• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wanderlust

Its time to focus

This is my 3rd challenge, for my last one I was all over the place and ultimately had trouble giving everything my best effort, so this time I have picked two areas to focus on, 

Goal 1: Diet.

• No sugar at home or work, except for a glass of chocolate milk after my work out.
  • Only order water to drink when I go out to eat.
  • Maintain 70% paleo.

Goal 2: Exercise 

• Start going to the gym 5 days a week after run class ends on Friday.
  • Make work out plan so I know what I am going to do at they gym.
  • Make gym time count!

Life Goals:

• Finish reading my book.

That's all I have for now, I will work on grading tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

Welcome back!

Have you considered going to the gym 3 days a week?

If you do it right its enough ;)

You can do a 5 day split, too. But time is always a matter, right?

Welcome back!

Have you considered going to the gym 3 days a week?

If you do it right its enough ;)

You can do a 5 day split, too. But time is always a matter, right?

I thought about going 3 days a week, but I have been going to run class 5 days a week for the last 5 weeks and I want to keep the momentum going. I just have to figure out a plan for what I am going to do every day. 

Plans are good, I like them! Welcome back!

What do you mean by making gym time count?

What s your main motivation?

I like your goals but don't understand entirely how you'll make them come true  :nevreness:

What do you mean by making gym time count?

I don't want to go the gym and walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, I want to have a plan, and push myself every day

What s your main motivation?

My motivation is to improve my over all health, I have made some progress in the last few weeks and I want to keep that and move forward.

I like your goals but don't understand entirely how you'll make them come true  :nevreness:

I think this time around it is just biting the bullet so to speak, I am coming off a 6 week running class that I went to every morning, now I need to put that motivation into going to the gym by myself in the morning.  Cutting out sugar is the biggest thing for me, this is something I have tried to do several times before, I just have to keep working on it till I succeed.

As for grading, I am not that great at it, so I have decided to give myself 0-4 points in each section every week, and then use that to make a letter grade at the end.

Week one standing: 

Goal 1: Diet. Total points 3 out of 12

• No sugar at home or work, except for a glass of chocolate milk after my work out. 0
  • Only order water to drink when I go out to eat. 0
  • Maintain 70% paleo. 3

Easter candy got me this week, I am gritting my teeth and preparing to fight it off next week

Goal 2: Exercise  Total points 12 out of 12

• Start going to the gym 5 days a week after run class ends on Friday. 4
  • Make work out plan so I know what I am going to do at they gym. 4
  • Make gym time count! 4

I was still in the run program this week, so this part was cake, (or another more health conscious treat) This coming week is where I will test myself on this part. 

I wish I had done better about the sugar this week, but I will do better next week. 

So this week was my transition week off of the running program and on to my own program, I did ok. I got 4 of 5 work outs in, but I also found out  several things

1) going to the gym in the morning without a class is hard

2) I need a better plan so I don't do lower body 3 days in a row,

3) if I want to swim I need to do it after work and not before

I am revamping my plan for next week but I feel good about it.

as far as the diet goes, sugar is still killing me but I am right on track with the others parts, 

and for my life goal I am half way through my book, still over 500 pages to go but I am making progress!

• Like 1