Zardoz: First Quest

Zardoz

So, uh, yeah. Quest thread. First one, wewt. Hoping this challenge will help me keep motivated with my quest. Advice is also loved and appreciated.

Stat-like things

Female

5'6"

229 lbs

I have yet to pick and choose a race and class, so alas I have no fun little stats beyond anything. I'm still learning to get in the groove.

Main Quest

In the most basic sense, drop the weight. I have no final number in mind, but for now my main aim is to get under the 200 mark and go from there. My main goal for this 6-week challenge? Get as close to or as far below 220 as I can.

Goals

1- Get at least 20 minutes of exercise in daily. 30 minutes or more is my true aim, but on my 12-hour work shift days, I make do with the limited time I have. Keep things mixed up with cardio and BBW (or maybe try out that DDP Yoga thing. That looks fun).

2- Pack my own meals for work! No more visits to the micro-mart.

3- Get better on portion control, especially when rice is involved. (nom nom rice)

Side Quests!

1- Learn some new healthy recipes. One can only eat the same five things so many times.

1.5- Find good not-soup recipes for the crock pot.

2- Unpack/hang all my art in the house.

2.5- Unpack/sort through the boxes down in the game room.

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

We adore doing pot roasts in the crock pot - tasy, tasty meat. And chili! Or BBQ ribs - we have a heck of a time making tasty ribs, but the crockpot makes us look like pros. I hear you can even roast a whole chicken in one, but I haven't tried that yet. 

And yay for more acecssible art! It really can make a huge difference on quality of life. 

Welcome to the fun!

I’m Hazard, one of the Assassin guild ambassadors.  It looks like with the BBW you may have goals similar to what many in our guild work on, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I would love to assist you!  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the setting turned on that makes the forum alert me when somebody quotes me.  You can also get in touch with me easily through posting on my own challenge topic, on my battle log, or by using the messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin’s Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, we’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Hazard, thanks for everything! I'll definitely be looking at those links and hopefully throw in a post or two.

So far things are going well. I am getting further along in doing the BBW in one go-- when I did it when I first joined the site, I could only manage two half sets, and now I can do a full set and a half set back to back, yay! I slacked a bit today, what with it being too cold for me to go outside and all (curse you, weather!) but I may throw in a bit more of a workout once I get home.

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

Nooo, I failed a bit on the food eating front. That is the problem working in an ER around any holiday time: there WILL be delicious temptations all around when any holiday is afoot. I made off with 4 cookies and a handful of gummi bears. I could have done worse, but I am still disappointed with myself.

But on the bright side I have been keeping up with working out. I even woke up early to do some of it before work, yaaay! Only now I'm here sitting around in a near-empty workplace. Note to self: find some exercises that can be done at the desk or something to keep me occupied. I feel like I am wasting chances here when the workplace is slow like this.

Trying out some new recipes already! Even picking up paleo things if I think I can get away with them. Also got all my posters framed, wewt. Now I just need to figure out where to hang them all...

Questing!

Current / 1

Yeah! Did a nice long jog/walk (mostly walk) around a lake here at a local park. Don't know the exact distance, but it was a good hour and a half out there. Got the boyfriend to come along, and it was a blast! Now to get a bit of breakfast and some sleep.

Edit: found out how long the lake trail was- 5 miles!

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

Note to self: get better shoes for long walks/running attempts. I got me some shin splints from the Friday morning excursion.

Still keeping up on the BBWW, despite the leg pain and like... Zero time I have on my 12-hour shift nights. They've become my go-to thing on the 12 hour work nights. Still need to find something where I can have the illusion of working out while doing these long-shifts while chained to the desk.

More failure on the food front, though. Ugh. I need to learn to say no when goodies are offered. I also failed to pack a meal, so down to the cafeteria with me. At least they have good salads. I've also been keeping up with drinking lots of water, which pleases me.

Questing!

Current / 1

Despite me eating way too much at Easter dinner on Sunday and not getting a single thing done (pulling being awake after a 12 hour shift is rough), I'm back on it! Workout went well, and I got me a pile of better clothes to work out in. And despite my fears of failing on the food front for several days, I still managed to lose nearly a whole pound! Yeah!

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

Thanks Hazard! I'm hoping so too.

Today was a sleepy day. Tried out a slow cooker paleo recipe for chicken enchilada stew, and it turned out DELICIOUS. Lots of leftovers too, so there's gonna be a few nights of not having to cook, aw yis.

Did not get much exercise done today- only about 10-15 mins. But after work the boyfriend and I aim to do another loop around the lake. If not, I'll go alone.

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

Thanks KingLeeroy! You're right, no use dwelling on the bad things and moving on to kick butt the bext day!

Speaking of which, not much got done yesterday. I could make excuses, but that would be in poor form. I still have fewer regrets than I probably should, buuuut. So I made it up today with an hour long walk 'round my neighborhood. It was a nice walk and a good way to break in my new running shoes. It's a hilly neighborhood too, so I got a good workout outta that too.

Now to do some house cleaning out of the way. Parents are coming tomorrow for the weekend, oh no!

Questing!

Current / 1

Bluh. I feel like I'm slipping. Did not get any exercising in today.... Though to be fair, my occasional and infamous bouts of insomnia have struck again. Only got about an hour of sleep on the couch all day. And of course tonight was a 12 hour work shift. Of course. I had to cheat with an energy drink, but hey. It is keeping me up and running so far/still.

Have noticed a bit of a difference already, though! Since I couldn't sleep, I decided screw it, errands time! I've hardly worn my jeans lately, and when I put them on, they were hella loose. I kept having to pull them up semi-frequently too. By golly, what a lovely problem to have. I kind of never thought I would experience it, you know?

Also, sizing for bras is the devil. Measured myself for a Lynx bra (which fits lovely!), and I took myself to the store... Nope. Oh women's clothes. Why are you not standardized? I mean, seriously.

I got almost all my art hung up too! Whoooo! Next thing I need to do is save up so I can get my huge Street Fighter poster framed. A 55x17 poster sure isn't gonna come cheap. Also need to check on getting a frame for my Seven Samurai movie poster. It's slightly oversized, but there maaaay be a frame for it someplace.

Also got all my boxes taken care of. Now I just need to gently press on the boyfriend to get his done, though I know we're going to need to get a second DVD rack for his MASSIVE anime collection.

Questing!

Current / 1

Bwa ha ha. I am luring the boyfriend to the Rebellion. I was trying out some yoga today, and he walked in and started watching. Five minutes later he was stretching out and running through the exercises with me. Afterwards, we were chatting about Nerd Fitness a bit. Progress, yay!

Not much else to report here tonight. Or over the weekend, for that matter. Parents are coming to visit for the weekend, so I'm gonna be focused on entertaining them. I will try to do something, though!

• Like 2

Questing!

Current / 1

That's the spirit! Converting people to the rebellion and do some kickass workouts together :D I hope you had a nice week-end and that you are ready to tackle the new week!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Thanks Nuala! Yeah, I'm really hoping to get him to fully join the Rebellion. Gives us more stuff to work together with and all that.

The weekend was good! Very busy, extremely tiring (thanks, lack of sleep!) but we had a blast. Got a lot of walking in on Sunday, when we got to go cruise the Carnegie Natural History Museum.

Today was busy too. We went for another 5-mile walk around the lake this morning, then I did some semi-hard labor in doing gardening things.

I think after sweating for two or so hours digging up weeds and planting flowers, it is safe to say: I hate plants. At least the house looks better?

Not sure what my weight is at the moment. I was 225 on Saturday, but I'll look tomorrow night at work and see what it says on a proper medical scale.

Questing!

Current / 1

Not much to report today. I started trying out DDP Yoga, and it seems pretty rad. Definitely gonna be keeping up with it. Apart from that, not much to say. Dunno what my weight is-- the scale has been squirreled away in a patient room all night, so whatever. Didn't eat much, and didn't do much today otherwise.

Questing!

Current / 1

Bah. The damage from the weekend has been assesed. Back up a pound. It was not as bad as I thought it would be, but worse than I hoped. Oh well. Now that the parents are back home I've been keeping on track with things, so barring any unexpected continuous meal outings and such, it can only be good from here. Slightly discouraging stuff, but eh. It is what it is.

Aside that, kept to the usual routine for my 12 hour days. Got two sets of the BBWW in. Haven't been feeling like food today, so I've only scarfed down a small sandwich here at work (grilled eggplant, mmmm). Work has a big health walking event coming up in about two weeks, so I signed up for that. Motivation for walking, yaaaay.

Questing!

Current / 1

Boring day. Did another round of DDP Yoga, then went out to dinner with the boyfriend and his ma. Ate a little too much, but I stuck to the healthier options on the menu, at least. Now I am just zoning out at work, whee. I have made a joyous little discovery, though-- my scrubs are definitely a looser fit than before, whoo!

Questing!

Current / 1

Bluh. I feel like I'm slipping. Did not get any exercising in today.... Though to be fair, my occasional and infamous bouts of insomnia have struck again. Only got about an hour of sleep on the couch all day. And of course tonight was a 12 hour work shift. Of course. I had to cheat with an energy drink, but hey. It is keeping me up and running so far/still.

Have noticed a bit of a difference already, though! Since I couldn't sleep, I decided screw it, errands time! I've hardly worn my jeans lately, and when I put them on, they were hella loose. I kept having to pull them up semi-frequently too. By golly, what a lovely problem to have. I kind of never thought I would experience it, you know?

Also, sizing for bras is the devil. Measured myself for a Lynx bra (which fits lovely!), and I took myself to the store... Nope. Oh women's clothes. Why are you not standardized? I mean, seriously.

I got almost all my art hung up too! Whoooo! Next thing I need to do is save up so I can get my huge Street Fighter poster framed. A 55x17 poster sure isn't gonna come cheap. Also need to check on getting a frame for my Seven Samurai movie poster. It's slightly oversized, but there maaaay be a frame for it someplace.

Also got all my boxes taken care of. Now I just need to gently press on the boyfriend to get his done, though I know we're going to need to get a second DVD rack for his MASSIVE anime collection.

Um, yes.  Devil.  Plus boobs are always changing and weight loss does not help that.  

You're doing really well on your challenges, especially with 12 hours shifts!  That's really commendable.  Did you find any 'at desk' moves you can try out?  I'll bet youtube has some.  But that's my answer for everything.  

Level 3 - Person who doesn't really understand what stats are.  I know, you've explained it...

Lammis, I did find a few things! Yes, youtube is such a wonderful source. It has given me so many answers for fixing things around the house and with my car. I also try to just get up and scuttle all over the ER when I get the chance. It at least keeps me moving. And thank you! I have been trying to keep up with my ambitions and routines. I've actually found that getting a good round or two of the BBWW in before my shift makes me feel more energetic for those long nights. I can only do two sets, but I shall soon be ambitious and start shooting for a third set.

And of course, today is a 12 hour shift, so the BBWW was done. I weighed myself, since Saturday is my one steady night of the week, and boom! Even though I had just eaten not long before, I am down to 223 lbs. Whooo! I've been feeling mildly discouraged all week, but this is a HUGE boost for me and my confidence.

Questing!

Current / 1

Only just woke up, so I've not done anything yet, but: that feeling when you try on a pair of jeans that used to be tight on you... And they are kind of loose! My day is off to a good start! I hope everyome else is doing fine and dandy on this lovely day.

UPDATE: After one of the funniest sessions of Pathfinder we've had in a loooong time, the boyfriedn and I got home and ran through a good hard round of DDP Yoga. We both are really enjoying it, and it certainly kicked our butts tonight.Good times!

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

Soon you'll have a "that feeling when you can't wear your pants any more because they are falling on your ankles after one step" :P this one is actually quite good even if it's followed by "that feeling when you have to buy all the clothes, again..."

By the way, you're three weeks into your challenge now, that mean you levelled up!  congratulations!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines