AgentsSka

Alright, here we go.

Goal 1 - Sub 20 Minute 5K.

Fairly self explanatory.  My body is slowly getting used to running faster.  I have a 5K on the calendar in May.  And, I might squeeze in another one before that.  Either way, my goal is to race one with a finish time in the teens.  Last 5K was raced on 3/16 & I finished in 20:15.  I'd love to be sub-19, but that may be a bit aggressive right now.  So, I will keep with a goal of Sub 20.

Goal 2 - Strength training at least 3x a week.

Last couple of months, I have focused more on my running.  I ran a Spartan Sprint this past weekend, and finished... ok.  Obstacle Course Races tend to have a way of highlighting your weaknesses.  And, my lack of consistent strength training affected my finish time.  I'm not going to allow that to happen again.

Goal 3 - Complete the GORUCK Challenge on 5/24

... preferably without embarrassing myself too badly.

Simple enough - in theory.

My life has been a bit busy lately leading to lower NF participation than in the past.  I can't guarantee daily posts.  But, I will finish this challenge with posts.

Here we go now.  Aroo!

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

No real action shots yet.  The Spartan pics usually take about 7 days to post.

My girlfriend snapped a post-race shot of me at the field.

10157229_4078315732525_31322722355885771

In terms of things I need to work on... It's simply strength stuff.  My grip strength was a weak point for me on this run through.  Of course, they tend to group things together to challenge those kinds of things.  Example; Jerry-can carries followed immediately by thick-bar/alternating height monkey bars.

Like I said, the race went alright.  Cardio-wise, I was fine.  I could probably have afforded to go a bit harder, even.  But, was trying to keep my heart-rate under control.  Unfortunately, I had three sets of penalty burpees which just wrecked my time.  I ran in the Elite heat and finished exactly in the middle of the pack.  That said, I still showed improvement.  Last year, all of my times were almost exactly twice that of the Elite Men's winner.  This time, I cut that difference in half.  And, if I am able to run a clean race, it will be even closer.  Additionally, if I ran the same time in the Open Division, I would have placed in the top 1.5% of all racers on Saturday.  So, I want to be better... but, I'm getting there.

I didn't get specific about what I am going to do for strength training - and I fully intend on having more than three workouts per/week.  The goal is simply to hold myself accountable. However, it is going to be a mix of heavy low-rep lifting and circuit work.  I will also becoming great friends with my sandbag & pull-up bar.

Ever since you started posting about running a sub 20 minutes 5k, I've found myself checking my splits at 20 minutes during my runs. I'm a long way off from finishing a 5k at that time, but as long as they distance keeps getting a little farther with each run, I'm happy about it. I will be eagerly cheering on your races!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Subbed.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Awww, love the NP photo.

Subbed, of course. 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

AROOOOO!!!

And a Fuck yea! (That NP photo is awesome.)

Also, I'm currently leaning towards seeing you Wednesday morning.  Because if my upper body is fucked up, I kinda still want to do something phsyical.  Like running up Stairs.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Hi spartan

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Ever since you started posting about running a sub 20 minutes 5k, I've found myself checking my splits at 20 minutes during my runs. I'm a long way off from finishing a 5k at that time, but as long as they distance keeps getting a little farther with each run, I'm happy about it. I will be eagerly cheering on your races!

Love your goals! I don't know that I'll ever be able to do a sub 20-minute 5k, but I'm in awe of those who can!

I love that we all have different goals.  But, it's always about the improvement. It's training for life. We all want to continuously get slightly better than we were yesterday.

Subbed.

Yeah, man!  Where's your thread?

Awww, love the NP photo.

Subbed, of course. 

Can't wait to get you into those photos again!

AROOOOO!!!

And a Fuck yea! (That NP photo is awesome.)

Also, I'm currently leaning towards seeing you Wednesday morning.  Because if my upper body is fucked up, I kinda still want to do something phsyical.  Like running up Stairs.

See you tomorrow!

Bring it indeed!

Hell yeah!

Oh.

ugh....

Hi.

Still confused!

Glad to see you're still around kicking ass!

Why thank you Absidey!

Hi spartan

Hello, Mistress of Winning.

tumblr_m76r1djyOF1rrajoto1_500.gif

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Spartan Sprint Pics

finish2_crop_lo.png

Sprinting for the finish

Because that's how winning is done!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

See that crap on the concrete... that's fucking ice. WTF Mother Nature?

Today was not about speed.  Today was about grinding out the workout without cracking a skull open on the concrete.  

It was a success.

Just curious, how many sections did you get yesterday?  I don't think I asked afterwards - we were talking too much about your Spartan and how much Mother Nature was a bitch.

Cuz I made 20 and stopped because I kept slipping and was in no mood for a cracked skull before work.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Pansies

I have head gear you could borrow.

I AM going the distance

Well that's good. I'd hate to see that challenge goal failed.

Nice to see the Spartan pics, too. More vicarious living for me.

Seriously.  The pics weren't that great - weird zones.  And, one zone is missing a good chunk of time  (like two hours).  Curious to see if they have more to upload or if there was a camera issue.

But, I can't wait for my next OCR.  I think I might cheat on Spartan and do a Warrior Dash just because it is down the road from me and I need more OCR in my life.

Just curious, how many sections did you get yesterday?  I don't think I asked afterwards - we were talking too much about your Spartan and how much Mother Nature was a bitch.

Cuz I made 20 and stopped because I kept slipping and was in no mood for a cracked skull before work.

I did a RobotMan2 +1.  I had stopped to pee and then did the same section when I came back out.

Pansies

I have head gear you could borrow.

Pansies?  We did the workout w/o headgear.  I literally saved a girl's life when I caught her from slipping from the very top section.  We are not pansies.  We are crazy #Weatherproof.

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines