Thunderstorm lightens her load

Thunderstorm

Mostly on target and controlled goal changes for the things that need to change sounds like winning to me. I hope you're enjoying the final weekend, TS!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I'm soooo disheartened right now.  Every time I try to run more than 5 minutes at a stretch (gradually worked up to this point, mind you), my body goes into all-out, worn-out, rebellion.

Right now thinking I should stick to Jeff Galloway's Run-Walk method?  I'm 50 years old, 50 pounds overweight -- maybe that "5 minute" is just too many fives??  ROFL!!

Seriously, though, when I try to do the 5 minute intervals on the C25K I'm having a very hard time.  And now by this point -- now I am starting to get my head in the way of it. With any of the C25K programs I've tried, around weeks 4-6 they make this sudden jump.  I think I need to do things more gradually.  Probably either just set my own GRADUAL increase for Running intervals, or just stay with intervals (Galloway method) and not plan to do "all running" at all.

But I like the programs -- I like the success of "doing the assignment" and "marking it off" when I'm done.  It just doesn't feel quite as fun if it's something I've come up with on my own.  :playful:   Hmmmm..... this guy :pirate: has given me a Nerd idea.....perhaps if I see it as being a Rebel and not following a program the Empire...  :D

Thunderstorm:  Level 3 Elf Scout

STR: 6.5  ~  DEX: 2  ~  STA: 3.5  ~  CON: 9.25  ~  WIS: 4.5  ~  CHA: 3

Just now I was reading Glaucos' journal and Shortgorilla said this (wanted to keep a copy here):

"One of the best pieces of advice as far as dieting is concerned that I ever got was to stop associating junk food and relaxation/rewards/treats.  Think of every positive step you take towards your goals as the reward.  Think about how great you feel every time you make a better choice or a healthy decision.  Personal achievement is it's own reward.  Your treat will be the leaner, healthier you that you are becoming.

Again; you are not starting over.  You took a side step, checked out some trees.  They were nice, now get out of the woods and back on the trail."

I'm 57 and I find that I do better if I slow my progressions down a bit from the recommended.  I just plan to go slower; because I'm on target with my plan, I feel successful.  Use what you learned this challenge to build a better plan for next challenge.  If you need to adjust your plan as you go, that is okay too. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Mm, I'm with laureleye on slower progressions. Just stick with the day you struggled with for a couple of extra days till it starts to get easier. It will in the end, Y'know. Then move on to the next day. It'll take a lot longer to complete the programme of course but you'll get there.

You could also think about food and prep - making sure you don't eat heavily beforehand, but do have some water so you're not dehydrated. Think about your breathing too - try and keep it regular, not excessive or chaotic. If you listen to music, consider taking an earphone out for a while so you can listen to your breath and get control over it better.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Thank you, Kailer!

I'm sorry for the late (and last minute update), everyone.  I've been sick and was unable to work my program the past couple of weeks.  I'm giving myself a "C" across the board on all my quest objectives.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on the next challenge! 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines