exjamieus' Good Fight | Goes into the West

exjamieus

exjamieus' Good Fight

Goes into the West

1238924_10202126994475315_2104434443_n.j

Hello Assassins! I'm taking leave from the Warrior's for this challenge. 

Main Quest: Be in Bitchin Shape for Washington

Fitness Goals

PLP Challenge BOOM!! I got a doozy of a cold in March and had to find things to do that didn't involve coughing and sneezing all over the gym. This fit the bill. I don't do pull ups, I do reverse bodyweight rows in my dog's crate. 

Handstand challenge  I've been pretty diligent thus far, made it two weeks! 

Run like it's Broad Street   This should have been one of the last things my bestie and I did together before I bounced. But plans changed and I'm leaving early. No reason not to train for it though. 

Life Goal

I'm moving back without a job. Stress management and separating "happiness from satisfied" are the important focuses for me this challenge. 

Monday April 14th I'm giving my company 3 weeks notice. My last day will be May 2, May 3 Lyra (my monster) and I are bouncing. Been looking forward to this cross country drive for months!!! Me, a monster, my bike, and a car full my most favorite things.  :-) :-) :-) Wilmington, DE to Kirkland, WA. 

It's been a long time coming. 

• Like 1

Human Warrior

Just quit my job. It feels like freedom. 

On my run this morning was a wee bit stressed. I got to the park before the lights came on. I actually finished my cool down as the lights turned one, but there was a full moon so that's cool.

OR SO I THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may have been experiencing some anxiety, like flight or fight in the early parts of my jog. Plus it was dark, I debated the appropriateness of headphones while scanning on the trees for people hiding. After I ran past the second parking lot, I knew how many cars were there and estimated how many people I should as I run around the park. I turn and look behind me, and quite a ways down the path behind me is SLENDER MAN.

Full panic sprint. 

Needless to say the rest of the job was headphone free. 

Actually just recounting this story has my flight responses taking over. 

• Like 1

Human Warrior

I don't always follow challenge threads

dos-equis-most-interesting-guy-in-the-wo

but when I do, I make sure one is exjamieus's, as long as she provides the correct directions to said chalenge thread.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

That blows that you're missing The Broad Street Run! I did it in 2012 and it's what made me decide to never run more than 3.12 miles at a time ever again.

Also, will keep Bell's in mind. I found the most awesomeest beer distributer 10 min away from my house recently. They have all the beers, and also a bar.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

1520766_10203762717887378_16667033658395

OK, not very challenge related, but dang it was a good Bell's Sunday. We have to drive for 30min to get to the closest Bell's distributor. No matter where I am in my life, these two beers will taste of happiness. 

Yes... we will be good friends.

I currently live around Philly and would love to move to the Pacific Northwest. Seems like my kind of place.

So I'm going to sit over here and follow your journey.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I don't always follow challenge threads

dos-equis-most-interesting-guy-in-the-wo

but when I do, I make sure one is exjamieus's, as long as she provides the correct directions to said chalenge thread.

I don't always use my own signature, but when I do, it's more trouble than it's worth. 

That blows that you're missing The Broad Street Run! I did it in 2012 and it's what made me decide to never run more than 3.12 miles at a time ever again.

Also, will keep Bell's in mind. I found the most awesomeest beer distributer 10 min away from my house recently. They have all the beers, and also a bar.

I'm actually kinda bummed to be missing it. My best friend and roomie is accusing me of moving to avoid the run! The monster and I have been training for it. By which I mean I've been dragging her ass out and about. She doesn't have more than 3.12 miles in her either. Lazy pup. 

Yes... we will be good friends.

I currently live around Philly and would love to move to the Pacific Northwest. Seems like my kind of place.

So I'm going to sit over here and follow your journey.

Future beer buddies? Yes please. 

Welcome, welcome!  Out of curiousity, how high is your dog's crate that you can do bodyweight rows on it?  You must have a huge dog!

I'll just post a pic, of me, the crate and the monster. It'll make more sense. 

Oh hey there! We will be practically neighbors, I love withing spitting distance of Kirkland-actually I grew up in Kirkland. It is such a pretty area

Yay!! Spitting beer buddies!! 

Sweet dreams.

mg5puwl.gif

This caused my PTSD to surface. 

I just came to yell at you for leaving us, then I saw beer and all was well, until the sloth showed up...

No matter what happens, or how mad at each other we get, it'll never be anything that a virtual beer can't fix. Except our fear of sloths. That will never change. 

Life Update. 

I did some serious training for life out in WA and made significant progress............GODFUCKINGDAMNITALLTOHECK Chairohkey that sloth is stalking me as I type this. As I was saying, I think by the time I leave the ECoast (In less than two weeks baby!) my liver will be in peak performance and I'll be able to rock the summer. And I got rid of ALL my shit Saturday. 

Notable things learned from the weekend: A) Day drinking will lead to bed at 7pm on a Friday if all you eat is 1.) home made veggie juice, 2) homemade kimchee, 3) homemade kombucha 4.) roasted carrots and 5.) the rest of the london broil. Couple that will all of the IPAs on tap and co-workers dropping by. Yeah, 7pm on a Friday. Course I woke up at 5am... B) Getting rid of all your things does feel pretty good, but it's ok to do it in steps. I SLOWLY got rid of my books and cds and useful gadgets, so by the time Saturday came getting rid of everything was actually pretty easy. C) I don't think I'll consider the U my adopted team when I'm back in Seattle. D) It's fun to dress up and not look like a slob once in a while, but when I do dress up I look like I was a slob 5 minutes ago. 

Saturday was cool. Friday at lunch I was describing the epic good will run and a co-worker said "Don't do that, I know someone who just moved here from Peurto Rico and needs everything. I'll show up with a truck." Her crew came and took everything I was getting rid up, including things they didn't want. I don't even have a good will run anymore. How cool of a connection was that? It's an incredible feeling. I'm down to my embarrassing amount of clothes, my adventure gear, kitchen stuff, scrap books and a few books. Course this means I've lost my futon forever and am sleeping on my roommate's $15 mattress she bought off craigslist in college. It also means the bed is a lot lower to the ground now that it's not stacked two high and the monster sleeps on it when I'm gone. 

After all my stuff was gone it was time to go tailgate the Union. It was a bit windy but otherwise a wonderful way to spend my last Saturday with my best friend (I'm not moving next weekend, but she's outta town :-( ) I'm going to miss the shit outta this girl, countless hours of drinking, dancing plus working together plus Monday lunches (today's our last one), it was her idea to rent her other room still I saved up enough money to move, and when I was struggling with my job search she'd help me see the big goal and get my ass back in gear. Which is a long ass way of saying she kept me wasted all weekend. After the game she dragged my ass outta bed so her and her boy could take me out to bar. Which was awesome but goddamn! 

Sunday may have begun with a breakfast beer. I  actually remember, I'm simply not saying one way or the other. Then it was play time with monster before we went to a third friend's family Easter. On the way to Easter we stopped for a glass of wine and reminisced, about DE, our lives, Chicago, work, boys, careers and who is going to make VP first. (It'll be her dangit!) Easter dinner was fantastic. If you can't have your own family, find another no? We were adopted by this huge Italian family who claims to belong to the "church of Jesus told me to eat carbs."  I have post carboload DOMS <--- that is a real thing. 

Then I tried to you know organize the mess that used to be my laundry (got rid of all dressers/containers/laundry baskets) and Jenny accused me of failing to drink with her like I promised. So we watched some TV together........for the first and last time. Her TV is really only for football. We watched some shows about suburban families and felt utterly depressed about our futures.  

Human Warrior

Not sure how this didn't get muliquoted above. 

1) WTAF are you doing in the assassins. Didn't think you people would accept me without any iron in my challenge. I'm not sure when I'll be able to have a gym membership again. 

2) I've missed you around these parts Think I'm back to stay, it was just hard the last few months to hit 20h/week job hunting + traveling + guests. 

3) Glad you ain't dead Generally I am too 

4) When can I come visit for beers and hikes? And kimchi burgers? Ah man, I was going to post about a kimchee burger a few weeks ago but life just keeps getting in my way!  As for visits, give me a few weeks to chill + make kimchee then I'll only need a few days notice to hit the beer store.

You know what's crazy? I've never lived in WA as a adult. I learned to drink in MN, so I'll be discovering all those yummy microbrews for the first time. 

exjamieus' Good Fight

Goes into the West

1238924_10202126994475315_2104434443_n.j

Hello Assassins! I'm taking leave from the Warrior's for this challenge. 

Main Quest: Be in Bitchin Shape for Washington

Fitness Goals

PLP Challenge BOOM!! I got a doozy of a cold in March and had to find things to do that didn't involve coughing and sneezing all over the gym. This fit the bill. I don't do pull ups, I do reverse bodyweight rows in my dog's crate. 

I'm pretty happy with this, with the exception of this weekend I've done an excellent job of sticking to it %100. I think having a little calendar to cross of days helps. 

Handstand challenge  I've been pretty diligent thus far, made it two weeks! 

Again, killing it! 

I think I'm in good shape to keep the habit up over the road trip. 

Run like it's Broad Street   This should have been one of the last things my bestie and I did together before I bounced. But plans changed and I'm leaving early. No reason not to train for it though. 

The monster is getting much better at running on the leash. Probably because I replaced the 2' leash I lost in the snow this winter. 2' is just the perfect length. I'd like to step up my running because it feels good, but I'm not sure I have the mental capacity to do that seriously, interview prep, job hunt and move. 

Life Goal

I'm moving back without a job. Stress management and separating "happiness from satisfied" are the important focuses for me this challenge. 

I'm remarkably chill. I credit the huge welcome committee waiting for me in WA and the unanimous support here. With the exception of the big boss who shit herself, my co-workers are beyond positive about my leaving....Which has me wondering......

I also did the side challenge as it's not to far out of my way....but didn't log anything. Facepalm. 

• Like 1

Human Warrior

Welcome, welcome!  Out of curiousity, how high is your dog's crate that you can do bodyweight rows on it?  You must have a huge dog!

Flickr changed the way they do things so I'm not sure how to copy the photo and paste it here. Can't take the time to figure it out this morning so here is a link to the photo. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64391946@N04/13940804536/in/photostream/

The monster is in the crate behind me, it's not a great photo. I made her run with me yesterday, she had a good 25min in her, we turned around at 30 and I dragged her back. Like I had to praise and cheer her on the whole. Lazy monster!

Human Warrior

You too. My little dude also pulls a lazy. He'll sit on his butt, give me a derpy smile, and refuse to move unless he gets a treat. 6ajapy9a.jpg

YAY!! Cute puppy pic! I have a sneaking suspicion that Lyra would have found some energy in reserve if this little monster had shown up to play with her. 

Very cool set up.  If I tried that, my dog would lick me to death :)

Well one must upon occasion risk certain death to make gains. 

It used to hurt  my monster's feelings when I'd use her crate but she is getting used to it. 

Human Warrior

I realized yesterday that despite choosing body weight exercises I'm not sure how to do inverted body weight rows on my road trip. I've been trying to figure out a way to use my car, but as it's going to be full of my possessions not sure how that'll work. Maybe the driver's side door? put my hands on the frame with the door open? It might not be quite right but will satisfy due diligence. hmmm

Human Warrior

I can trust people that know what good beer is.

Not sure how to help you with the inverted row situation. Usually rest areas have picnic tables... hrrrm... if you keep an eye out I'm sure you will find some creative ways to do them.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Buy a length of rope and stop at playgrounds. Just loop it over the monkey bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines