ALSO BATTLE LOG HERE:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/47451-spezzys-log-of-battles/

WEEK ONE

T 1 hour

W 1 hour + new thing (rock climbing)

R .5 hour (fail) + learned to make new meal

F - 2 hours :)

S - 

S - new side dish (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/egg-and-bacon-salad-recipe.html#!)

WEEK TWO

M - 1 new thing! (Pho - http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/22/narygehe.jpg)

T - 1 hour (read)

W - 1 hour (read)

R - 1 hour (read)

F - 1 hour (cleaned)

S - 1 hour

S - 1 new recipe

WEEK THREE

M

T

W

R

F

S

S

WEEK FOUR

M

T

W

R

F

S

S

WEEK FIVE

M

T

W

R

F

S

S

WEEK SIX

M

T

W

R

F

S

S

• Like 4

Welcome to the Druids!

I'm glad that you did a video instead of a posting full of .gifs....

Somehow I'm sure that the burpee tax on cat gifs I invented for the last challenge wouldn't really bother you ;)

Will the new meal be paleo?

Have lots of fun here =)

Welcome welcome! And /highfive for mental health challenge goals X)

Looking forward to seeing your progress, especially the time management and productivity ones so that I can hopefully copy what you're doing (and maybe, just maybe finish my thesis!)

I completely love this challenge and think it's perfect for where you are right now! Definitely looking to see how you incorporate these ideas, since a lot of the mental health aspects you're dealing with are things I want to work on as well.

Welcome welcome! And /highfive for mental health challenge goals X)

Looking forward to seeing your progress, especially the time management and productivity ones so that I can hopefully copy what you're doing (and maybe, just maybe finish my thesis!)

thank you! :)

Does this mean you're going to learn how to shapeshift?

as long as I can learn to shapeshift back

Welcome to the Druids!

I'm glad that you did a video instead of a posting full of .gifs....

Somehow I'm sure that the burpee tax on cat gifs I invented for the last challenge wouldn't really bother you ;)

Will the new meal be paleo?

Have lots of fun here =)

ha thank you! :)

new meal doesn't need to be paleo per say as I'm not 100% paleo, but close.  Something I can make again.

Spezzy's not a warrior?

tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_500.gif

Don't worry, I'll still be bro'ing out with you the entire way. :)

I completely love this challenge and think it's perfect for where you are right now! Definitely looking to see how you incorporate these ideas, since a lot of the mental health aspects you're dealing with are things I want to work on as well.

:) thank youuu

Well, you can't hide when you post it on Facebook...

haha i'm not hiding! though it's reallllly weird being in here instead of with my beloved warriors.

Totally supporting the mental health challenge idea. I am going to need to incorporate that into some upcoming challenges as I start to really face the fact that I want a new job and I want to live somewhere else and that will really take a lot out of me mentally with the planning and the job searching and all.

Mental health is so very important to overall well-being.

Hi spezzy!!  I'm so excited to see you're joining the Druids this go around!  You are the reason I found Nerd Fitness!  You are my hero!

I'm looking forward to tagging along and seeing your progress.  Good luck with everything.  :)

Hi spezzy!!  I'm so excited to see you're joining the Druids this go around!  You are the reason I found Nerd Fitness!  You are my hero!

I'm looking forward to tagging along and seeing your progress.  Good luck with everything.  :)

aw, you are too kind.  Thank you! :)

Ohai, I found you! :)

oh hai macro buddy :) 

Hi spezzy! Nice to meet you here in the Druidforest! Have fun and good luck with your goals! In terms of shapeshifting, just ask me :joyous: .\

hahah thank you :) :)

Spezzy.

Please feel welcome in the Druid forest (moved to the beach for this challenge ).

I love the video format - it's new, time saving, and more personal than a text!!

Many here can relate to your goals I think, so you are definitely in the right spot :-)

"Taking charge" in one's life is not as easy as it sounds and you are very much on track with your conscious choices.

This is where use yoga as a tool. Through a regular practice I feel an increased harmony and all the "noise" dies out which helps me listen to me better.

Namaste!

added a tracker in my initial post to track to see how i am doing :)

yesterday i took a bath and did some math problems = my time to myself

today i tried rock climbing for the first time (and that counts as an hour for me as well)

Spezzy.

Please feel welcome in the Druid forest (moved to the beach for this challenge ).

I love the video format - it's new, time saving, and more personal than a text!!

Many here can relate to your goals I think, so you are definitely in the right spot :-)

"Taking charge" in one's life is not as easy as it sounds and you are very much on track with your conscious choices.

This is where use yoga as a tool. Through a regular practice I feel an increased harmony and all the "noise" dies out which helps me listen to me better.

Namaste!

Thank you :) It's a bit weird being here, honestly :)  A lot out of my element, but I like it, and thanks for the warm welcome!

I definitely need to work on meditation and yoga and all of that.  Going to try for 20 mins before bed tonight with no phone or anything, just relaxing music!

Ayup. Did you practice the video beforehand at all? Or make some kind of bullet list in writing? Or was this just one take?

I'm just wondering because I was making videos last challenge because I had a quest where I wanted to practice my speaking. No matter how much I practiced for my videos, I still never managed to sound completely natural lol. I'll probably put another one up at some point even though it's no longer a challenge item. (I have a long rant written up and it would be a shame to waste it XD)

Being out of your element is a good first step into making it your element.  If we were to only do that which we comfortable, nothing would get done; there would be no new discoveries.  

I wish you a happy journey and we're glad to have you with the Druids this challenge.  

• Like 1

Ayup. Did you practice the video beforehand at all? Or make some kind of bullet list in writing? Or was this just one take?

I'm just wondering because I was making videos last challenge because I had a quest where I wanted to practice my speaking. No matter how much I practiced for my videos, I still never managed to sound completely natural lol. I'll probably put another one up at some point even though it's no longer a challenge item. (I have a long rant written up and it would be a shame to waste it XD)

One take :) I had written my goals down in a notebook before so I knew WHAT they were, and had kind of talked it out in my head just like I would have done if I was writing the challenge out, but then just recorded the video. I find the more takes I get for any video the more nervous I get and the worse it gets!  ha!

Being out of your element is a good first step into making it your element.  If we were to only do that which we comfortable, nothing would get done; there would be no new discoveries.  

I wish you a happy journey and we're glad to have you with the Druids this challenge.  

Yup. Totally true, great point :)  Like, Vonnegut quote? "I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center."

And thank you!

Good luck with the Druids, Spezzy! I think switching things up sometimes can be an awesomely healthy move. Your last challenge was kind of mentality-focused, so this seems like a natural next step. The druids helped me through my first challenge so I know you will be well taken care of here.

Besides, Druids can still lift heavy things! In fact, some of them can probably lift heavy things with their minds.

• Like 2

Meditation with music is a bit like squatting in a smith machine...

Yes music helps a lot with meditation.

But before leaving the forest somewhen you should try it without =)

It might feel like learning deadlifts starting with 1.5 x bodyweight... But you can't get hurt =)

Have fun!