Meat Tanking : Compartmentalization and Other Large Words

This is Seth

Yeah man, for having 72 hours, that weekend sure sped by quickly. I kept thinking, I should go find Roo again. But either just hung out with my group or with TinMan and his group the whole weekend. I got to demo a game that I had been looking for, Steam Park, which plays like a quicker version of Power Grid. I picked up one called "Attack the Darkness", which is a dynamic dungeon crawler... a particular type of game our group has been looking for. 

I also demo'ed a video game called Vector Strike which was like Star Fox but with really good graphics. 

And Max, that image is awesome. 

Yeah, I found Tin Man a few times, but it was tough, because we were mostly doing panels or expo hall stuff during the day, and were playing games back at the hotel at night (my brother had local friends without badges come visit).  I do like the sound of a quicker Power Grid though - that's one of those games that always takes longer than it seems it should.  I had heard a lot about Hanabi before the weekend, but played it for the first time this weekend (and played a lot of it).  We also demoed Pompeii, which was a little light for my tastes, but would work well with a more casual crowd (aka, my wife's family).

Seth... has a challenge? Bwahhhh?

And, um, of course you'll see Cheechoe Sunday -- you want to eat some leg of lamb at my house, riiiight?

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

That looks Earth Worm Jim-esque...

I was thinking the same thing!!!

groovy.png

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Alright, so a quick break down of this week's hours and where we can find some improvement. 

Total Hours Recorded : 168

Hours of Sleep : 58 (34.5%)

Hours of Work : 38 (22.5%) lol, didn't work 40 hours this week...

Hours at the gym : 19 (11%)

Hours out socially : 25 (15%)

There are a couple of one offs in here: 

Today is pretty much all going down as gaming... 8 hours of goofing off and dicking around the house(I'm sorry Cheechoe/RP, I'm really fucking sore again). 

2 hours in a massage that took away from my work week.

I was in the gym from 9-3 yesterday because of a competition. Instead of the usual 2 hours on Saturdays. 

Almost all of my social time is spent with GF, which makes sense. Should get a guy night in some time night week though. 

Now for where I can save some time. 

I've got > 4 hours of just goofing off in here. Think that was just one week night that I took off that I didn't make any plans. 

I've only got 2 hours of actual cooking in here. Usually I'm cooking for someone.. so I count that against her time. Or we're eating out.. or I'm slow cooking something which means I can do other things. Still, 2 hours? That seems oddly low. 

The big culprit here is what I thought it was going to be: close to 7 hours of commute time. This is mainly getting from the house to work, work to gym, gym to home. That's about 1:20 a work day. That seems like a lot, doesn't it? Thinking about how biking could affect this time-wise and if I could get to the office without being a sweaty mess or get home from the gym after a heavy squat day on a bike. 

So far, I'm enjoying this experiment. GF finds it hilarious that right before we go to bed, I will actively grab my tablet to change my toggl entry to "sleep". Next week is a pretty normal week, so that should be a better time sampling. Tuesday game night, 4 days in the gym, date night + saturday outting. I think this will be a good week to keep track of, so I'm going to keep this up. 

Also, side note, 58 hours over 7 days is over 8 hours of sleep per night. This of course is working under the assumption that I pull my regular Sunday routine and fall asleep at 8. Which is probably going to happen. But still, 8+ hours of sleep a night is awesome. I've been trying to make this happen and it's realistically 7-7.5 on work nights and 9 hours on weekends. I like it. 

Dwarven Warrior

What's Seth Doing Nowadays?

Sometimes I lift it. Sometimes It Lifts Me.

I put it on your other thread, but I still think that was a stupid no-rep call.

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs

Spoiler

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

I think on the platform, it would get me three red lights. But, I think that when I had 60 seconds to hit a C&J and then as many DL's as possible... it was a little unnecessary. 

Oh, yes. Three red lights on the platform because you didn't bring your feet back together and show that you could control the weight. But for crossfit??? That was a good lift. :)

• Like 1

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs

Spoiler

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Things to figure out : How to keep my shins from bleeding during every olympic training day. I destroy long socks and bleed through my shin sleeves. It's not a pretty sight. 

Children's shin guard? the soft socky kind? Or maybe an athletic tape / duct tape barrier over the socks. These are the kinds of puzzles I spend too much of my time pondering. 

Human Warrior

W2:D2

Workout is going well. Mixed up my Wed/Thurs because I had some extra time last night. Or thought I did. 

As far as the challenge is going, I'm keeping up with 4-5 threads at the moment. Thankfully, some of those people do not post a thousand things a day. On the opposite side of the spectrum, the other person is Catspaw... so there's a lot to read. Good thing I love her. 

Dwarven Warrior

Weekly Update!

W2:D3 went alright on Saturday. Lifts didn't feel great, but I hit a PR on front squat which felt good. 

Spent the rest of the day in the Museum of Science being nerdy with the lady. And then introduced her to my gaming group, which went over extremely well. 

The rest of the weekend was a blur of us eating far too much food and being bums on the couch for most of Sunday, so... that kind of sways my last day of data entry for time keeping. 

So, this is a two week samping of time spent on which tasks I spent time on. I wasn't as granular this second week, most things are tracked in a general way. 

Total Time : 336h

Sleep  : 116h (34%)

Work : 79h (24%)

Gym : 31h (9%)

SO Time : 48h (14%)

Lost Time : 27h (8%)

Other Fun Stuff : 25h (7.5%)

Will break this down more when I have some time to type. 

Dwarven Warrior

Weekly Update!

W2:D3 went alright on Saturday. Lifts didn't feel great, but I hit a PR on front squat which felt good. 

Spent the rest of the day in the Museum of Science being nerdy with the lady. And then introduced her to my gaming group, which went over extremely well. 

The rest of the weekend was a blur of us eating far too much food and being bums on the couch for most of Sunday, so... that kind of sways my last day of data entry for time keeping. 

So, this is a two week samping of time spent on which tasks I spent time on. I wasn't as granular this second week, most things are tracked in a general way. 

Total Time : 336h

Sleep  : 116h (34%)

Work : 79h (24%)

Gym : 31h (9%)

SO Time : 48h (14%)

Lost Time : 27h (8%)

Other Fun Stuff : 25h (7.5%)

Will break this down more when I have some time to type. 

The idea of logging how I spend my time scares the shit out of me. I'd really have to face some demons if I did that. Congrats for the bravery.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Committed to a challenge the Meat Tank is, I'm impressed. GL buddo

Re the bleeding all over the barbell and lifting platform, You're a soccer player, break out the shin guards under the socks. or on top of, whatever is cool. start a new craze.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

A couple girls at the gym wear shin guards during box jumps. Me? I just deal with the bits of blood and guts hanging out in the shower. 

Finished up W3:D2, over in my battle log. Couple form videos to put up, figured I'd throw a few here and a few over in the battle log, for the Warrior Mini Challenge. I should probably go do the second set of that challenge, as I think Mick is busy with real life stuff at the moment. 

Clean and Jerk @ 245

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFMIbCumFrM

Snatch @ 180

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVc6wEKZf6g

Both those lifts are at about 90%+ of my 1RM. Both felt pretty good. Looking forward to maxing out in about a week and a half to see where I am. For more videos, check my battle log for the past two workouts(W3:D1-D2)

Dwarven Warrior

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines