• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TiffanyD

TiffanyD's To a Size 6 Warrior Challenge, Round 1...

So here we go!

I joined nerd fitness back in January, and have gotten a slow and steady start since really getting into it back in March.  This is my first 6 week challenge, and it will be a mulit round challenge since I wouldn't be able to get through my main mission in 6 weeks safely.

I have always been a stocky girl, and I have had a love/hate relationship with my body since I was in my early teens.  The weight runs in the family on my mom's side, and my main motivation is to get ahead of the curve so I don't have health issues down the road.  Feeling better about my body, and not seeing only the things I dislike in the mirror is my secondary motivation.  All in all I am a fairly healthy/active person, but I don't have much self control when it comes to social situations/meals, and I need better portion control.

Main Challenge Quest:

To get to 130 lbs, and or a size 6.

Minor Missions:

Meet net calorie goal of 1240 daily

Be gluten free at least 5 days a week

Be active for at least 1 hour 6 days a week

Life Quest:

Be more confident and open to expressing myself and my needs.

I am an overly giving person, and I tend to push my want's and needs aside constantly.  While I am proud of the person I am, this is something I must balance in my life. 

Edited by Nuala
Adding guild tags
  • Like 2

Hello!

Welcome to the World of Nerdfitness.

My husband is a warrior, but I am a scout with ranger tendencies...LOL.

Your challenges sound so similar to mine...so I'm going to follow you.

You may find out that you aren't really a warrior( there are sort of guild jabs...all fun and games)

but learning to express yourself is a huge life changer!

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi! Great goals! Going GF really helped me, but that's in large part because my body is "intolerant" of it. Do you have specific plans for the working out bit?

I have found that gluten tends to mess with my digestion, I didn't quit cold turkey but I have noticed the less I have it the better I tend to feel overall.  

I normally make it to the gym at least 3 times a week right now.  I have 2 30 min personal training sessions for my weight training, and I meet up with a co-worker for classes in the evenings at the gym as well now (started last week, aiming for 3 times a week).  I haven't been able to make it to all the classes we planned but that is due to working in the back yard and getting my home ready to rent out.  When things settle down after i have renters lined up I will be at them gym 5 days a week, and I try to do one active thing on the weekends.  

Hello!

Welcome to the World of Nerdfitness.

My husband is a warrior, but I am a scout with ranger tendencies...LOL.

Your challenges sound so similar to mine...so I'm going to follow you.

You may find out that you aren't really a warrior( there are sort of guild jabs...all fun and games)

but learning to express yourself is a huge life changer!

Good luck!

I will have to follow yours as well!

I tend to gravitate to classes that hit things with large objects in just about every game I play, and I am learning to play hockey so warrior makes sense for now :) But who knows down the line, I like the advantages of all classes.

I am not really sure how updates on these go, so here is just a quick overview:

Yesterday I met my goal of being under my calorie limit

I made it to the gym for pilates with my co-worker

I jogged in the morning before work

Damn near gluten free, but I had such a calorie deficit I snacked on 2 cookies :S  My girl scout stash is gone now though so I won't have any in the house anymore, lol.

Today:

2 eggs with ezekiel 7 grain bread and 1 tbs of butter (part in pan with eggs, part on toast)

Lunch is going to be a bunless burger with tomato, home made mayo and cheese

Dinner im not sure about yet, still getting used to my marcos being more keto based

Activity will be yard work, and a jog later tonight.

I have found that gluten is a bad thing for me, as well. And sugar. And dairy! LOL. but I love ice cream and cake! that is why I have been up to 250 pounds!

Iwill never be able to lift like the warriors because of medical reasons...but i can still do many of the other things.

And, in case you didn't know - you can change a guild every challenge. Try out their mini's and see what feels most like YOU. Ithought I had to declare a guild, and stick with it...

but right now, I'm in adventurers, because of the weight loss...and just floating around in the Scouts.

The Adventurers are a great place for challenge number 2 - to just get a little more feeling for the place.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

how is your gluten free going? we are trying that with out diet now. I bought a whole bunch of gluten free pastas, my wife is a self proclaimed carbivore. She can't help but have a bowl of cereal to start her day. But on the plus side Chex makes 5 or 7 GF varieties. I don't have to look too far.

Keep it up.