Life goal; throw the one ring (need to lose weight) into the crack of Mt. Doom for good

(lose 30 pounds roughly by the end of the year while building permanent attitudes to end this quest forever)

goal 1: lose 1 pound a week, more or less: estimate calorie allowance, log daily, do not exceed goal calculated on weekly  basis   (1800 x 7 = 12600 / week)

goal 2: kill off high calorie snack habit : prep veg and fruit snacks and have available at all times

goal 3: by the end of this challenge, do not eat food that I do not prepare myself from scratch more than 1x a week (for me, this only means dropping some disgusting snacks like "twinkies, pretzels, and pizza")

I had success at nf as an adventurer/ranger in the past, then had major surgery and had to slack off from exercise for recovery reasons; starting again as a beginner,

best wishes and strength and determination to all!

have to edit the signature etc and will get to that- I forget some of the ins and outs of posting to these forums

• Like 5

augh, confused again about battle logs, challenge threads etc etc.  Lest I fall off the saddle immediately, I am going to post progress here until I remember how the posting here works. 

It feels good to be back in such good company.  I dragged out an old challenge calendar I made on a giant piece of foam core to keep track of progress on my goals.  Then I made a new one for this challenge.  That's most of what I have accomplished so far!

I am giving myself credit for

1 rejoining nf

2 making goals

3 making a challenge chart

Even though otherwise yesterday was not exactly magnificent, dietwise

good luck to all and have a magnificent day

• Like 1

Hey, honeysuckle - glad to see you're back and you're moving forward!

I know how major surgery can disrupt your life and set you back. Kudos to you for deciding to level up your life!

Your goals look good and I know you can rock this challenge!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

OH MY GOD!! You're back and I found you :D (it's dominic in disguise!)

Welcome home!! :lol: 

I'm stoked that you are back for a challenge, I missed you! Looking forward to seeing what you get up to. 

Sorry to hear about the surgery, hopefully you are on the road to recovery.  If you want to destroy the one ring, come join our walk to Mordor, would love to have you along. There's a link my signature ;)

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge