• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ravnos

Ravnos' mission to recenter himself

I know that the Paleo diet is very useful, but I'd just like to point out that Paleo is not the only healthy diet choice in the world. If money is really a big problem, why not eat whole grain rice which is cheap and relatively healthy. Combined with a whole foods diet and calorie counting, I do believe it could be a healthy diet as well.

Bread and cakes I do agree those are evil in general. Rice? I think it's a good cheap carb option.

Or maybe I'm just defending my diet because I do eat a lot of rice. :)

• Like 1

I know that the Paleo diet is very useful, but I'd just like to point out that Paleo is not the only healthy diet choice in the world. If money is really a big problem, why not eat whole grain rice which is cheap and relatively healthy. Combined with a whole foods diet and calorie counting, I do believe it could be a healthy diet as well.

Bread and cakes I do agree those are evil in general. Rice? I think it's a good cheap carb option.

Or maybe I'm just defending my diet because I do eat a lot of rice. :)

When I originally decided to go paleo I left wild rice in my diet and didn't see any results for 3 months. When I cut the rice out I immediately started to drop fat... I think I'll keep not eating it regularly. ;-)

• Like 1

When I originally decided to go paleo I left wild rice in my diet and didn't see any results for 3 months. When I cut the rice out I immediately started to drop fat... I think I'll keep not eating it regularly. ;-)

Oh wow!!

That is interesting and contradicts my theory. Hmmm I'll have to think about this more deeply. Thanks for your sharing!

I think many people are different. .. some can eat quinoa, but I get a gluten reaction. .. so, rice may work for moomin, and not for ravnos...that's why whole30 is a testing diet!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's... going? I feel better but I'm not meeting my goals, like... at all this challenge. Mostly the meditation, I've just been busy and slacking off in my free time. Mostly because I'm still recovering with a nasty cough.

But, if you are like me. .. knowing that you are not meeting some goals for some reason causes you to re evaluate. .. and then re prioritize. ... which is still leveling up. .. tossing junk for the gold! Recover. .. important!

Mind: "Alright lets get some stuff done."

Brain: "Meh." *resumes playing video games or watching movies*

Mind: "No seriously, let's do the shit we actually need to do."

Brain: "Lazy. Don't feel like it."

Mind: "You're a piece of shit, you know that."

Brain: "lol"

Mind: "Body, can we just circumvent this?"

Body: "Train!"

Mind: "Fuck this shit, I'm out..."

• Like 2

Mind: "Alright lets get some stuff done."

Brain: "Meh." *resumes playing video games or watching movies*

Mind: "No seriously, let's do the shit we actually need to do."

Brain: "Lazy. Don't feel like it."

Mind: "You're a piece of shit, you know that."

Brain: "lol"

Mind: "Body, can we just circumvent this?"

Body: "Train!"

Mind: "Fuck this shit, I'm out..."

I think I followed that! But, how'd you get in my head?

You being a Druid and all this challenge found this from " Bob and Tom "radio show and thought would give you a chuckle. First it is just the monks then they blend in Black Sabbath.

Hi Ravnos. Discipline can be so incredibly tricky. It's still only week three though so there's plenty of time left!

How's your cough, is it gone?

Hey - yeah it can be. This challenge is going pretty poorly for me for a variety of reasons... The cough's gone but I've been "in a funk" and just haven't cared about... things. Trying to get back into the swing of it for the last three weeks. Hopefully getting back into the gym will help.

• Like 1

Hey - yeah it can be. This challenge is going pretty poorly for me for a variety of reasons... The cough's gone but I've been "in a funk" and just haven't cared about... things. Trying to get back into the swing of it for the last three weeks. Hopefully getting back into the gym will help.

Ebb and Flow, my friend.  You've been pretty intense in the past and maybe your brain and body are just catching up.  As long as you can maintain until the funk passes; one day a fire will light under your @ss and you'll feel better again. 

Did you have the hike?

• Like 2

You could be suffering from post Sick Funk!Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

At a glance I thought you called him a bad name. I mean he does have a sick sense of humor. Lol

Ebb and Flow, my friend.  You've been pretty intense in the past and maybe your brain and body are just catching up.  As long as you can maintain until the funk passes; one day a fire will light under your @ss and you'll feel better again. 

Did you have the hike?

Nah, Decided I had to much other stuff that needed to be done this weekend. Going next weekend if the weather's good.

At a glance I thought you called him a bad name. I mean he does have a sick sense of humor. Lol

Why thank you  :playful:

• Like 1

Had a cheat meal last night because my fiancee really, really wanted Spanish Rice. Made it with some good wild rice though, and everything else was high-quality, so not too bad.

After dinner I repacked my camping gear, redid my BoB and got that all organized, it had been about a year since I went through it all so I needed to check on my gear. Need to replace a few things with higher-quality stuff when I get a chance...

• Like 2