• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kan

[Kan] Again, but 20lbs heavier

Title explained near end. :3

Alright, so I failed my last challenge. I was reasonably consistent in working out most of each week so no harm done. In fact, I feel, and look, better than ever. I can see a faint six pack in my mirror occasionally. I still can't make myself stretch. I'm gonna have to do something there some day. Tl:dr I failed, but this fox isn't out yet. Well, enough on last challenge.

This challenge I'm going back to the "at least 3 full body workouts" a week method. I did much better at that. Suits my lifestyle. I'm going to pop those abs out if at all possible, and I'd like to strengthen my entire upper body. I learned climbing buildings is alot harder than doing pullups. I'm also moving into the park running area as well. Every Tuesday and Thursday if possible. And lastly, I'm going to enforce that diet i started my first challenge. I've not been eating as much lately.

On a related note, a life quest. If possible I'm going to the doctor to get checked for hyperthyroiditis. I had some odd symptoms and googled em. That fit prettt much everything and would explain a lot for me. Hopefully it's not though.

Today was a free heart check at work. I'm doing pretty epic there.

Oh yeah the title. So umm, i bought a weighted vest. Turns out bodyweight workouts are much more effective with 20 extra pounds on the chest. I think I'm safe to do sqauts, pullups, pushups and dips with it on. If anyone wants to talk me out of it, I welcome the good sense XD. I think my tendons are strong enough, i know my muscles can handle it, and i know to quit when i hit my limit. I won't be doing any gymnastics with it. Not yet for certain.

ðŸº

• Like 1

OK today's workout. Walked and jogged at the park with a friend. He's been talking about it for losing weight for weeks, but finally went along. We were gonna speedwalk or jog, but shin splints took him down. Stretching helps with those right? I've been making progress with my endurance. Still a ways to go to get back where i was though.

When i got home, i did 10 hspu's, 10 hands behind head squats with vest, 20 pushups with vest, 10 dips with vest (2 sets of 5 barely), planked for an uncounted time with vest, and finished with 4 sets of df's one leg out. No more vested planks. Felt dangerous for my back. And never again will i eat sphaghetti and drink creatine before doing DF's. You know why.

ðŸº

• Like 1

Sounds like a fun challenge!

As long as you work into the vest in a couple of gradual steps (build up the quantity/time, and make sure your form is solid) I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use it.  Just use good judgement; don't want to see you get hurt!

Yes, stretching helps with shin splints.  So does rest, and easing into things, and good form...and possibly a softer walking surface (grass, rather than concrete).  The scouts would know more.

Hey! I just noticed that you haven't signed up the guild form.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1scdu8yMffc4-roz5twnonx8BHuvUsVpYN4uskgc4MAQ/viewform

It only takes a few seconds and will allow you to be eligible to the Most wanted assassin list and also be added to the Assassin phonebook so that people with similar interests will be able to find you more easily. Also, remember to subscribe to the announcement thread (button "Follow this topic", upper right of the thread), if you don't want to subscribe, make at least sure you read it once a week. It is usually updated on Monday/Tuesday to present the new mini-challenge and Assassin most wanted list.

Good luck with your challenge!

Alright, that should be taken care of now. Sorry about that, forgot it had to be renewed.

Saturday i did 10 hspu, 10 dips, 5 slow pullups, 5 chin ups and some other stuff i can't really recall. Last week was a failure. Only managed 2 workouts. Oh yeah i demonstrated the DF progressions for a friend. Lol. That was the other thing for saturday. Today is a walk/jog/run day at the park. My friend is gonna do his stretches this time.

ðŸº

• Like 1

Wall. Can't keep a free standing for very long at all. Attended wild nights so i didn't really do much last week. Not sure if anything really.

ðŸº

Heh. Suppose I failed this one too. Time flies when you're busy with life. Some more good news though. I cleaned my yard up some, and acquired some tires for boxing practice.

I think I'm going to stop doing challenges in the form of six weeks. If it's OK to do this, and I've seen a few people do it I think, I'm just going to leave this one running until I've fully completed it. Completion goals are to be able to do my usual workout with the 20lb vest on without having any trouble finishing it. Less a challenge, more a regimen? 3 times a week is still the ideal, but with things how they are now I know I won't be able to every week. Also, no more running with the vest on. Damned thing is hot and I'm afraid it hurts my knees more than the little extra effort it requires is worth.

ðŸº

I think it's totally fine to stop doing six week challenges. You could either just maintain a battle log (Assuming you want somewhere to write) or you could sign up for challenges but say your's doing a coule two week mini challenges in the thread.

Last night I did a good warmup. 20 squats, 20 pushups, 5 handstand pushups, planks till I felt em, 20 knees tucked df's and then some light gymnastics followed by 10 bar dips. My triceps thanked me with special burning touch. I'll have to put a focus on those and my legs again.

ðŸº

Oh last time i forgot to say I did pushups and dips in sets of 10 and 5 respectively. This time around I did it all one set. 20 Squats, 20 pushups, the 3 planks, 8 sets of 8 df's with my legs tucked but knees out, and 10 dips. Next time I'll go for at least 15 weighted normal pushups. On the dips I felt a twinging sensation near my elbow. I know it's a warning sign for something, so I'm going to stick with 10 of those for a little while instead of pushing ahead.

Sent from my SHV-E210K using Tapatalk

Managed 200 pushups and my arms are still functioning. Seems I'm rapidly catching back up to where I was.

Mostly. Used a method Waldo talked about. Pyramid pushups. Do one take 5 breaths, do 2 take 5 breaths, do 3 and so on.

Been awhile since i updated. Got in a bit of a lull again, but my forearms have never been better. Oh I got a sword by the way. Hand and a half from Cold Steel. Something very satisfying about swinging that around.

Still here, still doing stuff. Just not so many updates. Beginning to look and feel like I did again. I'm a yoyo muscle gainer i guess lol. Dips have gotten quite difficult for me somehow, so I'm gonna put a focus on them. Hope my walker can stand up to the use.

Still alive, still hanging around. I've been doing exercises, bit I've slacked off alot and lost my wheel so to speak. Alot of the muscle tone in my chest is gone now, so I'll have a fun time getting that back. Easy to build easy to lose for me.

Had s few bumps with tapatalk not working as well. The usual depression coupled with new games to play also contributed :P

So for the last 3 days I've been doing some pretty intense topiary work. Lots of leg work and arm work XD In the heat it's pretty rough as well. So I guess my workouts started last wednesday. Today hasn't been quite as demanding, so when I get home I'm gonna work on my chest and abs again.

Pff so I got home late, started on my abs, then got called back to work. Today did get rougher on me as it went by, so I had droppes the chest work mentally already. But I was looking forward to my abs. I got 3 sets of 8 df's with my knees shins tucked and was surprised at how it wasn't as difficult as I was expecting.

Maybe I'll be close to where I was sooner than expected. For tonight, rest and sleep.

Got a gym membership to help a buddy workout lol. Don't worry guys, I'm still an assassin at heart. Think of it more like playtime for me XD. But at the gym they have a nice body fat percentage calculator. And I'm sitting at a whopping 6 frickin percent. Methinks I should dig into the bacon more often. Worked a little of everything today even though I was tired. Naptime now.