Tialoredron: Adventures in Time and Relative Dimensions in Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Perhaps a bit backwards as this is part of my second 6 week challenge goals, but that isn't the point if you can travel through  time I suppose (even if it is in one direction, you still are traveling through time you lucky time traveler you!)

Where to begin though...

Ahh right, concerning Half-elves. 

I likened myself to an Elf as I seemed to intake as many calories as possible, eating my parents out of the home as a high schooler and even ate as much in college; I seemed to be perpetually stuck at 155 lbs with an active lifestyle between JROTC Drill Team, Band, the B.S.A, as well as other activities that didn't involve working out in a gym.  I went to USAFA in which we were approximated to have a 3000-4000 kcal diet per day, but I still seemed to be only able to maintain 155 lbs. I avoideed the gym until my Junior year when my roomate and I decided we were going to turn our lives around and make fitness part of our lives after we discontinued Drum and Bugle Corps to focus on improving our GPAs. Through motivating each other, we went to the gym, spotted for each other and worked on improving our form as we increased our weight. I had noticed my body fat percentage was improving as my muscles became defined as opposed to the stick and bones i considered myself doomed to. After graduating and moving to my first assignment, I lost my motivation to work out, especially in gyms and found myself reasoning unit PT was enough to live with.  It wasn't until a few weeks before my first challenge that my doctor noticed I had high blood pressure and I had gained 10 pounds without looking like I had. A recheck showed my blood pressure was lower than what was first diagnosed, but still was still high enough to notice my health is really important to me.  Remembering we had once looked at this site, I decided it was time to join the Rebellion and not let the fear of an unstructured character system hold me back. Lo and behold the RPG system had some more guidelines than what my roomate and I first looked at and I jumped in with both feet off of a 10m platform (yeah, it happened like that).  As I had finally gained weight and my health was not as stellar as I had once thought, I believed Half-elven is my race.  It embarrasses me to say, but my first workout resulted in a week of recovery as I had neglected to work out for 6 months and thought i could manage my previous workouts.  Realizing this error, I have begun to schedule time for working out and have (mostly) followed through. 

Yesterday was my first time back in the gym to toss weights since graduating from the Academy. I was only able to make it halfway through the workout; I had realized I had lost my memory of the form for a straight leg dead lift and I walked out of the gym  embarrassed at myself.

Today has mixed feelings, as I could only complete the minimum number of reps for pushups of the PFA, but I maxed the situps and ran 10:41 for the 1.5 mile run; resulting in a score of 91.6 from a score of 94.6 back in September when I was still riding the life of ease an relying on workouts done three months ago.

Although a bit akward, I took a look in the mirror and admired myself as I noticed my abs were coming back, even maybe a bit more pronounced and I realize that the first 6 week challenge did work out for me even though I only accomplished half of my goals.

I am currently 5'11" at approximately 160 lbs, but I am not considering weight loss or gain as my exclusive goal. I am currently working on improving my health by working out regularly and improving those workouts a little each time.

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

The Volleyball game didn't go as well as I had hoped; played only half the game with B-team and felt liike I had underpreformed. I also felt bundles of energy at the end of the match and wanted to keep playing/practicing to improve.  Next game isn't until the 28th, maybe Teusday and Thursday next week I can find a partner to work on the bump, set, spike combo that we desperately lacked or talk to our coach to get the B-team a few practices in during our down week next week.

Half-elven Ranger

Unfortunately, skipped my workout last night due to roomate issues, but had a great time at Unit PT this morning! We were actually rained out for our normal sports PT, so we relocated to the gym, in which some worked out in the gym in the boring traditional way while the rest of us took a racquet ball court and played dodgeball and cricket/kickball afterwards.  After about an hour, the guys who used the traditional gym had isolated patches of sweat rolling off of them while the rest of us were drenched head to foot.  Playtime FTW; crazy how I felt like I would be so mature at 24, yet still finding childhood games awesome, especially when they provide more of a workout than drudging myself into the gym.

As it so happens, I had left my boots back home (SUCK!) and didn't want to drive 40-45 minutes back home then 40-45 minutes back, so I went to the Uniform Replacement store to pick up some new boots as I needed them anyways.  While there, I also bought a backpack to start my own personal WSHTF bag along with a few supplies for it.  Definitely spent more than what I had planned for today, but I will be able to handle it (Haters are trying to dis the bag, but I don't care what they say; I got a new bag and WSHTF for real, I will be glad I have the peace of mind in only grabbing one thing as I head out the door).  I am pretty excited on getting this ready especially as Hurricane Season is just right around the corner for us Floridians.   

Half-elven Ranger

T-session went well yesterday, worked on keeping my elbows close to my body on the pushups and reduced my rest time. Today I am going for my 1.5 mile run as I forgot to bring my workout clothes to work today; switching running day workouts around. Guild's mini challenge is for a Kettle Bell workout, which I may switch in for my abs day considering I really do want to work on upper body strength and the burpies will help.

Half-elven Ranger

Kettle Bell workout completed yesterday, next time  I will use two jugs of water for the Kettle Bell replacement.  Today was awesome with a mix of suck, played two games of Ultimate Frisbee this afternoon for 20 minutes each along with doing my Chest Attack workout, but only got to 1x6 35 lbs before muscle failure. Ended the day with a sunburn since I didn't wear sunscreen, but hopefully doesn't turn out too bad. All that is left is just a sprint workout tomorrow and then rest for two days; considering doing some dynamic stretching though.

Half-elven Ranger

Sunscreen would have been very beneficial, the back of the legs, hands, and all of my face itch but I don't want to touch or move anything.  I had a good sprint workout involved with the two Ultimate Frisbee games along with a Soccer game this morning during Unit PT, but I would like to have a dedicated workout time for my own workout goals.  I did state for the challenge I would count Unit PT, so I technically did complete my running days by combining it with a Strength day. Lesson Learned: If I mean to be more restrictive in my workout regiment, be more restrictive in my goals to avoid scope creep (lol, project creep; its funny, becuase...engineer who works with managers...joke...haha? meh, whatever.)

Half-elven Ranger

Schedule for the week:

Monday: Volleyball Game

Body Weight Workout Training Session

Teusday: Running Day (Pyramid Sprints)

Wednesday: Volleyball Game

Gym Workout (Leg Destroyer)

Thursday: Body Weight Workout Abs

Friday: Unit PT

Running Day (at least 1.5 miles)

Saturday: Rest (D&D Game Session in afternoon)

Sunday: Meditate (D&D Game Session in afternoon; different character from above)

Half-elven Ranger

So far this week has not been going according to plan; I completed the Body weight workout on Monday; Tuesday's run was cancelled due to storms throughout Northwest Florida and State of Emergency being declared (enter panic survival mode and dropped all workout goals); Wednesday I stayed home due to closing of work and to finish wrapping up survival business; Today I plan to continue and work out with Body Weight Abs in addition to running 1.5 miles; Tomorrow I will complete the Leg Destroyer routine after work and run again.

Half-elven Ranger

This past week did not go as planned unfortunately; I did not get the Leg Destroyer or the second run in; nor did I accomplish a bodyweight workout this weekend to make up for the lost workout(s). I was also disappointed in our DM for Saturday's game: our party was wiped by an EL/CR 4; even though we were all 4th level, so we roll up some new characters and get ready to get into it.  Cool, new characters ready to roll; but DM seemed more interested in fooling with newfound girlfriend...freakin awesome! (sarcasm!); all other concerned players were not very amused either.  Exploring my local games shop I found Castle Ravenloft for v3.5 and I am ready to take back the DM reigns if this weekend shows he isn't able to seperate game time from girlfriend time. With that, I was able to get my meditation time in, albeit through studying the Ravenloft module, but it still accomplished the purpose.

Half-elven Ranger

Schedule for the week:

Monday: Body Weight Workout Abs

Teusday: Running Day (Pyramid Sprints)

Wednesday: Gym Workout (Leg Destroyer)

Thursday: Body Weight Training Session

Friday: Unit PT

Running Day (at least 1.5 miles)

Saturday: Rest (D&D Game Session in afternoon)

Sunday: Meditate (D&D Game Session in afternoon; different character from above)

Kettle Bell Workout

Half-elven Ranger

Abs workout completed; yesterday was a bit akward as a surprise Volleyball game happened.  Played front row exclusively switching out when it was my turn in the back row; had some pretty aewsome sets and blocks, but no spikes (just decent third touches usually).  Played three games first two to 25 and third one to 15, we unfortunately lost but I had a lot of fun! Today is Leg Destroyer day (10x10 Back Squats) and very nervous about it, but I brought my workout clothes today so it shall be done! I may also be adding in an hour of swimming on Teusday and Thursday as a few of my coworkers are training for a Triathlon almost every morning; T/Th are their swim days and I just haven't been swimming in forever.  This will require some serious motivation as I am not a morning person at all, but a good group of friends should fix that, right? I am thinking of keeping T/TH as run/swim days and do one per week or swim mornings and run evenings or even vice versa, super undecided.

Half-elven Ranger

Leg day went amazing! Only had 30 extra pounds on the bar, but warmup and cooldown went smoothly.  I had forgotten that amazing feeling of doing body weight squats immediately after weighted back squats; I felt like I could go for days even though they were deeper than any I had ever done before.  As for the actual workout, I am pretty sure I could only squat until my thighs/legs were parallel but this time I was able to watch myself (Handy Dandy Mirrors behind the Squat Rack) and I saw I was easily breaking 90 and getting way low.  Next time I will add on a bit more weight, I was able to complete with a bit of struggle, but I do not think an extra 10 pounds will put me into failure. 

Unfortunately, I missed swim practice this morning. I will complete my body weight training circuit, but it may be time to put in gym time twice a week as my motivation for the training session is diminishing.  I still feel a great burn for my Ab workout, but I am no longer seeing any real improvement in the training session.

Half-elven Ranger

CRAZYCRAZYCRAZY week these past two weeks; failed to workout at all last week (except for Unit Sports PT) and this week doesn't look any better. I was swamped with work as our customers have been making changes to the gameplan for our tests resulting in lots of stress and working past the clock (no Overtime becuase military) but that all is ok; I can handle stress...seemingly at the cost of working out and downtime when I get home.  By the time I got home after work, I had enough energy to cook meals, eat, then go to sleep before waking up early in the morning and still being tired.  I even worked this past weekend for prep and conducting the tests and waasn't able to get my regularly scheduled game times in; I suppose I am truly a gamer as I am dissapointed that I missed these games.  I will be missing the games for the next two weekends as well; heading back home for this weekend to visit parents and next weeking I will be at the Civil War reenactment.  Unfortunately the MudRun didn't happen and my buddy decided not to do it since I dropped out (SUCK for both of us) so it looks like I will have to wait for the next run and add in that challenge for a bucket list on my main questline.  Doesn't look like this challenge will be my level up, but perhaps I can get better advice for creating a variable goal accomplishment rather than the pass/fail system I prefer; it is rather dissapointing that I think I have these great goals that I should be able to accomplish with no problems and failing due to a wrench being thrown in my perfect system and not seeing the online progress of leveling up even though I feel better about myself just showing up and working on these positive improvements. 

Half-elven Ranger

Back to it again!

New challenge is up. During the break week, I had the oppurtunity to have a run and swim clinic with a coworker who participates in tri-athelons. Thought I would hate getting up early to travel on base, but the travel was pleasant as there was no traffic and the workout felt amazing! I may make morning workouts a regular thing.

With that, I have accomplished running 3 miles yesterday, but i did not keep track of how many laps I swam today. From what I remember, I swam 1 lap side stroke, 4 lengths front crawl, and 2 laps front crawl.  But it would be more accurate to replace front crawl, with anti-drowning. Rather embarassing as I was a trained Lifegaurd what seems like eons ago and have forgotten the fundamentals of efficient swimming. If I continue swimming as a workout, or even contemplate completing a tri, I will need to get my face back into the water again.

Half-elven Ranger

Schedule for the week:

Monday: Run 5k, record time [30:05]

Teusday: Bodyweight Abs

Wednesday: Gym Workout

Thursday: Run/Swim

Friday: Unit PT/Bodyweight Tranining session

Saturday: Rest/ DM D&D Castle Ravenloft

Sunday: Rest

Notes; Tabata workout can be supplemented for any bodyweight and run workouts.

So far so good on meeting this challenge head on! [apply directly to the forehead...]  CRAP! itsstuckinmyhead getiitoutgetitoutgetitout!!!!!

Half-elven Ranger

Abs workout completed yesterday, still struggling with 30 seconds on 20 seconds off. I seem to have hit my time limit; I may reduce the overall time frame to 20 seconds on 10 seconds off or completely replacing bodyweight workouts and start another circuit/routine.

I didn't get up early this morning for the gym workout as the rain sounded so lovely while I was sleeping.  I have brought my gym clothes to work so I am ready for my post-work gym time.

For this week, considering I have done 5k run and abs already, I am planning on doing chest attack for this week’s gym workout.  Speaking of workouts, I noticed that this particular thread contains none of my workouts.

Training Session:

30 seconds exercise with 20 second rest

3x :30 Pushups

3x :30 Burpies

3x :30 High Knees

3x :30 Body Squats

3x :30 Reverse Pushups

3x :30 Jump Lunges

3x :30 Reverse Lunges

Ab Attack:

30 seconds exercise with 20 second rest

3x :30 Air Bike

3x :30 Mountain Climbers

3x :30 Hand-on-ground Sit ups

3x :30 Sit Ups

3x :30 Left Side Crunch

3x :30 Right Side Crunch

3x :30 Double Leg Lifts

3x :30 Beach Bodies

3x :30 Center Plank

3x :30 Right Side Plank

3x :30 Left Side Plank

20 Minute Drill:

15 Body Weight Squats, 10 Pushups, 5 Pull ups

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes

Vert Jump Workout:

Weights to be included

5x10 Cleans superset with 5x10 Front Squat

5x10 Back Squat

Chest Attack:

Weights to be included

2x10 Dumbbell Press Warmup weight

2x10 Dumbbell Press Medium Weight

2x8 Dumbbell Press Medium+ Weight

1x6 Dumbbell Press Heavy Weight

5x10 Slanted Bench Press superset with Pushups

Back Attack:

Weights to be included

2x10 Deadlift Warmup

5x10 Deadlift

4x10 Straightleg Deadlift

4x10 T-Bar Row

4x10 Row

Leg Destroyer:

Weights to be included

2x10 Back Squats Warmup Weight

10x10 Back Squats Medium Weight

Kettle Bell Workout:

7 rounds of each exercise working out 30 seconds on 20 seconds off of Kettle Bell Swing, Burpies, and then Kettle Bell Squats

Interval Sprints:

6x400m

Pyramid Sprints

1x200m

1x400m

1x600m

1x800m

1x800m

1x600m

1x400m

1x200m

Half-elven Ranger

So, just completed level 2 of the Angry Birds workout; 3 stars on the squats, 2 stars on the push up, 2 stars on the inverted rows, and 3 stars on the plank. I need a rest day :( I was hoping to attempt level 4 of the workout, but muscle fatigue and failure won out today.  At least it is only Unit PT tomorrow, meaning really quick sprints on the field.

Half-elven Ranger

Unit PT went super well, was able to get out of the goalie position and played defense/mid field on gatorball/soccer. Recovery days have been super beneficial, but stayed active by going bowling yesterday; highest score of three games was 124.  I was personally hoping to break 150, but that will require time back in bowling.

Schedule for the week:

Monday - Gym Workout/Bodyweight T-sess

Tuesday - Running day [1.5 mile]

Wednesday - Gym Workout

Thursday - Swim Session/Bodyweight Abs

Friday - Unit PT/Running Day/Bodyweight Abs [if not accomplished Thursday]

Half-elven Ranger

Super suckage......

Woke up this morning, ready to face the day; uniform on, lunch prepared, heading out to the truck, and then "uhh...where is my ID?...well...crap." Back inside I go, check my usual places. No luck...K, how bout my pants from last night?....Nope....well piss....Call to my Boss so he knows; going to DMV to get a replacement Driver's License to get a Visitor's pass to get on base to report a lost military ID [both ID and driver's license were together]. Research stated I only needed a form of identification such as Social Security Number and mail for proof of residency in FL; Arrive and it turns out I need a birth certificate or passport for proof of US residency..."Ok, cool, no problem" [but really?!?!?!]...back online to get birth certificate.  "Need picture ID"...

(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

At least I got a chance to clean my house I suppose.  Haven't completed my workout yet. I will accomplish it tonight, probably around 8:30...super rage mode active.

Half-elven Ranger

Downloaded a new app for my phone to help with keeping track of my run times and length and tested it out yesterday for my 1.5 mile run. According to the app, I completed 1.51 miles in 11:32, which I consider strange as I can normally run it in sub 10:40's.  Perhaps I was slowing down as cars traveled past me and elevation change of 30 ft, but a full minute difference between a track and street time?  perhaps next week I will bring my track running gear to work and see if I can run my normal time given on a track.

I am planning on doing my Back Attack workout as well.

Half-elven Ranger

I need to create a spreadsheet for my workouts so i can quickly track what dates I have accomplished my workouts with what weights.  I spend some time attempting to Gather Information check within the forums and my own content, but find that it can be difficult to find the exact information I want (-5 modifier for difficulty).  Luckily, Excel is pretty easy to use, but I was wondering if anyone had their own system that really works well.

Anywho, warm up included static stretching along with deadlifting the bar [45 lbs.]  The workout was accomplished with 65 on the first rep and 85 lbs for the remainder of the workout.  I did use the row machine, but i neglected to write down what my time, resistance, and distance "traveled" was.

Half-elven Ranger

I neglectected the Abs circuit for a modified Angry Birds workout in which I completed in total 100 reps of squats, 50 push ups, and 15 inverted rows.  I have noticed a severe lacking ability in my pull muscles, but I also wonder how much of it is just fatigue due to previous workouts [deadlift x 100 reps along with 100 reps of rows. 

Today's Unit PT went well with an additional 40 pushups as well as half the game playing mid/defence and half goalie. 

Half-elven Ranger

The weekend saw to a good game this Saturday; during the previous week, my players had to retreat from the first encounter within the village of Barovia and spend the night outside of town as it was being overrun.  This week I was able to invite 2 players [one I had previously DMed with and another a good friend of two other players] and they seemed to handle the encounter significantly better.  I may raise the challenge level a bit to accomodate the additional players, but one will be leaving soon due to job movement.

Sunday was a perfect lazy day in which I spent the majority of the time cleaning my townehouse and started watching Breaking Bad [super late, I know] but without having to drag myself to another game session on Sunday thinking about work the next day, I felt super relaxed.  I will be giving up my Sunday game in favor of having the day to myself to work/slob around the house as needed.

Schedule for the week:

Monday: Bodyweight Workout

Tuesday: Run Session [track 1.5 miles]

Wednesday: Gym Workout

Thursday: Gym Workout [backup]/Bodyweight Workout [Abs]

Friday: Unit PT/Aerobic Workout

Half-elven Ranger