BlamedCat's Return - Lets have a dark match!

BlamedCat

arnanderson012.jpg

What better way to start a pro wrestling themed thread than to start with a picture of Arn Anderson. :)

Arn was never really about flashy theatrics or goofing around.  He was about getting his point across and getting the job done.

What is a dark match?

A dark match is commonly referenced as the untelevised wrestling match before a wrestling show goes live.  It's a full match, used to warm everyone up and get the crowed pumped for the show.

Why are you  having a dark match, BC?

In this case, I am doing this for myself and for a fellow NFer that needs to get their head back in the game.  We both fell off the wagon pretty hard and we both realize that we need to get back on the ball, both with diet and with exercise.

The added element here is that my fellow NFer shared with me that they were getting overwhelmed with doing challenges and trying to keep up with everyone else at the same time.  They felt pressured to be there for everyone, often times allowing their own goals to slip due to the stress they placed on themselves.  So, it was in talking with them that I came up with the idea to suggest they do a Dark Match.  Basically, they are going to jump in with both feet on this challenge, but they're going to do it privately with a few select supporters.  They wanna be here, but their head isn't in the game enough to resist the temptation to "do all the things" as it were.  So I'm working along with them while they do their private blog under the same means we do our threads here.  This is gonna gear both of us back up for full-time challenges.

83850_o.gif

"Adversity introduces a man to himself" - Arn Anderson

I've been wrestling with a lot of things in the past two months and like the quote above states, I had to meet myself (again).  I realized I was letting stress get the best of me.  It twisted my thoughts to ones of failure and 'just enough'.  Eeking by rather than having faith and overcoming the obstacles before me. We all have ups and downs, that's part of life.  Things don't always go according to plan.  We can easily be sucked down-stream by a negative current in life if we're not careful.  However, what builds & shows character is choosing to get back up when you've been knocked down.  To keep making the effort no matter what.

Main Goal

Be a Champion: Do a pullup and more...  My shoulder is finally healed, no more excuses. :)

Quests

My quests are going to be increasing slowly in difficulty/frequency to ramp me up to something I can sustain more naturally by week 6.

1. Eat like a Champion - Champions don't eat crap, they eat what they eat to fuel their body.  Time to throw the junk out again!!  I'm going to limit and cut out sweets again, start working back towards a paleo eating pattern once again.  I'm also going to incorporate green tea where I'm not drinking water.  For real tracking purposes I'll be monitoring my calories again.  Also, unless it's a particularly heavy workout, I won't be factoring in the calories burned.  I realize this is what retarded my weight loss, etc last time I did this. I fell into the mindset of burning calories so I could eat more.  I will weight myself each week and adjust my calorie limit accordingly.  I know weight and calories isn't the ultimate tracking method, but it's a start.

Week 1: 2 days under my calorie limit

Week 2: 3 days under my calorie limit

Week 3: 4 days under my calorie limit

Week 4: 5 days under my calorie limit

Week 5: 6 days under my calorie limit

Week 6: 6 days under my calorie limit (will be shooting for 7, but 6 is realistic)

2. Train like a Champion - Champions are in peak condition.  I'm not.  Time to get off the couch and back on track.  I don't have a membership to the rec center so I can't lift heavy weights right now.  However, I have proven to myself I can do the following: walk/run, yoga, kettlebells, and/or body weight exercises.  A Zombie Run can count as a workout in the following progression.  Walks are a minimum of 15 min with no interruptions to get moving again.

Week 1: 2 workouts + 1 walk

Week 2: 2 workouts + 2 walks

Week 3: 2 workouts + 3 walks

Week 4: 3 workouts + 1 walk

Week 5: 3 workouts + 2 walks

Week 6: 3 workouts + 3 walks

3. Rest like a Champion - Champions also need to get their rest.  You can't go partying or staying up late and expect to function worth a darn the next day.  Your body can't function well like this after an extended basis.  I'm absolutely terrible about this goal.  I need to make it a habit of getting more sleep (I'm even writing this thread at midnight if that says anything and I have to be up to leave for work at 5:30am)

Week 1: 6+ hours of sleep 2 days a week

Week 2: 6+ hours of sleep 3 days a week

Week 3: 6+ hours of sleep 4 days a week

Week 4: 6+ hours of sleep 5 days a week

Week 5: 6.5+ hours of sleep 5 days a week

Week 6: 7+ hours of sleep 5 days a week

4. Think like a Champion - Champions aren't better than everyone else because they are usually smarter, stronger, or wiser.  Usually Champions are better because of their determination (though the prior certainly give them an edge).  This isn't something I can really track (if you have suggestions, please share), but as I mentioned above, I've had to struggle with myself.  A friend pointed out that I had a lot of negative thinking.  Now, I'm usually Mr. Optimist, but lately I've been selling myself short mentally.  I kept thinking "well of course if I leave my job, I'll get a pay cut" or "I'm not smart enough to do x,y,z" or "I'm falling behind, of course I'm not gonna get back on track look at how far I'd have to go again?"  Negative thoughts like that.  To be a Champion, you have to have a mind of a Champion.  In short, you have to believe in yourself and take steps to take your thoughts captive and turn those around.

I've committed to reading a book The Magic of Thinking Big.  It's kinda got a silly title, but the premise is worth considering.  Within the first two chapters, it's already has had some good points.  It's already pointed out many excuses I've overcome in the past and ones I've used recently that hinder opportunities. Other than that, I'll be trying to be mindful of how I'm looking at things and thinking about them.

• Like 4

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

WOOT! Way to get back to it BC!!

Hey LostOne!  You ddin't forget about me :)  Thanks!

Hey BlamedCat, good to see you back!  Your layout looks solid -- can't wait to see you smash this challenge!

Thanks for the encouragement, Hiraedd!

Actually, for anyone reading this, if you see where I can tweak my goals, please please please let me know.  I'm going with what I know, but I'm always up for improvement ;)

Also, I'm going to add a fourth quest that hit me this morning that I can't shake... update coming soon.

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Welcome back - and you can totally do this -- if you let yourself. :) 

• Like 1

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

We all have ups and downs, that's part of life.  Things don't always go according to plan.  We can easily be sucked down-stream by a negative current in life if we're not careful.  However, what builds & shows character is choosing to get back up when you've been knocked down.  To keep making the effort no matter what.

Not only is this intensely true, hearing it from you gives me the utmost confidence that you have it in you to succeed. The ascent is never a perfectly straight line upwards, there are plateaus and dips, but that is not a reason to stop climbing. Challenge looks awesome, and I'm so glad to see you here. Let's do this!

• Like 3

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Welcome back - and you can totally do this -- if you let yourself. :)

It's going to happen :D *hi5*

Not only is this intensely true, hearing it from you gives me the utmost confidence that you have it in you to succeed. The ascent is never a perfectly straight line upwards, there and plateaus and dips, but that is not a reason to stop climbing. Challenge looks awesome, and I'm so glad to see you here. Let's do this!

Thanks, Fonzico :)  *hi5*  You know I've been brutally honest with you both and in turn you've both kept me in check and helped me out like NF sisters should ;)  I'm excited about this challenge!

Joy! You gonna do another challenge?

LOL >_> :)

<---not the droid your looking for..

Darling, I love you.  *waves his hand* you should do a challenge ;)

Awesome post! I've always loved The Enforcer. Something about a guy who looks like someone's Dad just spine busting the hell outta everyone that gets you pumped.

Exactly! :) 

*i should do a challenge* but i'm not. not this time.

Aaaaw why not? If you know you should then shouldn't you do it?

Good to see you back.  Let's kill this challenge! :D

Hey Tateman!!!  Wow, nice profile pic!  Yessir, lets do it! :D

I LAUGH AND SCOFF AT YOUR WIMPY NEWSPAPER!! MUAHAHAHA!!

*blinks and looks at his newspaper and puts it down* Hmm.. need something tougher... *starts looking under the wrestling ring* Ah, a tire iron...

• Like 3

Not only is this intensely true, hearing it from you gives me the utmost confidence that you have it in you to succeed. The ascent is never a perfectly straight line upwards, there are plateaus and dips, but that is not a reason to stop climbing. Challenge looks awesome, and I'm so glad to see you here. Let's do this!

This totally! 

Good luck x

• Like 1

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

This totally! 

Good luck x

Thanks, Xanjra!

Yeah, to look at that climbing analogy, I've hit a dip... I weighed myself this morning and I'm sure some of this is due to the heavy meal I had last night, but my weight is 246..... 

I'll set my claroies for 240 and proceed from there as a baseline and I'll weigh myself on Saturday morning to see how things are progressing.

I would suggest only weighing yourself once a week, and making sure it is at the same time and day (preferably first thing in the morning).  It should help remove some of the annoying ups and downs.

*hugs*

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

I would suggest only weighing yourself once a week, and making sure it is at the same time and day (preferably first thing in the morning).  It should help remove some of the annoying ups and downs.

*hugs*

M x

That's what I normally do.  It was this morning, but I always get bloated when mexican food is involved (even though it's SO good), but Saturdays are a good day cause I can also take time to measure things as well. (instead of rushing to work).

Thanks for the support *hugs*

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines