First Full-Length Challenge: By Demons Be Driven

Deep in the Void, the scent of sulfur swirling in the air, was the great demon Verrzinek, contemplating what he may do today to humor himself and his minions that had not already been done this man. “Man… humph†he thought to himself. He leapt from his throne, extending his great wings, if only to show his great size and power, landing mere inches from his prisoner plaything. “Today will be the day I break you boy!†he howled with a roar so great and thunderous it reverberated through the entirety of the Void. Verrzinek had spent a considerable amount of time torturing the poor souls that wound up in this place. And in the eons he had spent here, he had become very good at his craft. He never grew weary of his job. It’s how he breeds lessor demons. He takes their spirit. Their love. Their will. He exists only to break and torture men, but for some inexplicable reason, he had taken a special liking to this man. He wants to mold him to fit into his army, build him up to be his right hand in this hell. He has just yet to find the solid breaking point for him… but he feels he is close. And his senses are never wrong. A noticeable grin came across his wolf like maw as he continued to stare down upon Lesok.

Lesok, had gone to see glory in the battle of Unthanar. He had led his tribe into battle, as he had so many times before, when he had fell at the hands of his attackers. These attackers seemed like humans, but more like the ghosts of their former selves. Lesok’s body vanished, and soul with it. He had been pulled to another plane, at the wishes of Verrzinek, to undergo a transformation. He had been beaten and tortured, even had most the flesh ripped from his bones, only to heal for the torment to begin again. He knew what the great demon’s plan was, and thought on several occasions that all was lost. But during the days, weeks, months, years (?) that he had been held captive here he had begun to pay close attention to the habits of the denizens of the Void…. And soon he would gain the strength needed to break these infernal shackles, defeat Verrzinek, and escape the dark, demented, and damned place and return to his own plane. His greatest battle is just beginning…..

To do this Lesok must become stronger and train to fight.

­­­­­­­­so, I’m not entirely new to exercise but I’ve been more than in a lax state from November (2013) through February (2014). I’m trying to get back on track now, and here is how I, err I mean Lesok, plans to do it… 

Main Quest: increasing strength and lose fat to get to 14% or less body fat (per this 6 week challenge)

1.       Increase bench press max from 295lbs to 325(new pr)

2.       Increase back squat max from 365 to 405(new pr)

3.       Increase dead lift max from 315 to 365(new pr)

To do this he must:

1.       Lift heavy weights 3 days a week(probably doing a 5x5)[sTR]

2.       Must attend boxing/kickboxing 2 times a week(you know to make sure Lesok can fight his way out of the Void)[DEX,STA,CON]

3.       Do hiit training at least 1 day a week.[sTA]

Life Quest: try to maintain a more positive outlook

1.       Wake up and write something positive on my marker board. [CHA]

2.       Spend at least 1 night per week either writing or reading(as it helps “get me awayâ€)[WIS]

Side Quest:

1.       Maintain good eating habits[CON]

2.       Allow myself only 1 cheat day per fortnight

3.       Create my RLRP

****ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO ALLOCATE POINTS WELCOMED****

• Like 6

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

If I ever have a heavy thing that needs lifting, I know who to ask

*tags you was warrior*

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

going fairly well, sorry for the delay in responding.. had an eventful weekend thus far. 

How you getting on with the challenge so far?

Great opening posts and some damn solid lifts. Hows it going?

challenge has started well, i lifted 3 times last week, attended boxing twice, and managed to do some trail biking yesterday (first time ever :D). so far i think i'm on track to meet my goals. i'm trying to gradually up my cardio, thinking of signing up for my 2nd 5k in a few weeks. think it could be too much too soon?

thanks for the support, i know i'll need all i can get 

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

How about your Positive Thoughts goal, have you managed that one too? ;)

(Also very important IMO)

that has actually been the most difficult, but i'm definitely giving my best effort. trying to control small frustrations that are out of my hands and the like, which was difficult this past week as my vehicle had some issues tuesday. i've mostly been writing lyrical one liners that hit home to me. gradual progress right? 

and it may be the most important, as poison in the mind can poison the body.

• Like 2

going fairly well, sorry for the delay in responding.. had an eventful weekend thus far.

challenge has started well, i lifted 3 times last week, attended boxing twice, and managed to do some trail biking yesterday (first time ever :D). so far i think i'm on track to meet my goals. i'm trying to gradually up my cardio, thinking of signing up for my 2nd 5k in a few weeks. think it could be too much too soon?

thanks for the support, i know i'll need all i can get

It sounds like a lot but if you feel like you can do it theres nothing like having something specific to train for

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

It sounds like a lot but if you feel like you can do it theres nothing like having something specific to train for

yeah, i wanted to challenge myself and think i aimed kinda high. it will not deter me though. with the NF army backing me, i should be damn near unstoppable. 

yeah, i wanted to challenge myself and think i aimed kinda high. it will not deter me though. with the NF army backing me, i should be damn near unstoppable.

haha nothing wrong with aiming high, long as your working hard to attain it and you are

• Like 1

yeah, i'm just going one workout at a time, one day at a time. 

• Like 2

I like this thread.  Your baseline lifts make my PR's look like crap.  haha.  Sounds like you've got a good challenge here, and are off to a pretty good start.  Keep it up man! 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I like this thread.  Your baseline lifts make my PR's look like crap.  haha.  Sounds like you've got a good challenge here, and are off to a pretty good start.  Keep it up man! 

thanks Oramac i appreciate it. however, i'm being forced to take about a week off (hopefully not more) as i seemed to have injured my back :/

Damn man that sucks, lower back right? Mine can be a right shit on occasion.

yeah, it's my lower back. right around belt line. slightly above to slightly below. i'm hoping it will be well by wednesday. i'm still debating going to a doctor or not. 

thanks Oramac i appreciate it. however, i'm being forced to take about a week off (hopefully not more) as i seemed to have injured my back :/

Ouch.  Sorry to hear that man. But it's definitely better to take the time off to prevent further injury.  I can relate actually.  My knee has been giving me a lot of trouble lately, so I'm doing more or less the same thing.  Here's hoping we both get it sorted out! 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

yeah, it's my lower back. right around belt line. slightly above to slightly below. i'm hoping it will be well by wednesday. i'm still debating going to a doctor or not.

Honestly going to see the docs cant hurt, pays to be careful eith back health.

Ouch.  Sorry to hear that man. But it's definitely better to take the time off to prevent further injury.  I can relate actually.  My knee has been giving me a lot of trouble lately, so I'm doing more or less the same thing.  Here's hoping we both get it sorted out! 

agreed. further injury would devastate me right now. 

Honestly going to see the docs cant hurt, pays to be careful eith back health.

yeah, i went to the dr yesterday. gave me some anti inflammatory and muscle relaxers. seems to agree that it's just a pulled muscle. and advised me to stay on the sidelines at least until this saturday. so i guess my challenge has hit a slight speed bump.

• Like 1

yeah, i went to the dr yesterday. gave me some anti inflammatory and muscle relaxers. seems to agree that it's just a pulled muscle. and advised me to stay on the sidelines at least until this saturday. so i guess my challenge has hit a slight speed bump.

Just remember: once you get past a speed bump, you get to speed back up.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Them's warrior goals for sure.

Like the backstory.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

and finally got back into the gym yesterday :) the weights were heavier than i remembered them being. 

Haha! Yeah, that's a bugger! ;) good to see you're still in the game though.

yeah, i'm doing what i can. can't give up that easily.  :positive:

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines