• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Spezzy switches things up

added a tracker in my initial post to track to see how i am doing :)

yesterday i took a bath and did some math problems = my time to myself

today i tried rock climbing for the first time (and that counts as an hour for me as well)

Hi and welcome :) I'm Bekah, Nice to "meet" you! I hope by the end of the challenge you feel more at home here.

I never would have thought to do math for time to myself, but I think it's an awesome use of your free time :) I love using bath salts for a good soak in the tub, if you haven't tried them before AuraCacia makes some really good ones. Like everyone else, I liked the video intro, it adds a personal touch.

Thank you :) It's a bit weird being here, honestly :)  A lot out of my element, but I like it, and thanks for the warm welcome!

I definitely need to work on meditation and yoga and all of that.  Going to try for 20 mins before bed tonight with no phone or anything, just relaxing music!

I am looking forward to seeing how this went...how did you like the rock clinbing by the way? I love it!

Thank you :) It's a bit weird being here, honestly :)  A lot out of my element, but I like it, and thanks for the warm welcome!

I definitely need to work on meditation and yoga and all of that.  Going to try for 20 mins before bed tonight with no phone or anything, just relaxing music!

How did the meditation turn out? For most it is REALLY difficult in the beginning, and it can be easier with a shorter time.

Meditation with music is a bit like squatting in a smith machine...

Yes music helps a lot with meditation.

But before leaving the forest somewhen you should try it without =)

It might feel like learning deadlifts starting with 1.5 x bodyweight... But you can't get hurt =)

Have fun!

I definitely need to get better at meditation.

Tried floating for the first time (the dark room floating in salt water) last week and loved it.  Will definitely do that again.

Hi and welcome :) I'm Bekah, Nice to "meet" you! I hope by the end of the challenge you feel more at home here.

I never would have thought to do math for time to myself, but I think it's an awesome use of your free time :) I love using bath salts for a good soak in the tub, if you haven't tried them before AuraCacia makes some really good ones. Like everyone else, I liked the video intro, it adds a personal touch.

I am looking forward to seeing how this went...how did you like the rock clinbing by the way? I love it!

Hi and thank you :)

Math = fun

I'll have to check out AuraCacia salts!

I liked the rock climbing but it was also a work event so definitely not as much rock climbing as I would have liked :)

I love your face. And awwwwwwww, Spezzy's making new friends :D

i miss my warriors :)

How did the meditation turn out? For most it is REALLY difficult in the beginning, and it can be easier with a shorter time.

I haven't tried yet :)

One take :) I had written my goals down in a notebook before so I knew WHAT they were, and had kind of talked it out in my head just like I would have done if I was writing the challenge out, but then just recorded the video. I find the more takes I get for any video the more nervous I get and the worse it gets!  ha!

Ah, okay, so maybe that was my problem all along lol.

I feel ya, where the meditation is concerned. I was trying to do it for the past 2 challenges but kept failing horribly. Will try again in the next one, if I pass this challenge like a boss X)

Wait..what? This is THE Spezzy? Joining us Druids? Excellent! Welcome aboard! Some of us lift! And we're all friendly. Glad you're here!

ha! thanks for the welcome :) 

Nerdster over. Friend visits over. How ya feelin? 

gG0RVvb.gif

a lot better after a day to myself.  introvert meter is back up to about 30%. hoping to be fully recharged by the weekend :)

ha! thanks for the welcome :)

a lot better after a day to myself. introvert meter is back up to about 30%. hoping to be fully recharged by the weekend :)

Interesting , and excellent!!

updated main post.

today i wanted to make beef stock as a new recipe, but went to 2 stores for beef bones and they didn't have them.  so instead of stressing out over a challenge, i decided to hold off.  i'll make that plus new recipes this week.

a few other updates: been working a lot on optimizing personal relationships, past and current. i don't mean just like, dating, but all relationships with everyone.  taking baby steps to get better at this.  Also trying to be less of a hermit and a loner and hanging out with 

and also, always having catspaw in the back of my head going "staci, use your words."

ummmm what else.  training is going really well, as is diet.  been posting a few things here: http://instagram.com/staciardison but will upload a few pics via tapatalk next!

a few other updates: been working a lot on optimizing personal relationships, past and current. i don't mean just like, dating, but all relationships with everyone.  taking baby steps to get better at this.  Also trying to be less of a hermit and a loner and hanging out with 

Optimizing personal relationships can be tricky these days owing to the social media.  A lot of people I know figure they don't have to make phone calls or meet up with people because they can just see what people are doing online.  I applaud you for your efforts with this.  Something that has helped me is to make a call list at the beginning of each week and make sure I check off every name on it.  Just checking in with some old friends has helped reconnect with people.  It's like they forgot how to have a phone conversation.  Good luck with it all.  

Optimizing personal relationships can be tricky these days owing to the social media.  A lot of people I know figure they don't have to make phone calls or meet up with people because they can just see what people are doing online.  I applaud you for your efforts with this.  Something that has helped me is to make a call list at the beginning of each week and make sure I check off every name on it.  Just checking in with some old friends has helped reconnect with people.  It's like they forgot how to have a phone conversation.  Good luck with it all.  

I'm not going to go into too much detail here as this is a public forum, but two things I did do:

1) Made a step towards reconnecting with one of my best friends from high school

2) Emailed someone who used to be a very close friend and I haven't spoken to in years - I had a few things I wanted to say, mainly thank you for being an awesome influence in my life - but  I was very afraid to email and thought I would not hear back and I did.  So that pretty much has made my month.

I've also been not using Facebook as much and actually trying to talk to people about their lives vs. watching them happen through statuses and updates.

I agree on phone calls.  Been trying to be less afraid of the phone.

Emailed someone who used to be a very close friend and I haven't spoken to in years - I had a few things I wanted to say, mainly thank you for being an awesome influence in my life - but  I was very afraid to email and thought I would not hear back and I did.  So that pretty much has made my month.

This is so great! I think I have a bit of that to do when finals are over.

And also . . . DAMN girl, dat progress pic.

/ objectification

It can be so rewarding finally getting that phone call or email och letter done that one has been putting off. I got very inspired reading your story.

Did you have a chance to look at the mini challenges at all? I was thinking of your aim of slowing down and taking care of you. 

It can be so rewarding finally getting that phone call or email och letter done that one has been putting off. I got very inspired reading your story.

Did you have a chance to look at the mini challenges at all? I was thinking of your aim of slowing down and taking care of you. 

NO BECAUSE ive been spending less time online as a part of this. But I just did! And I will TOTALLY DO THESE.  

I can handle those :)