy. It’s time to start doing something about it. Besides it won’t hurt my chances at getting a job either so.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/47111-adventurer-who-wants-to-fit-into-that-armor/

• Like 2

Level O Human Adventurer
STR - 0, DEX - 0, STA - 0, CON- 0 , WIS - 0, CHA - 0

First Challenge: 

http://www.brittanis.com Come to Brittanis. Live the Legend. 

Just found this-- SUUUUPER cheap workout equipment. I'm probably going to make a set of these for our house. Anybody else interested once I'm done, I may make them for others too. 

http://crossfitcenturion.wordpress.com/equipment-on-the-cheap/

Ready to DO THIS!!!

Here's my thread.

At my weight and fitness level, I'll be an Adventurer for a while.  But then?  Who knows? 

ULTIMATE GOAL:  Lose 150 lbs. 

Thus far:  I've lost 35.  Here's looking at the next ten.

• Like 2

Race: HumanClass: Lvl 2 Adventurer

{STR:2||DEX:1||STA:2||CON:1||WIS:2||CHA:2}

"Shut up and reboot!"

Challenge 2

Personal Thread Updated. 

3/4 goals achieved. Need more water intake. 

Soooo......bodyweight workouts might prove too painful.  Stupid murderous stairs.

I'm considering changing out that goal with taking the stairs at work every day.  It's already half a mile one way from my car to my desk, with part of that walk up an incline.  I'd have to climb 1.5 flights of stairs to get to my unit at least once a day, probably two or three times.  And then there are the garage stairs, in which I would have to climb at least two flights, if I parked on the ground level and no higher.

What do you all think?

"Shut up and reboot!"

Challenge 2

LARP is turning into a remarkable motivation for doing all this diet/exercise/improvement stuff.

I want to look GREAT in costumes.  I mean, have you SEEN the Brittanis Khemri board on Pinterest?  Ooooh, yeah.

I want to camp and work and run and do stuff for a three-day adventure and not die.  ;)

I want to learn how to fight in combat, and maybe work my way up to not sucking at it???

I want to repair my body to where I can GET UP THAT HILL and do combat and maybe do some dramatic stunty things...

I want to feel powerful, not just in my stance and my words (faking it), but in my body and my confidence in my abilities (MAKING it).

I want to find my inner badass.  ;)

Big thank you to theactionpoint, SweetLouise, and everyone on #teambrittanis for making this crazy fun magical adventure thing and for being such an inspiration to me.

I'm down about 8 pounds, my posture has dramatically improved, I'm eating healthy, and most importantly-- I'm looking forward to the future.

• Like 3

Level 0 Human Rebel

STR 0 DEX 0 STA 0 CON 0 WIS 0 CHA 0
Current Challenge: Getting Out of the Swamp of Despair

Ok, the hip seems to be ok with the bodyweight thus far.

I'm sore in fantastic ways, getting ready to mow my bigass back yard.

I've also got auditions today!  WOO!

And if I get the floors done, we're gonna FINALLY go see Cap 2 tonight.

"Shut up and reboot!"

Challenge 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines