Fangirly has entered the Challenge

Fangirly

It sounds like you had a great first week, congrats! Don't worry too much about missing the gym, you were absolutely right to concentrate on getting over your cold and if it is respiratory too exercise can do more harm than good. Well done on the 2 lbs loss and also the improvement to your resting heart rate, that's a great sign of improvement to general fitness. 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I felt like this with Catcher in the Rye. I can see how Caulfield might be a revelation to a teenager but when you read it as an adult he is just a whiny little bitch. 

I didn't understand what my mom was telling me when she told me about that book. When I was a teen I read it and I didn't really like Caulfield.  Looking back, I still don't.

Bummer about the sickness. I just recently heard about 'Con Crud'.  Hope you get better soon.

Turned out the flu symptoms that didn't want to go away were the pre-cursor to a kidney stone. That was an unpleasant surprise earlier this week. Feeling much better now. Still sore, but no more sharp stabby pain. Hopefully, this means I can get back to my normal self. While still no gym, I have been really good on the diet and have dropped 27 pounds now over the last 8.5 weeks. 7 of that in the last 10 days and all by eating healthy.

• Like 3

Race: Human | Class: Adventurer
[Level: 2STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 3 ]

"Without a plan, there is no attack. Without an attack, there is no victory." - One Crazy Summer

Good work and I'm sorry about the kidney stones, that really sucks. I hope you feel better soon Fangirly. 7 lbs in 10 days sounds like A LOT of weight to lose!

MY QUEST (7/18 pounds)

Monday (Day 8):

• Okay on the diet, but didn't eat much
  • No gym, came home sick (according to my UP app) moved a total of 9,172 steps
  • Slept 6 hours and 57 minutes (according to my UP app). Had a doctor's appointment and needed to be up early.

Tuesday (Day 9):

• Okay on diet, stayed home sick and only ate one meal and drank a gatorade
  • No gym, home in pain (kidney stone) and moved a total of 1,248 steps
  • Slept 12 hours and 30 minutes

Wednesday (Day 10):

• Good on the diet (according to my UP app), calories consumed: 896
  • No gym, still in pain but moved a total of 7,120 steps
  • Slept 7 hours and 51 minutes

Thursday (Day 11):

• Good on the diet,  calories consumed: 893
  • No gym, pain slowly decreasing, more sore, but moved a total of 5,972 steps
  • Slept 7 hours and 35 minutes

Friday (Day 12):

• Good on the diet, calories consumed: 745
  • No gym, feeling better-ish, but moved a total of 11,987 steps
  • Slept 5 hours and 4 minutes. Had an insane bout of creativity and was up until 4a working on a photo - Paid off though, and was reblogged by PBS' The Art Assignment

Saturday (Day 13):

• I didn't track calories, but made good choices and ate a ton of sushi which is all low cal and good for you
  • No gym, but photographed a Battlestar Galactica Q&A and then went shopping, moved a total of 9,751 steps
  • Slept 8 hours and 21 minutes

Sunday (Day 14):

• I didn't track calories because cheat day
  • No gym, but photographed Christopher Moore book signing and then went shopping at Costco, moved a total of 7,588 steps
  • Slept 10 hours and 23 minutes 

MY SIDE QUEST (3/10 done) (0/2 BBC) (0/1 eBook)

• Finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth (liked it)
  • Read more of One For the Money by Janet Evanovich via Kindle at 64% (I am not enjoying this book at all)
  • I treid Possession by AS Byatt which is on the BBC List, but it was something you need to be in the mood for so I took it back to the library.
  • I'm halfway through Allegiant by Veronica Roth (it is making me like the whole series more so far.)
  • "If sack and sugar be a fault, god help the wicked. If to be old and merry be a sin, then many an old host I know is damned. If to be fat, to be hated then the Pharoh's lean kine are to be loved." I have Falstaff's speech about a quarter memorized so far.

End of the week recap:

• The cold/flu that I thought I picked up after Emerald City Comicon was actually a precursor to a kidney stone. Since I have gotten past that, I am feeling better in almost every way
  • I didn't make it to the gym
  • Met sleep goal on 5/7 days, but still  got plenty of sleep
  • I have lost 4 more pounds this week bringing my grand total to 27 pounds lost.
  • While my calories seem low, I am eating a lot. It is just low calories and spread out. I am getting enough of everything and am not hungry nor having cravings.
  • Like 1

"Without a plan, there is no attack. Without an attack, there is no victory." - One Crazy Summer

In case you needed proof of where I was in lieu of the gym this past weekend.  :)

tumblr_n4q3qwJlAp1qjm1pro1_500.jpg

tumblr_n4q3o3sNvK1qjm1pro3_1280.jpg

This is the one that Katee Sackhoff retweeted.  :)

• Like 1

I've seen Middlemarch so I'm not overly enthused to read it, but it is on the list.

As someone who just recently fell madly in love with The Count of Monte Cristo, may I say, I love your screen name!  :encouragement: 

Funny enough, I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday. I'm sore, but not in pain. The kidney stone pain went away for a few days before this. I just have a headache and want to sleep a lot. I didn't know that I'm not supposed to work out for a week after having them out so yet another week will go by without working out. However, I am sticking to my diet so I'm still losing and staying on track. I lost another pound so I'm down 28 pounds in 9.5 weeks or as I like to think of it: I'm halfway to my halfway pount. ;) Now back to the couch to ice my face and maybe another nap.

• Like 1

Great progress on the weight loss! I hope you feel fine again soon Fangirly.

• Like 1

MY QUEST (8/18 pounds)

Monday (Day 15):

• Good on the diet (according to my UP app), calories consumed:1127
  • No gym, came home too late from work (according to my UP app) moved a total of 8,095 steps
  • Slept 7 hours and 12 minutes (according to my UP app).

Tuesday (Day 16):

• Good on the diet (according to my UP app), calories consumed: 820
  • No gym, worked late again and moved a total of 14,684 steps
  • Slept 6 hours and 48 minutes

Wednesday (Day 17):

• Good on the diet (according to my UP app), calories consumed: 990
  • No gym, stuck at work but moved a total of 11,142 steps
  • Slept 7 hours and 3 minutes

Thursday (Day 18):

• Good on the diet,  calories consumed: 893
  • No gym, worked late again, but moved a total of 5,972 steps
  • Slept 7 hours and 35 minutes

Friday (Day 19):

• Soft foods only due to surgery (wisdom teeth removed)
  • No gym and moved only 2,465 steps
  • Slept 13 hours and 47 minutes

Saturday (Day 20):

• I didn't track calories and kept to soft foods
  • No gym and only moved a total of  steps 1,363
  • Slept 8 hours and 55 minutes

Sunday (Day 21):

• I didn't track calories because still on soft food diet
  • No gym and kept things low key and moved a total of 1,628 steps
  • Slept 10 hours and 19 minutes 

MY SIDE QUEST (5/10 done) (0/2 BBC) (1/1 eBook)

• Finished Allegiant by Veronica Roth (liked it a lot)
  • Finished One For the Money by Janet Evanovich via Kindle (Did not enjoy this book at all)
  • I started "Careless People: Murder, Mayhem, and the Invention of the Great Gatsby" by Sarah Churchwell which I am loving so far
  • "If sack and sugar be a fault, god help the wicked. If to be old and merry be a sin, then many an old host I know is damned. If to be fat, to be hated then the Pharoh's lean kine are to be loved." I have Falstaff's speech about a quarter memorized so far.

End of the week recap:

• I had a wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it removed on Friday and it knocked me on my butt
  • I didn't make it to the gym due to work schedule
  • Met sleep goal on 6/7 days, but still got plenty of sleep
  • I have lost 1 more pound this week bringing my grand total to 28 pounds lost.
  • Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines