• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Liberator

Liberator's 4th Challenge: Cleaning up my diet, body, mind & home

Grilled artichokes are questionable. They were irritating the roof of my mouth. :/  Another favorite food! I am going to wait to see and give them another chance on a day I am all clear to run a better trial. 

I think this challenge is becoming only about working through my diet and finding food that nurture me and make me feel good. It takes a lot out of me just doing that. So instead of beating myself up for not doing all the other stuff, I am doing to focus on my diet. If I get some exercise in that's just bonus!

I have only been to the weight room twice this challenge and I am missing it. I do think I benefit from the lifting, good hormone release!

I will do it when I can.

I have been losing a few pounds I was 145 at the start and I am down to 142, but it changes all the time. My size 6 stuff is fitting better, a little looser. So even if I am not getting the workouts I feel I am making progress.

The main goal is to be healthy and feel good!

• Like 3

I am grateful for the support of my friends.

I am grateful for awesome students who love to create art.

I am grateful for words of encouragement.

I am grateful for the ability to communicate with others through words and deeds.

I am grateful for a Kohl's near by quick shopping to get underwear and socks for the boys.

I am grateful for an enjoyable meal with my family.

I am grateful for second-chances.

I am grateful for bright yellow daffodils and forsythia reminding me the sunshine is on it's way.

I am grateful for moments of writing and reflection.

I am grateful for music and art in my life.

I am grateful for friendly faces and someone to talk to during art shows.

I am grateful for the person who brought guacamole and chips to the art opening, delicious and no reaction!

I am grateful for my bulletproof mail package.

I am grateful for a new month.

I am grateful for encouraging words from friends.

I was able to lift on thursday, still working with empty bar (45lb.), working on form. :)

Squats (5x5), overhead press (3x5) & deadlift (1x5), oh, my!

Even with an empty bar it is kinda scary, but a good scary. :)

My skin is looking better.

I am getting better about avoiding foods that cause a reaction. Sometimes I give in to temptation but then dealing with the consequences afterward builds up your willpower to resist the temptation the next time. When I am out at a restaurant or a party I will limit myself to one thing I am unsure if I will react to so I can clearly see if it causes a reaction. So even if I have to deal with the reaction I can learn something more about my food choices. Last night it was guacamole and chips, no problem! yeah! If I do have a reaction I take charcoal to help clean out my gut.

My eyes are still very dry. It is the next thing I am going to get checked out. 

I haven't checked my measurements in a while but clothes are fitting better and I am fitting back into clothes I wore two years ago when I was 135 and eating only salad and yogurt. I am feeling much better than I was back then, no headaches or hunger. I think the Bulletproof coffee with all the fats (ghee & MCT oil) really helps feed the brain and stop headaches.

I think less about my measurements and more about when I can get back to the weight room. I am much more concerned about the way  I feel vs. the way I look and feel much more positive about my body. Life is good! :)

• Like 3

I am grateful for my voice, I never learned to sing, at least not the "right" notes :) , but the voice is one of those things that is unique to you, like your fingerprints, never to be duplicated.

I am grateful for my laugh, I love to laugh and I get a chance each day at work to laugh, I think my students work at trying to make me laugh… I think there should be more laughter in schools!

I am grateful for being liked at work, my mistakes and less than wise decisions seem to be forgiven easier because I am generally well liked.

I am grateful for the hopefulness of spring.

• Like 1

I am grateful for my voice, I never learned to sing, at least not the "right" notes :) , but the voice is one of those things that is unique to you, like your fingerprints, never to be duplicated.

I am grateful for my laugh, I love to laugh and I get a chance each day at work to laugh, I think my students work at trying to make me laugh… I think there should be more laughter in schools!

I am grateful for being liked at work, my mistakes and less than wise decisions seem to be forgiven easier because I am generally well liked.

I am grateful for the hopefulness of spring.

Sounds like things are looking up at work. Maybe it's the change of weather? :)

I am grateful for kind and loving people in my life who seem to have just the right experiences, wisdom and knowledge to help me when I am in need, I feel blessed for having so many thoughtful people in my life.

I am grateful for Pearl Jam, I know I have said this before but it is worth repeating, I love them and  I feel more human after listening to them.

I am grateful for J's behavior at the grocery store, I could leave the boys and get some lunch for myself with no issues, I was able to send him into the Men's bathroom by himself without incident. Definitely making progress dealing with public places. :)

I am grateful for O's sweetness and desire to do the right thing. He is eating better too! :)

Today SL 5x5, enjoy it! It is harder to balance the bar than I expected, but it is going well. Have the 45lb. bars and just started adding weight

Squats, bench press and barbell row today.

• Like 2

I am grateful for access to an olympic bar and a cool weight lifting set.

I am grateful for a curious kid who is a natural learner and extremely observant 

I am grateful for a kid for knows who he is and happy about himself.

I am grateful for a nice kitchen, I spend most of my time there, happy it is a beautiful room.

I am grateful for friends and positive people around me.

I am grateful for my students, when given the opportunity to help and be good to others they come through. 

I am grateful for the sunshine and warmth.

I am grateful to go outside without a coat.

I am grateful for the NF recipe for kale that I enjoy all the time… so good! so quick and easy!

I am grateful for my the positive encouragement of others.

I am grateful for my son's kindness to strangers, at the grocery store he grabbed the same cart as another person… pulled out two carts and gave one cart to the stranger with a smile.

I am grateful for a call from an old friend who missed hearing my voice.

I am grateful for life's lessons.

I am grateful for the abundance and joy in my life.

Eating better, keeping away from cream soups and milk. I did break down and eat two mini pastries. I had BP coffee for breakfast, roasted potatoes for lunch, pastries for snack and some BP tea; kale, tomatoes and bacon for dinner. i feel good with that. Potatoes and sweet potatoes seem to be the one food group served regularly at the cafeteria that I don't have reactions to. 

I didn't get to the weight room wednesday :( Conference day, not at school. 

I am going to lift tomorrow before happy hour. 

Signed up for my aerial yoga class for next Sunday! :)

I am grateful for another adventure in Toronto

I am grateful for time socializing with old family friends and meeting new people, love making a connection with people and laughing and enjoying their company. 

I am grateful for good willpower to avoid foods that are not adding anything good to my body.

I am grateful for the joy of life.

I am grateful for smiling.

I am grateful for living near two big beautiful lakes and a mighty river.

I am grateful for walks along the lakeshore.

I am grateful for the warm weather so you can take off your shoes and walk barefoot in the grass.

I am grateful for all the sweet things my boys do each day to show me they love me.

I am grateful for my husband's attention and teasing way of showing me he is paying attention.

• Like 1

SL 5x5 Monday and Today…

Keep adding weight for most except overhead press, only can manage 3 rep for 5 sets. That one is the hardest for me and kinda scares me. I am going slow with it to make sure I have good form.

Yep. The celts are teeny tiny muscles. That one's always tough for me, too, if I go heavy.

Hey, new picture. Nice. Is that a Clash t-shirt? :)