God I hope I don't screw this up

I'm afraid that's what I always think whenever I start something new. Not the best frame of mind, but I like to look at it as my being excited to start something new and give it my very best.

A little about me. I've struggled with my weight ever since I was in grade school. My mom, bless her, was raised Southern and that was the majority of my diet growing up (SO very tasty and SO very BAD for you!). I stand at 5'11" and I was at my heaviest in college, clocking in at about 200lbs even. I freaked out and started on a diet program called Medifast that same week. I wasn't educated in nutrition, so this seemed like my best option, and to their credit I did lose 50lbs. Once I was off, I realized I knew absolutely nothing about what I should be eating and what I should be doing to stay in shape.

Now fast forward 5 years later, I've been able to keep my weight stable for the most part, but I'm just now realizing that counting the pounds on the scale is not the way to go. I want to be healthy and strong, something I hope to acheive here with all you lovely people!

Hats off to you, my fellow nerds! I look forward to getting to know you guys.

• Like 2

No trees were killed to post this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

---------------

Dali won't be joining us for dinner. He's ordering a bicycle from room service.

Welcome fellow newbie lady :) 

I've been doing a lot of weight-training (inspired by this site) for around a month and I can say you will see results and it won't take too long. If you need motivation come to the forums (I always get in the mood to work out when I read up on other people's success!) or feel free to PM me if you're having trouble getting into it. 

• Like 1

Level:  1 | Race: Khajiit| Druid  

STR: 0  | DEX: 1 | INT: 5  | CON: 2 |  WIS: 1  | CHA: 1

=Battle Scroll=

Welcome fellow newbie lady :)

I've been doing a lot of weight-training (inspired by this site) for around a month and I can say you will see results and it won't take too long. If you need motivation come to the forums (I always get in the mood to work out when I read up on other people's success!) or feel free to PM me if you're having trouble getting into it. 

Hey thanks! I can already tell by your name that we're gonna be friends (I almost went with ArcaneArcher).

No trees were killed to post this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

---------------

Dali won't be joining us for dinner. He's ordering a bicycle from room service.

Welcome aboard, why would you screw up? And even if you do (as we all do on occassion) its not the end of the world just a minor stumble on the journey.

Its easy to eat a couple of biscuits and get into the mindset of thinking your diet has been ruined forever or I was to lazy/exhausted/crap day to work out and give up for good. I have been there, done that and bought the T shirt.

This site is awesome for its support and the people who post on it, best fitness and nutrition site on the web by far.

My tag line is a reminder to me and its also true.

Good luck on your quest anddont be a stranger.

• Like 2

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

Welcome!  I lol'd at your signature, however, I have spoken with numerous valence electrons and they consider themselves travellers of sorts and enjoy the various trips we send them on.

• Like 2

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]