Kaylya goes 10k

Kaylya

Went to a yoga class tonight. It's been a while since I've gone to yoga (Looks like the last time I went was early March...). I will count that as handstand practice, I did some stuff to help prepare for headstands which are close enough ;)

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Did some handstand practice + foam rolling and stretching. I was holding wall planks for about 20s.

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Good luck tomorrow!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

RAR! 1:08.46 Chip time! Ran the first 2k ish with my friend doing the 5k, and then ran most of the rest of the way with a couple ladies aiming for around 1:10.

I had 1:10 as my sort of... aspirational goal, but I didn't think it was quite realistic towards the end of my training.. turns out I was wrong :)

• Like 1

Yay!

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

*showering you with imaginary flowers*

Great work!

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Went to Yoga. Really need to get back into that more regularly - the past few months things have just kept coming up :P

I'm not committed to any further races yet, but I would like to work on my 5k time and get that under 30 mins. I'm thinking one in June/July, then one in Sept.

Today is our pre-season get together for Ultimate (Theoretically starts May 15th, but, I think its likely it will get pushed back a week to let the fields dry out more...), and a rest day ;)

Did some handstand practice. Moved to a different spot so I could go higher; still definitely a wall plank rather than a wall handstand though. (the room I exercise in has sloped ceilings).

Ran home, but I must still be recovering from the 10k as I was getting really tired and started walking a lot towards the end. My glutes feel tired..

I've gone 55km of my 100km goal for the challenge.

Ultimate will now be starting on the 22nd because the fields need more time to dry out from the late spring.

Had a practice + scrimmage for ultimate today.

I think I may relax my running goals a bit - I feel like I need some recovery time.

And this evening: Handstand practice, + stretching & foam rolling.

How's the handstand practice coming along?

Haven't been practicing handstands as much as I set out to, but I have been practicing them a couple times per week. I've been trying to get out to yoga more, and I figure most of the yoga classes I go to count towards that too. Except not the "Restorative" yoga class I went to last night, that one was relaxing and a bit of stretching and not really any strength ;)

Was going to hit the gym on the way home from work and before my optometrist appointment... but I ended up going for a walk instead after having a chatty/slightly creepy guy sit next to me on the bus who I really didn't want to spend any more time with...

Went for a short run today. I've cut back the running because I've got a strained muscle in my butt (probably piriformis).

And then did some handstand practice + stretching and foam rolling. Held one wall plank for about 55s, and one of them (that I held for 30+ seconds) was about 2-2.5ft from the wall. Might be able to get to the "Wall Handstand" stage by the end of this challenge.

Arse-strain? Oh no! The wall plank sounds good though. That's a pretty long time.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines