Max Power hits just don't die mode...

Max Power

This has been the last few weeks of my life...

simpsons-gifs-moe.gif

I am out of town for the rest of this week and part of next week, which is going to lead to a lot of catch up at the office over the next few weeks.  On top of that I've got to finish moving everything from my apartment.  And then there's that whole "getting married" thing that's happening next month.  There's a lot going on in MP land these days, so I was thinking about sitting this one out, but here's the thing...

tumblr_lxxowbwXTs1qhkm9yo1_400.gif

So I'm going to do all of that stuff I listed up above there, plus I'm going to get back to that weight liftorium place I used to go a lot.  I'm also going to eat better, but probably not worry about those pesky macros until life settles back down.  

Goal 1:  Don't die.  

Goal 2:  Be more awesome.  

Goal 3:  And because it's not a real challenge until I steal something from Rob... 

what a training max should be

That's a good line, let's see what a Max who is training can do.  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Oh there you are!  :)

tumblr_inline_n0i9jttqkR1r78tnc.gif

That's a good goal. A Max who isn't training gets shown up by Rob in the weight liftatorium thingie. And that shit ain't right...

I started to say that this hotel's weight liftatorium thing wasn't going to cut it, but that would be giving a bad name to weight liftatorium things everywhere.  

you-cant-just-give-up-is-that-what-a-din

You're right, dinosaurs never give up!  

smbc-dinosave_large_copyfix_grande.png?v

Exciting times ahead for MP!  I bet future Mrs. MP will appreciate you not dying before your wedding!

stalky stalky stalk.

You are correct, FMP would be very sad if I was to die from a lack of lifting, which I'm assuming is the only thing that can kill me.  

Yeah, at least make it to the altar so she gets the death benefits from the insurance, etc.....just kidding of course.

Good call, and then I'd have someone to officially avenge my death.  

This hotel has the best hotel gym I have ever seen, and it's still one of the shittiest gyms I've ever seen.  They have crazy amounts of cardio equipment (obviously) plus lots of cable machines and a leg press that only had about a four inch range of motion.  They even had a smith machine!!!  Here's the breakdown of the "workout"  

Treadmill: 10 minutes.  

Leg press:  

3 minutes of figuring it out with various weights.  

300 lbs X 20

400 lbs X 25

400 lbs X 25

At this point, I said screw this thing.  And did this...

Bulgarian Split Squats:  I've never attempted these before, so I practiced a bit. 

BW X 5

40 lbs X 5

40 lbs X 5

At this point I said "to hell with this gym, and I came back up to my room for some lunges..

Lunges:  

15 X 3

Now I feel like it's time for wings and beer.  To the bar!!!

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Wut up MP. Here's an unrelated Simpson gif.

beer.gif

Unrelated Simpsons gifs are always welcome here.  

Ok, quick recap from weekend one.  I got back from ATL on Friday and immediately started packing.  We moved a good bit of my furniture and non-necessities over the past two days.  I didn't get any batch cooking done last night, but I did manage to cook a good lunch for today.  And this morning I did this...

Squats:

45X10

75X5

105X5

135X5

165X5

185X3

225X2

255X1

285X1

Incline DB press:

30X8

35X8

40X8

40X8

40X8

Treadmill:  

10ish minutes.   

A few thoughts on the lifts.  I probably could have gotten 315, but I didn't feel like pushing too hard.  I also kept the volume low so as not to wreck my legs for the rest of the week.  I just did the DB presses for poops and giggles, I need to add some pulls of some sort into that rotation as well.  

Anywho after being out of the office for the past week and a half, I should probably get started on this backlog of paperwork they've piled on me.  

Just wanted to point out the obvious: Moving is a lot easier when you just give away all your stuff before you move.

Also, if you die there will never be another handshake in this wold. Ever. Most people won't know why, but they'll feel it. A few of us will sit reminisce and talk about those we used to greet with handshakes. The youngins won't understand why we're so nostalgic for the past. 

Human Warrior

Congratulations on getting married next month, that is so exciting!

If it helps to commiserate, this has been my life for the last month thanks to Pharmacy School:

slide_246745_1427356_free.gif?1346357086

Oh man, I can't even imagine how stressful pharm school must be, I have a few friends who went through it and they were pretty much hermits the whole time.  

Just wanted to point out the obvious: Moving is a lot easier when you just give away all your stuff before you move.

Also, if you die there will never be another handshake in this wold. Ever. Most people won't know why, but they'll feel it. A few of us will sit reminisce and talk about those we used to greet with handshakes. The youngins won't understand why we're so nostalgic for the past. 

See now you come with this helpful information.  We are planning on having a big yard sale to get rid of our stuff, and whatever is left we'll give away.  

And that handshake motivational speech is ranked up there with two Rocky movies on the inspirational scale.  Maybe that's the business you should be in?  When I met Hermione Gainsler last week, we actually talked about the handshake the you and I are eventually going to have.  It's gonna be big.  

Maaaaaaaaaax.

That is all

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

In my mind this is how you're yelling that.  

rKvv7.gif

Still alive folks.  I've been super busy the past couple of days training new people and finishing up a couple of reports from the last couple of weeks.  Tomorrow is deadlift day, and probably a little OHP, maybe some extras if I'm feeling froggy.  And depending on the weather/DOMS, I will hopefully get some conditioning work in Saturday.  Anywho, I've got a few more minutes to dodge through some threads, then it's back to work!  

Yay wedding and handshakes! Boo training and environmental reports. Hopefully the learning curve is quick and you can push off some workload. Who am i kidding? It neverrrr works that way. Good luck buddy! Keep on keeping on!

Sent from my mobile!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Yay wedding and handshakes! Boo training and environmental reports. Hopefully the learning curve is quick and you can push off some workload. Who am i kidding? It neverrrr works that way. Good luck buddy! Keep on keeping on!

Sent from my mobile!

Actually this girl is pretty quick on the uptake.  She's taking over most of my field work activities!  And we managed to tear up the drill rig while I was there yesterday, so it's pushing that job back for me anyway haha! 

• Like 1

I deadlifted this morning, I don't remember the exact numbers, but I worked up to 405 for a single, and it went up fine, but it wasn't pretty.  There might have even been a little back rounding, and that's bad hoodoo...  I had planned some OHP and probably front squats, but for whatever reason both squat racks were occupied the whole time I was at the gym, and my brain wasn't exactly in gear yet, which meant that I couldn't think of an adequate alternative, so I jumped on the treadmill for my bit, and hoped that the racks would clear out.  No such luck though.  

It's looking like the weekend is gonna be full of moving stuff to the storage room that we're renting.  I wanted my schedule to look more like this...

tumblr_m353uhkSED1qeweuno1_400.gif

But it all has to be moved at some point, might as well start it now.  Hopefully I can work in some time for an actual workout, if not, I'm sure the box/furniture moving will beat me down thoroughly.  

But it all has to be moved at some point, might as well start it now. Hopefully I can work in some time for an actual workout, if not, I'm sure the box/furniture moving will beat me down thoroughly.

It will. And just when you think you're done...

Posted Image

All the stuff in storage will need to be moved and shit too...

There is no signature here.

I have no problem walking away from a big pile of crap and just cutting my losses.  In fact that might be plan A now.  

We got a lot done this weekend, although, there is still a lot to do.  I was beat down Saturday, it was just one of those days where I woke up tired, so I was done after moving all of that stuff.  Yesterday was more cleaning/packing and all was well until I went to bed last night.  I couldn't sleep for crap.  I think I got, maybe, an hour and a half of sleep.   I've already warned the office that if I see anyone drinking my coffee this morning, I will cut them. Anywho, I'm off to do some work and be grumpy for a while.  

aseqyga3.jpg

Everyone should have a wicker love seat in the middle of their kitchen

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Everyone should have a wicker love seat in the middle of their kitchen

Once the rest of the kitchen shows up, the wicker love seat will have to be incorporated somehow...

You can't walk away from the kitty in the box, though!

Keep on not dying, friend!

Yes. Keep on not dying. Unless you're already dead. You're not, are you?

There is no signature here.

Big shagga, good to see you still munching around the joint, and getting MARRIED! Good onya. Back to the liftorium!

Thanks brother! 

You can't walk away from the kitty in the box, though!

Keep on not dying, friend!

I am effectively not dying.  

Once the rest of the kitchen shows up, the wicker love seat will have to be incorporated somehow...

Yes. Keep on not dying. Unless you're already dead. You're not, are you?

Nope still not dead, it was touch and go a couple of days last week though.  

Ok, here's the quick recap for the last week.  I spent the beginning of the week dodging tornadoes, I think there were seven or eight tornado warnings in my immediate area Monday.  The rest of the week was a lot of time on the road, and rearranging schedules from all of the delays the bad weather caused.  In other words, no liftorium work was completed.  We did move a lot of stuff this weekend though, I don't have much of a kitchen left at the moment, so that's going to cause some undesirable foods to be consumed. On the other hand it gives me the excuse to go eat at the awesome Asian place next to my apartment more over the next couple of weeks.  

We are under two weeks until the wedding. And nobody is freaking out, yet...

tumblr_mawknrowpj1r3uro3o4_250.gif?w=551

Holy. CRAP. Less than 2 weeks?!@?!?! That's so exciiiiiiiiiiiitinggggggg!!!!

Don't freak out. Don't be this guy

tumblr_lsglil5Zhs1qalg37o1_400.gif

Or. hey, if you do and you are just remember a hat solves hair problems.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

2 weeks?!?!  That is so close to now!

After it's all over I'm going to hit you up for an analysis of "how much work it was" - the wedding, not the moving.  Every time TheBuddy and I start planning (even though we're not officially engaged yet, we've been together 8 years), I just go "this sounds like too much work, ain't nobody got time for this, let's go have a beer!"

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines