• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Styx

Styx swims against time and space! (Tries to, at least)

After a week, I was finally able to post!

I've been busy because I went on to a Surgical Mission with my father. It was a 2 hour land trip, and then another 2 hours in a ferry. Our day usually started at 7am and ended at about 5-8pm. Needless to say, it was really tiring, but I was able to help some people so it's all good. It was a great experience and I'm hoping to be able to join another one!

Update on my goals:

I tried doing my dryland exercises but by the end of the day I am too tired for it. This sucked but I really cant do anything about it. The time we get home from the hospital to the hotel, my time is allotted to eating my dinner and then lying in my bed and falling asleep almost immediately. 

I tried to compensate by waking up in the morning to run or do my dryland exercises, but I cant wake up earlier than 5, and I have to prepare for the day which starts at 7am. So... there. 

Fortunately we were given a chance to swim in the ocean in the late days of the week when there were less people coming in. I was able to swim and do some laps, but I wasn't able to measure my distance and time due to being in the ocean. Swimming in the ocean was a different experience there were times that I don't notice that I'm a bit far from the shore that it scares me and makes me sprint back :lol:

Well now I'm back home, and my training continues tomorrow!  :onthego:

• Like 1

Wow, sounds like you went out and made a concrete difference in the lives of others. That's awesome, man, good job.

Anyway, times like these are what you train for. Life gets busy from time to time and requires much of you. You train during easier times so that when harder times come, you're ready. You shouldn't hold a lack of training against yourself in the meantime.

And meanwhile, you got to swim in the ocean, which is super cool! That's kind of what the training is for, isn't it?

• Like 1

Hey there! Sounds like you had an awesome time with your father! It's ok if you can't train for a few days. Life happens. I've been trying to convince myself of that, too... It looks to me like you've been working really hard at home, so you deserve a little break, hehe

Swimming in the ocean is a blast :) Where did you go?

• Like 1

Wow, sounds like you went out and made a concrete difference in the lives of others. That's awesome, man, good job.

Anyway, times like these are what you train for. Life gets busy from time to time and requires much of you. You train during easier times so that when harder times come, you're ready. You shouldn't hold a lack of training against yourself in the meantime.

And meanwhile, you got to swim in the ocean, which is super cool! That's kind of what the training is for, isn't it?

Thank you man! Helping others felt awesome too! Now that I'm no longer busy, I'm kinda longing for that feel. I will definitely go on a mission again. 

What Kishi said.

Thanks! :D

Hey there! Sounds like you had an awesome time with your father! It's ok if you can't train for a few days. Life happens. I've been trying to convince myself of that, too... It looks to me like you've been working really hard at home, so you deserve a little break, hehe

Swimming in the ocean is a blast :) Where did you go?

It was not really a tourist spot, but the ocean was really nice, it was clean, and no stingers in the ocean. :D

Sounds like one heck of a trip! And Kishi is full of insight here. You are fighting the good fight, friend.

Thank you! It was really fun!

UPDATE!

Updated my first post on my progress. I had progress on time and distance! Felt great! Will try to beat my time again tomorrow :D

• Like 1

Non-tourist spots are usually so much better than tourist spots. Much quieter and calmer :) When I went to Surfers Paradise, Australia I stayed down the beach a ways from the tourist part and it was so peaceful. Walk down the beach 10-15 minutes and it was insane!

They say helping others is one of the best ways to help yourself :) Giving back to the world, in whatever capacity, is wonderful. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and will go again!!

• Like 1

Non-tourist spots are usually so much better than tourist spots. Much quieter and calmer :) When I went to Surfers Paradise, Australia I stayed down the beach a ways from the tourist part and it was so peaceful. Walk down the beach 10-15 minutes and it was insane!

They say helping others is one of the best ways to help yourself :) Giving back to the world, in whatever capacity, is wonderful. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and will go again!!

Definitely! It feels really great!

UPDATE

did a short swim today for my rest day:

• 50m butterfly
  • 75m backstroke
  • 100m breaststroke
  • 150m freestyle

That was all I could manage today, because we had to go to a mini family reunion, but at least I moved. :D

• Like 1

Sounds like a good session considering it was a rest day! How was the family time?

It was great, and the food was great! :lol: Good thing I was able to resist "some" temptations :lol:

UPDATE

Today's workout:

• 100m Breaststroke
  • 75m freestyle
  • 50m butterfly
  • 50m freestyle @ 34.35s
  • 50m breaststroke @ 46s
  • 50m butterfly @ 51s
  • 100m breastsroke @ 1m 35s
  • 100m freestyle @ 1m 27s

I was able to break my 100m records for breaststroke and freestyle! Mainly I think because instead of saving up some energy. Although I was tired in the end, I was able to finish it a lot faster. :D The problem is my 50m times went slower than my times before because of unknown reasons. But will try to get back on that ;D 

All in all, a good day :D

• Like 1

Well, you know, when you go fast all the time, you find that eventually you just run out of energy. It's not just a matter of running down the phospho-creatine system or depleting glycogen; it's also a matter of causing your central nervous system to fatigue. If you're going balls-to-the-walls all the time, then yeah, absolutely, you're gonna burn out some circuitry.

Of course, that might have just been a one-off thing, and the only way to figure that out is to keep on training and try to identify a trend. ^_^; Good luck!

• Like 1

What news, Styx? You're a bit quiet lately. Still swimming like a Bottlenose Scoutphin I trust...?

• Like 1

I have failed to update this thread because of my schedule, but it is good that I was able to finish my challenge. Although I won't consider it a finished challenge since I was not able to document it. Thank you for everyone who commented and gave me motivations to finish my challenge!

Really excited to get back on taking on challenges! See you all soon. :onthego: