Fangirly has entered the Challenge

Fangirly

This is my second challenge. The first one was quite successful with having lost 21 pounds and about 2" overall.

post-26522-0-68478900-1397465243_thumb.j

MY MAIN QUEST

Over the next 6 weeks, I would like to healthly drop one size which is roughly about 15-18 pounds for me.

In order to accomplish this, I plan to:
  • Stick to my diet (I am doing 4 Hour Body diet)
  • Go to the gym 4x a week (stretch/cardio every day and add swimming in 1-2 times a week)
  • Sleep a minimum of 7 hours a night
MY SIDE LIFE QUESTS
  • Read 10 books via audiobook, ebook and regular book. 2 of them need to be off the BBC's Big Read List and 1 needs to be an eBook because I have been neglecting my Kindle Fire
  • Memorize Falstaff's speech from Henry IV (If fat and sugar be a fault) - Teaching Your Kids Shakespeare book recommends learning Shakespeare speeches. I have just finished memorizing "Once more into the breach"

MY MOTIVATION

What I want to do is get into shape to start fencing, but in order to do that, I need to lose roughly 65-85 pounds. This would put me at what I was in high school when I used to fence. I love the sound of swords clashing ever since I was a kid. The last time I lost weight was the freak out I had before turning 30. I lost 60 pounds, but over the last 7.5 years, I have since put it all back on. I didn't have a long term goal. It was all about my birthday. There was nothing beyond that. I think this time having a hard goal will be better and then once I am fencing, then setting the new goals of getting better at fencing will keep me motivated. It also isn't just about losing weight, but getting into shape enough to survive those classes which will be brutal in the best way.

• Like 1

Race: Human | Class: Adventurer
[Level: 2STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 3 ]

"Without a plan, there is no attack. Without an attack, there is no victory." - One Crazy Summer

Hi Fangirly, I am also slowly making my way through the BBC Big Read list too (as well as a couple more) - how many have you done so far? Welcome to the Adventurers and good luck with your  challenge. 

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Thank you all!

For the BBC Big Reads list, I started at 17 about a year and a half ago and now I am at 59. I have a lot of the really big books left. I recently finished Count of Monte Cristo, which I completely fell in love with. I have Possession coming from the library next week.

• Like 1

"Without a plan, there is no attack. Without an attack, there is no victory." - One Crazy Summer

Thank you all!

For the BBC Big Reads list, I started at 17 about a year and a half ago and now I am at 59. I have a lot of the really big books left. I recently finished Count of Monte Cristo, which I completely fell in love with. I have Possession coming from the library next week.

Good work. I can't remember how many I started on but I have 42 now. I am also doing to Guardian's 1000 which is a bit more to take on but a lot feature on both. I have found some gems I never would have considered before, I love book lists!

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/jan/23/bestbooks-fiction

18 pounds is 3 lb a week. Healthy weight loss is roughly 1-2 lbs a week. I'm not saying that it's impossible- but keep in mind that it's a very difficult goal so don't beat yourself up if you don't get there. Any fat loss is good loss.

So is your plan to work out 6x a week? Because again, that seems like a lot. If you are always tired after roughly 2 weeks even though you're getting good sleep, you might need to dial it down a bit. If you still have lots of energy though; keep going for it. 

I've always been interested in fencing. I watched a little bit during the last olympics.  You'll get there by building consistency. Good luck and have fun :)

Congrats on your success so far!! I think your weight loss goal is doable with what you want to lose... It almost always comes off quicker in the first few weeks (I can lose a pound a day when I'm eating really well) and then could slow down to 1-2 pounds per week. I'm subbing to your thread just for the fact that you seem interesting :)

Sent from somewhere in time and space using Tapatalk

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

18 pounds is 3 lb a week. Healthy weight loss is roughly 1-2 lbs a week. I'm not saying that it's impossible- but keep in mind that it's a very difficult goal so don't beat yourself up if you don't get there. Any fat loss is good loss.

So is your plan to work out 6x a week? Because again, that seems like a lot. If you are always tired after roughly 2 weeks even though you're getting good sleep, you might need to dial it down a bit. If you still have lots of energy though; keep going for it. 

I've always been interested in fencing. I watched a little bit during the last olympics.  You'll get there by building consistency. Good luck and have fun :)

So far I have lost 21 pounds in 7 weeks so I figured that seemed doable.

May bad, 4x a week and of those 4 times have 1 or 2 of will be swimming.

Although, not starting off great. Horrible head cold that won't seem to go away so I haven't made it to the gym yet.  :(

Good work. I can't remember how many I started on but I have 42 now. I am also doing to Guardian's 1000 which is a bit more to take on but a lot feature on both. I have found some gems I never would have considered before, I love book lists!

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/jan/23/bestbooks-fiction

I've been eyeing that list to do after I've finished the BBC Big Reads ones. It has some great stuff on it.

• Like 1

I've been eyeing that list to do after I've finished the BBC Big Reads ones. It has some great stuff on it.

I was a little put off my all the Martin Amis at the beginning. I bloody hate Martin Amis! But hey, a list is a list ;) Sorry to hear of your head cold, just concentrate on getting better for now, the gym can wait. 

• Like 1

I was a little put off my all the Martin Amis at the beginning. I bloody hate Martin Amis! But hey, a list is a list ;) Sorry to hear of your head cold, just concentrate on getting better for now, the gym can wait. 

I hated a couple of the books from the BBC list so far and just was miserable. My friends kept saying then stop. I said, it is a quest and all quest have pitfalls or everyone would be doing them.

• Like 3

Lost 2 pounds this week so far despite not making it to the gym because of being sick still. That is 23 pounds in 7.5 weeks!

• Like 4

I hated a couple of the books from the BBC list so far and just was miserable. My friends kept saying then stop. I said, it is a quest and all quest have pitfalls or everyone would be doing them.

Which ones did you hate? I won't give up on a book either. It's frustrating at times but I would definitely have given up on Crow Road by Iain Banks and I am so glad I didn't, the end of the book is brilliant. Well done on that weight loss, that's a real achievement! 

Posted Image

:)

Sent from somewhere in time and space using Tapatalk... Ignore typos... My phone hates me.

• Like 2

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

Which ones did you hate? I won't give up on a book either. It's frustrating at times but I would definitely have given up on Crow Road by Iain Banks and I am so glad I didn't, the end of the book is brilliant. Well done on that weight loss, that's a real achievement! 

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - I liked her sister's book Jane Eyre better and am a HUGE Jane Austen fan, but I was just miserable throughout the whole book

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley - I get its relevance, but I just couldn't get into it. I just wanted to read 1984 again instead

On The Road by Jack Kerouac - It started off good, but it went nowhere. I can see being a teenager liking this book, but not reading it as an adult for the first time

On flip side, I have recently fallen madly in love with The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. 

On The Road by Jack Kerouac - It started off good, but it went nowhere. I can see being a teenager liking this book, but not reading it as an adult for the first time

I felt like this with Catcher in the Rye. I can see how Caulfield might be a revelation to a teenager but when you read it as an adult he is just a whiny little bitch. 

Monday (Day 1):

• Good on the diet (according to my UP app), calories consumed: 1020
  • No gym, fighting off cold/flu (according to my UP app) moved a total of 9,483 steps
  • Slept 5 hours and 38 minutes (according to my UP app). I took a 4 hour nap the night before and had to be up early for a doc appt.

Tuesday (Day 2):

• Good on diet, calories consumed: 1368
  • No gym, fighting off cold/flu and moved a total of 8,716 steps
  • Slept 8 hours and 15 minutes

Wednesday (Day 3):

• Good on the diet, calories consumed:940
  • No gym, fighting off cold/flu, but moved a total of 6,563 steps
  • Slept 8 hours and 37 minutes

Thursday (Day 4):

• Good on the diet, but super hungry, calories consumed: 940
  • No gym, fighting off cold/flu, but moved a total of 4,847 steps
  • Slept 7 hours and 29 minutes

Friday (Day 5):

• Good on the diet, calories consumed: 955
  • No gym, fighting off cold/flu, but moved a total of 9,363 steps
  • Slept 6 hours and 55 minutes. Stupid telemarketers calling and couldn't back to sleep

Saturday (Day 6):

• I didn't track calories. My cheat day. I had a Katsu Burger (Japanese burger that they tempura the burger patty) and fries and a salad for dinner.
  • No gym, but lots of errands and running around in the rain, moved a total of 6,659 steps
  • Slept 6 hours and 35 minutes. Just couldn't sleep and not tired enough for a nap

Sunday (Day 7):

• I didn't track calories. Make good choices.
  • No gym, but more errands and running around, moved a total of 7,356 steps
  • Slept 9 hours and 3 minutes 

MY SIDE QUEST (2/10 done) (0/2 BBC) (0/1 eBook)

• Read Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell via audiobook (just okay)
  • Read The Weight of Blood by Laura McHugh via audiobook (good, not great)
  • Started Insurgent by Veronic Roth
  • Read 30% of One For the Money by Janet Evanovich via Kindle
  • On deck for next week, Possession by AS Byatt which is on the BBC List

End of the week recap:

• The cold/flu I picked up after Emerald City Comicon is taking its sweet time to leave my system
  • I didn't make it to the gym :grumpy:
  • Met sleep goal on 4/7 days :nonchalance:
  • I have lost 2 more pounds this week bringing my grand total to 23 pounds lost. :encouragement:
  • Reading is coming along. Next book is twice as long, so may take a bit :D 
  • I gave platelets on Saturday and found my resting heart rate has dropped 5 beats since I started working out which is a good sign :positive:
  • Like 2

I felt like this with Catcher in the Rye. I can see how Caulfield might be a revelation to a teenager but when you read it as an adult he is just a whiny little bitch. 

Agreed

Weird, I loved Wuthering Heights but was bored by Jane Eyre!

M x 

Have you watched Thug Notes on Youtube? His critique of Jane Eyre made me like it a bit more.

I studied Jane Eyre for my A Levels, I think it was all the critiquing that spoiled it for me!

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines