One day I'll get that friggin' sunflower....

So this is going to be my daily log of workouts on my path towards my goal as seen in Act 1 of my signature link.  As I'm multitasking while writing this, it will lack a lot of the snazzy quips I'm used to writing, but hey we can't be perfect all the time.

So really, I'm starting off with Day 6 instead of Day 1, but I blame that on temporal paradoxes, a slightly confused cockatrice, and an impossible to open jar of pickles. 

Today I started off with the Kenpo X portion of the p90X workout for the day.  It was very similar in a way to the old martial arts training I did in the past, though the method to which the instructor and the video demonstrated them were very odd.  A lot of it is a vernacular thing rather than a form thing.  Still, it was good to get back into doing quick hand/foot drills.

Tomorrow is Stretch X.  Which shouldn't be too bad. 

Time to keep truckin!

-C

• Like 1

Level 0 Radioactive Zombie

STR -- DEX -- CON -- WIS -- INT -- CHA --

Act 1

Daily Battle Log

Day 7 done! 

You know, I never before took my days off as specialized stretching days.  Normally, I would just stretch before and after a workout (Which I still do) but never really on my rest day.

Though, I will say that stretching on the rest day?  SOOOO good for the muscles.  I feel like....120% better than I did when I woke up.

Back to work on the job hunt and Master's Capstone.  Chest and back tomorrow!

-C

Act 1

Daily Battle Log

Alright, I know it has been a LOOONG time since I last posted here...um...wait, no seriously, I'm totally good at math...let's see...carry the 9....and...wow, 14 days.

So, it's been two weeks >.>  My bad.

So there's a lot to catch up on.  First off, I'm out at sea.  Which means I'm on a boat.  Surrounded by water.  And the floor moves.  Which is weird if you've never been on a boat before, but I consider myself to be a seasoned veteran, and this ship is CONSIDERABLY larger than the last one I was on, so I barely feel it.  However, it does make some workouts REALLY hard.  Especially if you're doing a lunge and the floor rises up to meet you...or you're trying to transition from Warrior Three to Twisting Half Moon Yoga stances and the floor starts bucking from side to side.  Take THAT my poor core muscles!  make it even HARDER!  #Didn'tknowyogawassohard

Alright, so to catch you all up,

I've been working diligently at the P90X workout routine and the results are visible 3 weeks in.  No photo yet since there's no good way to upload them to the computer here (Just trust me on that).  So once I'm back on land I'll be able to put up a "this was me 3.5 weeks ago" differential.

As for diet, it's been working well...as I've been working 16ish hour days a lot and some of my meals consist of Special K crisp bars.  "100 calories for breakfast" would have been a curse to myself 5 years ago....

Tomorrow starts week 4 of P90X, which is the recovery week, so the diet is essential for keeping what I have lost off.  I will also be able to post up the excel sheets of the workouts I've done and the progressions I've made on them (In terms of reps vs. weight/resistance bands) if there's interest. 

Hope things have been going well for you guys, and I can't wait to get back (and have more reliable internet that doesn't crap out on me every 10 minutes) and chill with y'all soon.

Cheers.

-C

Act 1

Daily Battle Log