Put 100mi on my new bike

Climb at least one mountain

Finish reading The Zone and Practical Programming for Strength Training

Start reading Anatomy Without A Scalpel

Hold a handstand for 30s

Increase my 1-rep max for overhead squat to 225#

Fix my front rack so that I can front squat without re-injuring my chest

Re-attain my previous strict pull-up PR of 20

I know, my challenge posts are boring :P wish me luck!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

What is your chest injury and how did you do it in a front rack? It couldn't have been nice.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

It concerns me that you tagged your post with "furries." I don't judge anyone for their choices, but it still freaks me right out.

• Like 1

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

What is your chest injury and how did you do it in a front rack? It couldn't have been nice.

Costochondritis. Inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs and the sternum as well as the intercostal tissue.

Because of my poor front rack position (lousy shoulder/elbow mobility), I have a tendency to cheat my elbows down during movements such as front squat, squat clean, and bringing weight down from overhead. This resulted in a lot of barbells striking my clavicle, further resulting in costochondritis.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Oi, shitty. Good luck.

• Like 1

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

I really like your punch list! Are you climbing any mountain, or do you have a one you normally climb?

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I really like your punch list! Are you climbing any mountain, or do you have a one you normally climb?

A new mountain! My options are Ramsey, Carr, and Miller, but Ramsey is on fire right now, so we'll have to see how that pans out.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Yesterday's workout was simply 55x L-pull-up for time (7:49)

Today:

20 minute AMRAP:

buy in = 20 burpees (buy in means I do that once, at the beginning of the workout, not every round)

followed by:

5x 135# cluster (squat clean + thruster)

5x handstand push-up

10x abmat sit-up

Total = 7 rounds + 2 clusters

I like feeling smoked after a workout :)

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Also of note, Sunday I tried out a new movement that I created. I call them snurpees.

Grab barbell in snatch grip, do a burpee (lowering your chest to the bar) while holding onto bar, jump your legs back in, power snatch the bar.

50x 95# snurpees for time: 7:37 good times :D

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Try wall-thrusters next. At the top of your thruster throw the bar at the wall, catch it and drop into your next one. I'd like video, please.

• Like 1

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Just need to find an appropriate wall...

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

A new mountain! My options are Ramsey, Carr, and Miller, but Ramsey is on fire right now, so we'll have to see how that pans out.

oooh, i take it you're in the southwest, then. Looks like it's going to be a brutal fire season! 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

oooh, i take it you're in the southwest, then. Looks like it's going to be a brutal fire season! 

Indeed. We're bracing ourselves here in southern AZ.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Workout was quick and to the point today: 100 burpees for time.

5:51

New 100 burpee PR! Ultimate goal is to be able to average 20 burpees/minute for the whole thing.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Squat cleans!

6x1: 185-205-225-225-235-240 (PR!)

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Squat cleans!

6x1: 185-205-225-225-235-240 (PR!)

niiiice!! Congrats on the new PR!!

Thanks!

Mom visiting. Showing her around and having people over resulted in zero workouts the past two days. Going to destroy myself today.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Finally got around to those workouts I haven't been able to fit in the past few days.

Morning:

Grace:

30x 135# clean and jerk

Time: 3:42

Evening:

5x1 165# snatch (just over 90% of max)

5x3 315# deadlift (75% of 1-rep max)

3x10 strict pull-up

I am relatively pleased with today.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Yesterday:

5x1 160# overhead press

Back to within 5# of my previous PR

Today:

Max box jump:

Hit 49" with a step, 47.5" from a standstill. PR is 50" (from last summer)

5x1 back squat (325, 330, 315, 315, 325)

330 was a 5# PR. Had two fails at 335# after that, hence the drop back to 315 for a couple.

Followed by split jerk practice (first time in 9 months, went alright, all things considered)

Followed by a quick little workout I made up on the spot:

30x 45# thruster

30x toes to bar

30x 53# kettlebell swing

Time = 4:01

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Also of note is that my CrossFit Total (powerlifting total with overhead press substituted for bench press) is now 900#:

405# deadlift

330# squat

165# overhead press

Bench was 220# the last time I did it (around 9 months ago)

Current weight (after lunch today) is 187#

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines