Rookie Takes The Lead

Rookie

Sorry to hear the riding lesson was so unsatisfactory. No falls or injuries though, at least. The drawings are great, and the vegetable nursery too - all very creative!

So you are intending to exercise more - does that mean we can look forward to an epic last-day-of-week-6 update then?

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Sorry to hear the riding lesson was so unsatisfactory. No falls or injuries though, at least. The drawings are great, and the vegetable nursery too - all very creative!

So you are intending to exercise more - does that mean we can look forward to an epic last-day-of-week-6 update then?

I wish! I didn't do much jogging though I have been stretching (I notice my hips and legs are getting more stiff and need more stretching) and I rode Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I fell off again but it was soft this time and more of what I'm used to haha. Sunday I went for a long walk in one of the pastures it was nice, though I suck at walking on uneven swampy ground. I have noticed that my hip still feels tender if I press into it or if I jog I feel slight pressure/discomfort. That's not the reason I haven't done my c25k though, I just hadn't felt like it. I have been running around with Rook at the park playing or just in the backyard, though its very little compared to what I should have been doing. I just need to find my thunder again! I seem to lose motivation near the end of challenges. I only have 2 more months to train for my marathon though so I need to suck it up. 

Drinking 3 glasses of water a day

I have gotten better at this hydration thing. I think I have really only missed on average 1 day a week if that.

Food Journalling

Tracking I have been pretty ontop of, until the long weekend with no internet at least. I only missed 1 day this week. I need to get back on track with hitting my calorie goal and I would like to come up with a meal plan of sorts. I feel this might help me, plus it makes journalling easier.

C25K 2 days a week

I could of done way better at this one. I am a bit disappointed in myself actually. I realize there were those 2 weeks where I literally couldn't do it but theres no real reason I couldn't these past 2 weeks or so, aside from being busy or lazy... depended on the day. 

Life quest: Gardening

All my seeds have sprouted and are becoming their own little plants. I cultivated my garden and I think they are almost ready to plant in it :) Its been fun and I am a bit surprised because I tend to kill things... thooough we shall see if they survive the harsh outside world! 

I would say I passed, but I would like to see better choices, more motivation, perseverance and willpower come the next challenge.

• Like 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

What? You fell again?! I hope you didn't get hurt (much) this time!

(Anybody have any blueprints for that bubblewrap armour?)

How big is your garden, considering that all those seedlings will find a place there? :blink:

But: Congrats on completing this challenge, even if the running part was a bit cut short! :encouragement:

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

Looking forward to seeing you kill first the training for and then the marathon! :)

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

-.- Freaking horse... got me again. Seriously feeling VERY disheartened about this. Having a kind of low night of frustration... its starting to feel personal. 

Kailer; I couldn't agree more. 

Swampling; Nono didn't get hurt Saturday or today. I basically just waited until he stopped. 

My garden is a fair size I would say. I will need to take a picture. It used to be my grandpas house and he liked gardening. Its nothing compared to his garden now though. Thanks Swamp, it has meant a lot to have your support throughout the challenge.

A big thank you to all my supporters <3 you guys made me work harder.

• Like 1

Ow! Not hurt as badly as last time I hope...?

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

What's up with Jesse? :(

How old is he? I remember that my former favourite horse, a huge grey Trakehner, who used to be the gentlest and most careful soul especially with kids and beginners, suddenly started developing bad manners as he got on in years. By the time he was 20, he was bucking people off in no uncertain terms. It turned out he had developed serious back problems (not uncommon in big horses) and it was just his way of telling people that his career as a riding buddy was over, because it frankly hurt too much.

Hope it's nothing serious with you and Jesse!

And I'd love to see pics of your garden! :)

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

What's up with Jesse? :(

How old is he? I remember that my former favourite horse, a huge grey Trakehner, who used to be the gentlest and most careful soul especially with kids and beginners, suddenly started developing bad manners as he got on in years. By the time he was 20, he was bucking people off in no uncertain terms. It turned out he had developed serious back problems (not uncommon in big horses) and it was just his way of telling people that his career as a riding buddy was over, because it frankly hurt too much.

Hope it's nothing serious with you and Jesse!

And I'd love to see pics of your garden! :)

He is 17, I hope it's not pain. I have one theory aside from the pain one. He started refusing at shows... And of course you get two refusals then you are out and therefore horsy gets to stop working. Then he started doing it more during lessons. And when people fall off he gets a break.

I feel it would be more impressive once I get the seedlings planted haha but I could do a before and after. :)

Ow! Not hurt as badly as last time I hope...?

Nah didn't get hurt. Just bumped back the confidence.

You tell that horse from me to stop messing about!

• Like 1

Can you velcro yourself to Jesse? Yikes man. I know nothing about horses but I'm gonna guess that if you were doing fine and then all of a sudden started falling it's probably not you.

I feel you on the needing motivation and willpower lol. Even if this challenge didn't turn out 100% the way you wanted though you still did great. Finding out what doesn't work or where you're running into problems is just as good sometimes. :)

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Can you velcro yourself to Jesse? Yikes man. I know nothing about horses but I'm gonna guess that if you were doing fine and then all of a sudden started falling it's probably not you.

I feel you on the needing motivation and willpower lol. Even if this challenge didn't turn out 100% the way you wanted though you still did great. Finding out what doesn't work or where you're running into problems is just as good sometimes. :)

Thanks Flea :) And yah definitely the show season where he is learning if he runs out of a jump enough he doesn't have to work anymore. Hes too smart for his own good! 

I will need to figure something out next challenge. I really want to get more active and see more results.

• Like 1

Baha I want a pony :D

Speaking of which ... I had a lesson last night  :peaceful: and I totally stayed on :tongue:

Oh and I did a little weigh in because I missed it near the end of the challenge. Today I came in around 247.2lbs but keep in mind... I was riding outside for an hour and by time I got home I was drenched T_T 

• Like 3

LOL woops I fixed it :tongue: "Annnnnnnd I lost 202lbs take that you guys" eesh lol. So glad you caught that 

:D

(And I thought you were at "47.2 left to lose", didn't even think there was anything wrong. Although I love the idea of 47.2 lbs of chocolate! )

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Rookieeeeeee! Did you start a new challenge?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines