• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kweber05

KWeber's Fat Burning - Back to the Drawing Board

So this is my third challenge: #1 was awesome, #2 I fell on my face, so to speak. This one I have stream lined me goals so I can get back on track! 

Main Quest

Ã˜ As with my first two challenges I would like to lose 10 pounds in the next six weeks and 50 over the next year (down to 39.8 to loose). Challenge starting weight is 194.6 lbs. Original starting weight 204.8 lbs., last challenge start weight 195.2 (down 0.6)

SnowWhiteclaphandshappygif.gif

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, consisting of one ingredient foods. Adding to this I will eat my dinners on the slow-carb diet with one reasonable cheat day a week. I will also keep my alcohol intake to twice a week. I'm envisioning wine once during the week, and beer or cider one day on the weekend. I have a lot of summer concerts coming up and I do not want to set myself up for failer with this goal.

Ã˜ Exercise at least three times a week. I have three options for this; CT-50 workouts, body wright pilates workouts, and Zombies Run. Since my workouts totally fell apart last challenge I wanted to make this simple. I will use a of variation and only restrict myself to three times a week. If I do more great, if not I do not fail this goal. 

tumblr_inline_mgdw98rO2F1r5xha8.gif

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Complete my photo blog for the next six weeks without missing a day. Hope to complete the entire year in 2014. Keeping this goal for this challenge.

Ã˜ Also adding creative art with seashells. I have two glass containers that need to get completed and two bags of shells. By the end of this six weeks I would like to have both done do I have spring center pieces for my table.

tumblr_m66mcg8KYU1rza51ao1_500.gif

Motivation

Ã˜ To get in shape and feel better about my body. I farm part-time and need to be able to lift 50 pound bags of feed.  I want to be healthy and happy with myself while getting stronger. Since I have completed my first 5k, I have been checking out others in the area. I have found three in the next month or two. So excited to be back...LETS DO THIS! 

tumblr_lp09leT8wQ1r0t1dvo1_500.gif

Hehehe yes, awesome gifs all round.

I love it though! Especially the super casual mention of your first 5k #nbd

I think you've done a good job setting yourself up for success here, good luck!

Oh, Portlandia.  Oh SImpsons.  Oh Hangover.

Love.

What's your photoblog URL?  I love them and will read it and make you write in it!! I have a website, but uh, my last challenge life quest was to blog 2x per week and uh, as you can see it's not been updated in a month... OOPS.  

I didn't want to add too many life/side goals at once for fear of failure, but one of mine is to get out in the good weather and use my GOOD CAMERA (instead of my iPhone) to take some nice pictures.  I'm also signing up for a 5k in June... actually it's 2 days before the end of this challenge.  I'm scared!

Following your thread!

What's your photoblog URL?  I love them and will read it and make you write in it!! I have a website, but uh, my last challenge life quest was to blog 2x per week and uh, as you can see it's not been updated in a month... OOPS.  

Welcome....hopefully this challenge will be better than the last! Here is the URL to my photo blog....thanks for the follow! http://krisweber05.wordpress.com/

Week 1 Day 1 Recap: Started my day with 16 ounces of black tea (PG Tips) with Truvia and light cream. My meals were as follows: 

Breakfast - Two eggs over easy in light olive oil with corn beef

Lunch -  Chicken Apple Sausage with brussle sprouts in fake butter

Dinner - Cheese Brats with Cabbage Steaks (slice a head of cabbage in 1 inch thick slices. Rub with olive oil and garlic. Bake in the oven at 400 for an hour, flip half way through)

I drank 50 ounces of water and took all of my vitamins. No workout tonight. I ran around after work finishing house chorus left over from the weekend, putting more sugar water out for the bees, feeding outside animals, and checking/filing our taxes. I did get my photo blog up and discussed all my goals with the hubby so he know what to expect dinner-wise. On a depressing side note I weight myself this morning out of curiosity...and it was not good. Not horrible, but up more that I would have liked. I thought back over my weekend and realized that the bad food choices that I allotted myself b/c I ran is what caused it. Hope getting back on track will reset my weight! 

The bad about toady - I could have drank more water, would like to get 60+ oz in per day

The good about today - Got the taxes filed, did my blog, and caught up on some house stuff

Grade for the day A

That's a solid start, though - niggling issue - fake butter isn't a 1-ingredient food, or even real food. 

And as for the weight gain, being able to identify X bad choices as 'what did it' and being willing and able to overcome those bad choices to move forward is a great big step toward getting where you want to be. 

Whoohoo, off to a good start! I feel ya on the weight topic - I avoided weighing myself for a couple weeks there, since I knew I wasn't going to like what I saw. Now that I'm back on track, I got brave enough, and it wasn't too bad, but still, I'd like to stop taking steps backwards. Anyways, you'll get back to where you were soon enough, just gotta keep having days like yesterday!

And mmm to cabbage steaks. I love cabbage so much, it's ridiculous.

Wait, did I just read that wrong? 

Cabbage Steak? Do tell. I read it as 'cauliflower steak' - what is this cabbage steak you speak of?

I know the "fake" butter is not so great but I use just a little to give the sprouts some flavor. I must find something more in-line with what I'm doing for next time. Cabbage Steaks are as follows: slice a head of cabbage in 1 inch thick slices. Rub with olive oil and garlic. Bake in the oven at 400 for an hour, flip half way through. Their maybe variations, believe it or not, the hubby found this recipe online because he wanted us to eat different veggies.

I will pause here so you can recover! 

I know we will all get there weight wise, I just hate that you can put in on in a week, but take three to loose it back!!!!

I think I need cabbage steak in my life. The hubbs will definitely not approve, but he can totally suck it - that looks fantastic. 

As for a fake butter substitute ... ummm ... butter. I use Kerrygold unsalted grass fed butter. Ingredients: Cultured pasteurized cream. 1 ingredient. Bam. And it should definitely be in your area - maybe not Food Lion, but definitely Trader Joes, and probably Harris Teeter and/or Lowes. 

Ooh. Cabbage steak broiled with a tiny swipe of bacon fat, salt & pepper with a dash of some kind of vinegar after ward and a fried egg would be an amazeballs lunch.  

• Like 2

Week 1 Day 2 Recap: Started my day with 16 ounces of black tea (PG Tips) with Truvia and light cream. My meals were as follows: 

Lunch -  Chicken Apple Sausage with leftover Cabbage Steak

Dinner - Roast Ham in Organic Chicken Stock and Light Brown Sugar

I drank 50 ounces of water and took all of my vitamins. No workout tonight. More running around, my brothers birthday was last night and the family was getting together for cake and ice cream. I did really well and only had a bite of cake that my niece force-fed me. Also roasted a whole ham and cooked more corn beef (I'm beginning to see a pattern here). Nothing on the creative front done yet, I thought about it and got the glass containers out and on the table, but that was all.

The bad about toady - I could have drank more water, would like to get 60+ oz in per day

The good about today - Did my blog and did not totally pig out on cake

Grade for the day A

• Like 1

Sub'd!

We have a lot of creative people in NF....we need a PVP for us to get the creative juices flowing. Or to help us get into the habit of practicing our art, or finishing a project.

Ugh I dread my birthday with the cake and all. I wanted to stick to the tradition of making my own cake, but I cannot :( If I cannot make a awesome, good for me cake, then I will have no cake! (yeah that idea isn't going good with my sis and nana)

Your meals sound delicious! NOM NOM! Have you thought about getting a really big water bottle so you can just sip it all day?

I actually have two large 34 oz bottles that I take to work. I'm just in a lot of meeting where I have to interact with people and totally forget to drink. When I get home I drink water with dinner, but nothing after that unless I run. This was getting better until recently...boo! Shooting to meet my water mark for the rest of the week! 

Week 1 Day 3 Recap: Started my day with 16 ounces of black tea (PG Tips) with Truvia and light cream. My meals were as follows: 

Lunch -  Chicken Apple Sausage 

Dinner -  Two egg omelette with corn beef, roasted ham, and cheddar cheese

I drank 67 ounces of water (W00T) and took all of my vitamins. No workout tonight. I need to kick it in the ass if I'm getting three in this week. Plan on taking a nice nature walk on Thursday since the weather is warming up again. Friday I'm putting in the garden, which includes laying the plastic and planting the plants. Might also walk that day too, since the sun will be out and I'm off work.

The bad about toady - Need to focus on getting some workouts in

The good about today - Did my blog

Grade for the day A

Week 1 Day 4 Recap: Started my day with 16 ounces of black tea (PG Tips) with Truvia and light cream. My meals were as follows: 

Lunch -  Chicken Apple Sausage 

Dinner -  Pork Chops in the grill with no extras

I drank 66 ounces of water (W00T) and took all of my vitamins. The hubbys and I did a light 30 min job through the path in the woods. Garden is still the plan for today and then maybe some body wright pilates this evening.

The bad about toady - Nothing bad about today

The good about today - Did my blog and got a good job in!

Grade for the day A

Oops forgot to add that I had wine last night with the chops. Just one glass of a nice light moscato. Not bad, since it was Thursdays, made it though most of the week without being tempted in to over indulging! Also saw the new file The Only Lovers Left Alive. It is awesome...if you like music, artsy films, and vampires it is a must see!!!!

No veggies again, today? I know we aren't following the same philosophy about diet, but are you getting enough nutrition (i.e. calories and this is 2 days in a row with no veggies)? I worry. 

And not to be a complete parade rainer because I'm so very proud of you for coming back to NF and continuing on with your goals, but do corned beef and chicken apple sausage really count as 1-ingredient foods? Corned beef, in my thinking, is beef + corning solution (and if it's pre-packaged, all the crap that goes along with that) & chicken apple sausage is - if it's not pre-packaged - chicken + apple + spice blend + fat binder -- and if it is pre-packaged, you have all the preservatives associated with that to contend with. 

Again, totally not trying to rain on any straight A parades and not aiming to be a bitch in any way or form whatsoever, but my anal-retentiveness can't not speak up any longer. 

You got the hubbs out on a jog? Does he have a fever? Way to freaking go! 

And yay, water - it's Friday, time to start reminding yourself to drink enough so you'll rock that goal out this weekend! I need to remind myself of that, too, since I always suck at weekend water consumption. 

Yes! I'm so glad you saw that movie! Is it slow like an arty movie, or do you think I can get the hubbs to sit through it without dying? 

So I checked the ingredients in the chicken apple sausages and the corn beef. The sausages are as follows: chicken, dried apples, salt, fruit juice concentrate (apple, pineapple, pear, and peach), spices, celery powder in a pork casing. The corn beef it brisket and potassium nitrate. For this week I'm forgoing the corn beef, but got the sausages because they make a quick lunch. No veggies is totally my fault, I bring frozen steamables, but work was busy and I did not make it to the microwave. I'm going to work on that this week. Not going to lie, I was a little angry when I first read the post. I'm eating the best I probably have ever, but maybe I need to adjust me goals a little. Maybe something like healthy low-carb instead of on ingredient.

The movie was GREAT, but yea slow. It reminds me of how vamps were before Twilight. More like how Ann Rice wrote them. Also the music reminds me of the first Crow, which I still love to this day. Wished we lived closer, because I would totally see it again and would go with you! 

I also take a multi-vitamin, along with several other supplements, but should be getting fresh veggie too! 

Week 1 Day 5 Recap: Started my day with 8 ounces of black tea (PG Tips) with Truvia and light cream. My meals were as follows: 

Lunch -  N/A had a late breakfast

Dinner -  Grilled Market Salad from Chic-Fil-A (grilled chicken, greens, and blue cheese crumbles) , with a large fruit cup (blueberries, strawberries, apples, and oranges) with no dressing on the salad.

I drank 66 ounces of water (W00T) and took all of my vitamins. I mowed the lawns while the hubby weed-wacked. We also when and picked up a new chicken house and got it loaded with my brothers help. Needless to say I did not do any traditional exercise today.

The bad about toady - Would have liked to get some traditional exercise in, but was too tried.

The good about today - Did my blog and got some veggies.

Grade for the day A-