nordentipwel - The Journey Continues

Allright folks!

Challenge #3 start tomorrow and that'll be awesome ^_^.

I was reading other challenge around here to find what I could do for this one.

My main quest hasn't changed, I still want to be around 10-12% bodyfat someday. There's a long way to go but I've done a long way in the last 3 months too!

So, same quest this challenge, lose at least 1% body fat. The difference though, I want to be more consistent. The first 2 months were really good and awesome. But since it's now an habit, it's less interesting and such... I'll need to focus on the good things!

GOALS

- Workout everyday (+4 STR and +4 STA)

(Miss 1 day = B, 2 days = C, 3 days = D, 4 days = F like FAIL)

- Refocus on Paleo and have only ONE cheat meal per week (+4 WIS)

(Have 1 extra cheat meal = B, 2 = C, 3 = D, 4 = FAIL)

Not really related to fitness:

- Don't play video games 2 days in a row (+3 WIS) (THIS ONE WILL BE HARD)

(Play 2 days in a row one = B, twice = C, etc)

SIDE QUESTS

- Move to my new home

- Go outside more

- Be a better lead at work

I'm a Lead Level Design (for Ubisoft), that's my day to day job. I'm pretty "new" at it and it's not easy! I really want to be the best lead ever and make my people grow!

Also, summer is coming, I'm SO looking forward to it. I'll be able to use my bike again and do 1h of footbag per fay soon, that'll be so great ^_^

Ha, peaceful days incoming.

• Like 1

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

STR 11 | DEX 0 | STA 10 | CON 0 | WIS 3 | CHA 0 

Challenges: #3 #2 #1 My Fitbit: Fitbit

My Group: RPG Fanatics

"Life is a Tango, if you slip away, just continue dancing"

OMGOSH!  what is wrong with playing video games 2 days in a row?  You need to reward and relax some how!  I have my anime as a weekly to do task.  I figure as long as I complete RL stuff as well, it is a good mix!

Glad to see you back again!  Are you joining the RPG group again?

• Like 1

Yea, it's hard when you work full time to get in some workouts and variety, but I think reading helps.  I make it a task to read fiction 30 minutes per day. 

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

Yeah ! 
And another point about gaming. My job is to create video games. So I'm in front of a computer 8 hours a day at least. I don't think it'll be bad for me to not stay in front of another computer on the evening, every everning ^_^.

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

Here to cheer you on mate. 

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Since you work with making video games, does your desire/love of them decrease any? 

When I was a video game tester, at the beginning of my carreer, yes, I was like, almost not playing any game anymore.

But now, I still game a lot, my job is way different. The sad thing though is that I can't really enjoy a game like I was enjoying them before.

Like people who are creating movies for example. They can't really watch a movie like they were.

But that's still my biggest passion and it's also my job ^_^

• Like 2

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

OMGOSH!  what is wrong with playing video games 2 days in a row?  You need to reward and relax some how!  I have my anime as a weekly to do task.  I figure as long as I complete RL stuff as well, it is a good mix!

Glad to see you back again!  Are you joining the RPG group again?

Haven't played a good game in like 3 weeks- I'm going nuts.  Matter of control I guess.  I have the urge to kill SOMETHING.  I think I'm going to make a werebear druid on d2 so I can finally put my zod rune to good use.

Are you not able to enjoy the games as much anymore because you know all the mechanics and critique it? Like, "Oh man, if they just put a trigger here then it would have been so much better and why I can't just automatically prioritize my items list and....." ?

By the way, you mentioned that the RPG thread was getting huge. Don't worry about it- I totally understand that everyone has a different amount of time to be on here, and the first week everyone is always jumping up and down and ready to go- posting like mad.  Just read the red story to know the bare-bones and the mini-challenge and hop on and encourage when you get the chance, my friend.

• Like 2

Are you not able to enjoy the games as much anymore because you know all the mechanics and critique it? Like, "Oh man, if they just put a trigger here then it would have been so much better and why I can't just automatically prioritize my items list and....." ?

Yes, this, exactly. Not saying that I'm better than everyone, far from it.

But sometimes I ask myself "Why the fuck did they do this that way?" or "Oh wow, this is a really bad level design for this reason", etc.

• Like 1

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

Yeap.  I play much less frequently than I used to play when it was just for fun.    In part because I spend so much time in front of a computer, it's the last thing I want to do at the end of the day.

How are the workouts coming this week?

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

That was "hard".

I'm on the end of a really absurd huge cold. I was SO weak the last days, just thinking about working out almost made me passed out. I was still running though... between 15-30 minutes. That was better than nothing.

But I've done a workout tonight at last !

12-16-20 push-ups
12-16-20 crunches
:24-:32-:40 side planks
6-8-10 chin-up

It felt great :)

• Like 1

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

Allright, so that was strenght training evening.

3 sets of

15x15lbs DB on each arm (bicep stuff)

:60 plank

6 pull-up

8x15lbs DB on each arm (side tricep/shoulder stuff)

I can see that my body has already forgotten how to workout from his 2 weeks of sickness.
Time to do a little push to reminds him who's boss.

• Like 1

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

Looks like you have sprung back into action after the lurgy mate. Good job.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Hahaha, exactly. We are in control! We need to ^_^.
So weather was GOOD today here up north. So it was snow shoveling on the terrasse to be able to sit and take a sun bath! And I went shopping with my GF. I walked during 2 hours.

That was, some sort of, physical activities. If I can say so.

• Like 1

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

I think shopping should count as like double the workout!  dealing with all those people and stuff =)

So true ! But it was sunny outside so there were not a ton of people.

I wanted to buy new shirts but god, 30 bucks for a t-shirts... I hate paying that price for simple shirts and they were all ugly as f**k. So I went back with nothing, sadly.

Anyway, I wanted to do something quicker and different for my workout yesterday evening.

That was not quicker though, haha.

10 reps of:

10 push-ups

:20 plank

10 squats

Push-ups were not easy... :)

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

Important Information