W_K_S Challenge 8.0: 1000, 100, 30

It has been a little over a year since I joined the NF rebellion and started changing my life and my health through these 6-week challenges. I have had some really great ones, and some (like the last one) that I faded at the end.

I will not quit the challenges because I have witnessed some epic transformations in my body, achievement of goals and have improved my health. My cholesterol when I started was over 156 and my doctor wanted to put me on medications. Through watching what I ate and exercise I lowered it to 140. I also lost about 40 pounds since I have started (my highest weight was 235 and now I am 193.5).

This will be my 8th challenge and I remain focused on my goals:

My main goal is to reduce my LDL cholesterol to 130 by June 28th (my son's 3rd birthday)

My side goal is to run Disney's Tower of Terror 10-miler which is in October of this year.

To achieve these goals, I have amped up my goals for this challenge:

1. Run 100 Km's during the course of the challenge - To complete this in 6 weeks, I need to run a little over 16 Km per week. If I run 3 days as week, that will be a little over 5.5 km per run. I can do that! There will be some longer runs, and some shorter runs at a faster pace - but I am confident I can do this!

Grading will be like in school:

A= 100 - 90

B= 89 - 80

C= 79 - 70

D = 69 - 60

F = 59 or less

2. Do 1000 push-ups during the course of the challenge - to complete this in 6 weeks, I need to do at least 24 push-ups every day. There will be other strength training, but push-ups are a great body weight workout. I got this!

Grading will also be like in school

A= 1000 - 900

B= 899 - 800

C= 799 - 700

D = 699 - 600

F = 599 or less

3. Break my addiction to sugar - eat paleo snacks 5 days a week. That means 30 days of avoiding white, processed sugar. Cookies, donuts and candy are a major weakness for me. So out they go!

A = 30 - 27 days

B = 26 - 23 days

C = 22 - 19 days

D = 18 - 15 days

F = 14 days or less

4. Keep up my battle log in order to keep my motivation! Staying active with this community will help keep me motivated and help to prevent me from fading at the end of the challenge (or the middle) - log in and post at least 5 days a week

A = 30 - 27 days

B = 26 - 23 days

C = 22 - 19 days

D = 18 - 15 days

F = 14 days or less

Ok, these seem like tough but achievable goals and if I can keep myself motivated and do well, I should see big results at the end of the challenge.

Here we go...

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

I like your goals.  Now that the weather is warming up I need to start running again.  I can totally sympathize with your sugar goal, I've got a killer sweet tooth.  Good luck!

Thanks. The sweet tooth has gotten out of control. We made these little candy bags at my Chamber of Commerce as a thank you to members, and they were to be delivered by volunteers - well I busted a few of them open and ransacked them. Not a good look...

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

I can totally relate to the candy.  With Easter around too, there is so much I'd like to tear into right now :)  That is a ton of pushups.  Maybe I need to work more of those into what I do.  My form isn't great, and I can't do many in a row.  Better in the form of a burpee at least.

I can totally relate to the candy.  With Easter around too, there is so much I'd like to tear into right now :)  That is a ton of pushups.  Maybe I need to work more of those into what I do.  My form isn't great, and I can't do many in a row.  Better in the form of a burpee at least.

Hi Tateman! It seems like a ton of push-ups, but broken down to 25 a day seems manageable. I need to work burpees into my routine, I am not good at those. 

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

Day by day trials and tribulations are in my battle log here, so I will tally up my results for evaluation:

1. Run 100 KM - I was on pace to hit this goal when I was taken out with an injury in week 3 - a stress fracture in my left foot. I was in a soft cast with a doctor-given special shoe for almost two weeks. I had to get special inserts and new running shoes. I am happy to announce that follow up x-rays are good and am cleared to run again (I ran this week and it felt good to get back out there). I am giving this an incomplete.

2. Do 1,000 push-ups - I surpassed 100% on this goal. I actually did 1,305 push-ups during the challenge. I started with 25 a day and gradually moved up to 50 a day by the end. A+

3. Break my sugar addiction - EPIC FAIL. If there was a 12-step program for sugar addicts, I would join. (Hi, my name is Paul and I am a sugar addict. Hi Paul). Less than 1 day per week without sugar. F

4. Post consistently - Part of my lack of success in the last challenge was not keeping up with posting to this site. That accountability is important. I was striving for 30 posts (5 a week for 6 weeks) and I did 31 posts. A+

Focusing on my successes - I really did a good job keeping up with my push-ups. I rarely missed a day and never two in a row. Running was going well until the injury, and I will keep going a be smart about stretching to stay injury-free. I also had a lot of success in posting this time. I made it a priority!

Looking forward to my 9th challenge on July 9!

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

NIce work!  Sorry to hear about the foot though.  Sugar is a B$#%!!  I've got a sweet tooth that just won't quit.  If you find that 12 step program let me know I'll join you for a meeting  :playful: .  

Half/Ogre, Ranger Level 0

STR: 0, Dex: 0, STA: 0, Con: 0, WIS: 0, CHA: 0

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines