• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Liberator

Liberator's 4th Challenge: Cleaning up my diet, body, mind & home

Yep. The celts are teeny tiny muscles. That one's always tough for me, too, if I go heavy.

Hey, new picture. Nice. Is that a Clash t-shirt? :)

Well I am still with an empty bar with that… the balance and strength need to get it passed my head is slowing me down. But I am okay with it and learning to be comfortable with the bar.

Yes Clash, love Joe Strummer! One of my "Rock Loves"   :wub:  

• Like 1

Well I am still with an empty bar with that… the balance and strength need to get it passed my head is slowing me down. But I am okay with it and learning to be comfortable with the bar.

Yes Clash, love Joe Strummer! One of my "Rock Loves"   :wub:

Should I stay or should I go? was the background music for some wild times in the 80's. And, the lyrics pretty literally spoke my circumstances.

Liberator: how patiently and wisely you are going through this challenge. I am so impressed.  

Thank you. I have been feeling like I haven't  really progressed much, but improving my diet will have long-term benefits. :)

Aerial yoga today, it was so much fun…I want to try it again

I am grateful the chance to try aerial yoga.

I am grateful for the day to myself for yoga and a visit to AGO… A day of art & yoga in Toronto  :love_heart: .

I am grateful for another week closer to summer vacation.

I am grateful for a new found approach to my teaching and attitude about teaching.

I am grateful for people who are willing to help others.

I am grateful for the friendly pleasant people all around me that show kindness and goodwill, holding a door, a polite excuse me if they bump into me, a friendly smile or light-hearted conversation. Thank you.

I am grateful for the toll collector who gave me candy and then liked my smile and gave me two more pieces.  :peaceful:

I am grateful for the feeling of being blessed by the world all around me. 

• Like 1

I am grateful for access to lifting equipment for free.

I am grateful for my friendship with people I admire.

I am grateful for al the time I have spend improving my health.

I am grateful for cooperative people all around me.

I am grateful for access to computers and wifi just about anywhere.

I am grateful for calm in my day.

• Like 1

Still working through my diet. I have moments that I just break down and eat a cookie… or part of one, then I start to feel my lips get raw and my skin inch… I still haven't learned my lesson. :/

I am researching different detox techniques. I felt that toxic release when I was doing yoga and I think my body needs more of that… so time to research more detox. I brought some detox facial masks when I was in Toronto that I have used on my face and it was good. 

I did my Strong Lifts 5x5; 65# squats, 55# bench press & barbell row. It felt good and feel a bit of toxic release with that as well. I am going to do some foam rolling too.

I am grateful for sunshine and rain, I love the way you can feel the rain coming and how the air changes and the drama of a rain shower followed by the parting of the dark clouds and the streams of light breaking through.

I am grateful for noticing and experiencing a double rainbow with my son, so excited!

I am grateful for the rain washed air and moisture that feels so good to inhale.

I am grateful for all the beautiful cherry trees that line both sides of my street and for two week create an amazing pink canopy to drive under.

I am grateful for those small unique and fleeing moments that make to stop what you are doing and draw your attention to  all the beauty around you.

Soooo late to the party BUT I'm here now. And Druids?? *cough*cough* warriors with the weight you are moving

Druid is more of the mindset of oneness and connection of the mind and spirit vs. competition and battle to the death!!!!

:)

Slowing adding weight this challenge. I was using machines during the other challenges and when I switched to the free-weights I started with the empty bar and learning form. It feels very different, a bit scary and much more badass! Looking forward to the day my numbers are three digits. :)

Today is a rest day and I need it! I feel both the yoga and the lifting all through my body, legs, back, abs, arms, glutes… I could use a deep tissue massage… foam roller will have to do.

Eating very simple today. My body is really rebelling each time I give into temptation… bloating, skin issues, burning lips…. it is teaching me to eat better or suffer the consequences!  I am choosing to eat better :).

Thinking about the next challenge…

I have only a few more weeks of school (5 weeks) so only 5 more weeks of weight room access… Thinking about a family gym membership at Aquatic center, weight room, swimming pool, maybe some yoga classes…

Keeping up with my fitness and health goals is a challenge during summer… I am not working and I get very lazy. I always feel like I waste my summers. I want this summer to be different!!!!

So it needs to be part of my challenge! I need to mull this over…

What do I want to happen this summer?

What would be an awesome summer? What is the kind of summer that makes you fall in love with your life? 

• Like 1

I need to really get good about a morning routine! 

Maybe I next challenge needs to focus on morning routine….

I tend to try to change too much for my challenges and I am not as effective. 

I am grateful for growing awareness and control of my thoughts.

I am grateful for my positive energy.

I am grateful for my nurturing friendships.

I am grateful for my meaningful and supportive relationships.

I am grateful for the richest of my life.

• Like 1

I need to really get good about a morning routine! 

Maybe I next challenge needs to focus on morning routine….

I tend to try to change too much for my challenges and I am not as effective.

Small changes are the most sustainable.

Small changes are the most sustainable.

Easier said than done, my enthusiasm gets the best of me and I keep adding on to the challenge. 

Listening to a bulletproof podcast with AJ Jacobs and his top three recommendations for kicking ass were:

1 - gratitude (Check)

2 - Quantify your work (I need to learn to embrace this!)

3 - Fake it until you make it (I need to do this as well, esp. about getting things done!)

Ari Meisel's Top 3

1. Use a vitual assistant; learn to delegate $25/month

2. Eat Fat (Check)

3. Relationships are important! Work on strengthening your relationships! (Always working on)

Andy Hnilo Top 3

1. Visualization/positive self-talk

2. Gratitude

3. Surround yourself with driven positive people

• Like 1

Easier said than done, my enthusiasm gets the best of me and I keep adding on to the challenge. 

Me too. It always sounds like a good idea at the time.

I am grateful for a good friend to hang out with at an art gallery.

I am grateful for the positive people in my life.

I am grateful for time spent enjoying people's company.

I'm like that too!

Maybe we should write an epic quest thread and see it as out main goal and the challenges as baby steps towards this goal?

I'm thinking about the next challenge too and can't decide what I want to add 'cause if I add too much, I won't get it done!

• Like 1

Wow! It has been a while since I posted anything.

I lifted on Wednesday, SL5x5

I am grateful for kind and understanding neighbors who seem to take it in stride when your child goes over to their house and craps on the front walkway. Yes, that happened, and he left is clothes and shoes there as well. I found it this morning and cleaned  it up and got the clothes. Hopefully this will be the first and last time.

I am grateful for my front garden, it is so beautiful this time of year, alliums, lilacs, tree peonies, for-get-me-nots all in bloom at the same time is a beautiful effect. It makes me so happy to see it.

I am grateful for my babysitters that help me with Jacob. The babysitter couldn't work today so I had to take a half day, it makes me appreciate having help, I would not be able to keep my job if I didn't have help and I have always had wonderful people helping me.

I am grateful the student who was stealing from me was caught. He is in a desperate situation which could get worst if he doesn't see the error of his ways. Hoping the lesson is learned before serious harm is created.

I am grateful for the beautiful sunshine and the possibilities of summer. My summer plans are wide opened and hoping to fill the days with exciting and fulfilling adventures!  

I am grateful the uniqueness of each person. I have to my son's school talent show… it is a school for students with autism ages 5-21 and a day program for adults. There was an amazing range of energy and reactions… some had a great sense of humor and loved the stoplight, some had amazing energy and danced all out for multiple acts, some were quiet, shy and reserved.  

I am grateful for my backyard, a huge pine tree (80') shades most of the area and it a favorite spot for birds with their various songs. Experiencing the dappled sunlight, listening to the somgs of birds and feeling the gentle breezes create a beautiful calmness.

I am grateful for my body awareness, I am better at feeling when I need to stretch and feeling the lymphatic flow in my body.