Rookie Takes The Lead

Rookie

Rookie was crazed and signed up for a 5k marathon.. she can't run 5k YET!

When you want to succeed as bad as you wanna breath, then you will be successful. }

Greetings! So for this challenge, it just made sense to for it to be in the Scouts area. My main focus up until July 26 is to train for my first 5k marathon :) Now I pretty much hate jogging and I am very out of shape (as in 50lbs overweight), so I have no idea what possessed me to sign up for the marathon... I guess sometimes we just have to prove to ourselves that we can do the things we thought we couldn't. I have been following the C25K program with my doggy Rook and so far so good. I am currently at Week 2 Day 2.

Main Quest:
Jog for 20 minutes without stopping.

The Road There... Three Sub-Quests:
Do C25K at least 2 times a week.
A: 2 jogs complete!
B: 1 jog complete!
F: None done sad panda.

Stay Hydrated. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day. (21 / week)
A: 3 glasses drank.
B: 2 glasses drank.
C: 1 glasses drank.
F: 0 waters for me :(

Journal food on MyFitnessPal. [stay between 1800-1900 cals]
A+: Journalled + calories met all week!  :)
A: Journalled all week! 
B: Journalled 5-7 days.
C: Journalled 2-4
F: Journalled 1 or less days.

Life Quest
Grow me some seedlings! 
For some reason I decided that gardening is something I would like to try. Right now I have 5 orange peppers, 5 red peppers and 5 cherry tomatoes planted and I am waiting for the seeds to sprout :) I want to raise them into delicious little edible buddies. Oh I also am growing an avocado tree and a lettuce :D
A: Worked on my garden
F: Let all the little seed buddies die :(

My Motivation: 

829457_t607.jpg
I would say that 5k marathon I committed to is pretty good motivation :tongue: I also got my friends in on it and I can't let them down. 

rookjump_zps79d22713.jpg

Rook will always be my number 1 motivation. With our jogs he has been a lot happier.

tumblr_mbfumzh9Ng1qhy6c9o1_500.gif

I feel that losing weight and gaining muscle will help me in my horseback riding. I am tired of being the chubby rider!

tumblr_m3f1io6BHq1qzrvd9.jpg
I want to look good in any ugly bridesmaid dress my future sister-in-law wants to throw at me   :) they are getting married Summer 2015. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

C25K is good -- I used it (more or less) for my first 5K last year, and I'm using it to build back up to that distance for a Warrior Dash this year. (I'm also on week 2!) I'm kind of embarrassed to say that the zombie trainer is my favorite.

Good luck to you!

If you want help staying accountable with MFP feel free to friend me, one of my goals is to track as well so I we could help keep each other accountable!

I sure will! Is your username the same as on here? I think mine is jeshicat.

C25K is good -- I used it (more or less) for my first 5K last year, and I'm using it to build back up to that distance for a Warrior Dash this year. (I'm also on week 2!) I'm kind of embarrassed to say that the zombie trainer is my favorite.

Good luck to you!

Yay week 2 buddies! Zombie trainer? I am unfamiliar with that haha. But C25K is good so far and I feel I have made some good progress so far. 

Thanks Swamp! :) I will need to check out your new thread as well.

Wooooooooo! Hooray new challenge. Boo leg pain but it will be worth it in the end. I'm gonna add you on MFP if I can figure out the damn thing. I'm so lazy about it lol.

What app are you using?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

:) yay, definitely add me! I hope I got my username right :P

The app I am using for C25K is called "C25K free" or something. The interface is grey and orange/yellow? and it has the pink breast cancer ribbons. Then I have my handy dandy MFP app. 

Couldn't figure it out on the app but found you on the website. Woooo.

That's the same app I use woo. Jerkface wouldn't open for me this morning though. Re: the zombie comment above, I think other c25k apps let you pick the voice/trainer that guides you.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

First 5K is an awesome goal! And dogs are awesome too. For a rookie you sure seem to have this figured out. :)

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Couldn't figure it out on the app but found you on the website. Woooo.

That's the same app I use woo. Jerkface wouldn't open for me this morning though. Re: the zombie comment above, I think other c25k apps let you pick the voice/trainer that guides you.

Yeah, mine is the app from ACTIVE. $1.99, I think.

Wooohoooo! Except for the snow. That's dumb.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So for today... I drank my 3 glasses of water and tracked again :) go me. 

Annnd some blurry pics of me horseback riding :D

image_zpsf192fd9e.jpg

image_zps142ee981.jpg

Annd this little gem is from when I almost fell off that one day but managed to stay on! And then the next day I had that pulled muscle in my side :P

image_zpscd3c53d0.jpg

I was not going to fall on a pole.. No thank you.

So these are blurry because they are screenshots from videos. I still feel self conscious being the biggest rider at my barn but I have to say that I notice I have lost a couple inches here and there.

Lost inches are super! :encouragement:

And yay for blurry pics! You and Jesse rock! \m/ \m/

Good call NOT falling on that pole! :blink: I think I'd have preferred a pulled muscle to that as well. ;)

Being a bigger (and taller) rider can actually make you a better rider, too, because you have to be careful how you use your body. My sister is probably about your height and weight, and she has a very calm and balanced seat. I would love to have her kind of seat and posture. :)

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Lost inches are super! :encouragement:

And yay for blurry pics! You and Jesse rock! \m/ \m/

Good call NOT falling on that pole! :blink: I think I'd have preferred a pulled muscle to that as well. ;)

Being a bigger (and taller) rider can actually make you a better rider, too, because you have to be careful how you use your body. My sister is probably about your height and weight, and she has a very calm and balanced seat. I would love to have her kind of seat and posture. :)

It is :) total boost in confidence. Jesse is a tank, I love him :) <3 He is the best grumpy old man haha. 

Well I have never had the best seat but its getting there! :) Having long legs definitely helps :D I need to work a bit more on my posture though.

Ouch. Pretty sure that pole would've hurt a lot more than the pulled muscle.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So today... 

I tracked teh foods, I drank teh 3 waters and I even did one of my C25K. Today I finished W2D2. My knee felt meh so I basically just tried to go lighter and slower. 

P.S. I just ate the most delicious apple ever!

• Like 1

Yesterday I took it pretty easy but I drank 3+ waters and I tracked my food. Though I was a bit crazy on the snacks. 

Today I tracked + drank the water again. :) yay. I am so tired. I planned on doing a bit more since it was Good Friday and I got the day off but a few friends and I wound up playing Minecraft for the majority of the day. I got some of my seedlings planted into bigger pot thingers though and I tidied my room a bit. 

• Like 2

You play minecraft and ride horses! I know an assassin who does both of those things too!

The day off will probably help the knee anyway, but good work so far - it sounds like you're having a good first week. I guess your legs are pretty strong if you're a rider aren't they? Once you get your endurance up you'll be a strong runner, I'm sure.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

You play minecraft and ride horses! I know an assassin who does both of those things too!

The day off will probably help the knee anyway, but good work so far - it sounds like you're having a good first week. I guess your legs are pretty strong if you're a rider aren't they? Once you get your endurance up you'll be a strong runner, I'm sure.

Yes! :P Though my little sister plays more minecraft then me. I hope the day off did help with the knee. I felt like my feet were too close together and knees were pointed weird if that makes sense while I was running. Like maybe toes out? My legs are fairly strong, I definitely need the stamina. Which has gotten a lot better since I started riding 3 times a week haha, last week I just felt exhausted for some reason.  

Have you googled proper running form? I think nomeatathlete.com has a post or two about it. (I'm not going to give advice bc I wind up kicking myself in the ankle when I run so... yeah.)

My point here being maybe something will help you feel less weird when running. I haven't had enough coffee yet, don't mind me.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I have googled it, but I was kind of in a hurry so I didnt get a lot read. I watched some videos though. 

Sooo I broke myself. I fell off Jesse while we were supposed to go to a jump and we were going prettttty fast. I landed on my hip / lower back region. Lets just say I am walking with a limp and it takes effort and cowgirling up to stand. T_T Im going to try and see the Chiro sometime this coming week. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines