Not sure where to go from here, body image after weight loss, cut more or not?

Disil

I get it. I don't follow the six-week challenges either. I just thought that joining a guild might define your focus.  If you wanted to progress in yoga, you would join the druids, for pull ups, the assassins, for distance running, the scouts, and so on. I just worry that you have a lot of things that you want to get better at, and in the quest to progress in all of them, you will progress in none. I ran into that problem when I started lifting. I wanted better conditioning and more strength, so I did both at full effort, and got nowhere. It wasn't until I decided to maintain my conditioning and focus on getting stronger that I progressed. Even if you change guilds every month, they may be a way to separate what you want to get better at and what you simply want to maintain. Just my two cents.

I translate things into Latin. Send me a pm.

| Human Flag | One-arm Chinup | | 20 Bar Muscle-ups | | 225 Press | | 365lb Front Squat | | 515lb Deadlift | | Freestanding HSPU | | Gain 15lb | 

Battle Log

It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.

Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.   - Patrick Rothfuss

Gain 15lbs

42%
42%

I understood. I was just saying that 50 pull ups is my challenge too (see sig). I was joking too.

By the way Disil, I'm glad that you're feeling so much better. You should create a progress thread so that we can follow your gainz day by day.

Didn't have my glasses on, couldn't even see it.  I love you guys.

I get it. I don't follow the six-week challenges either. I just thought that joining a guild might define your focus.  If you wanted to progress in yoga, you would join the druids, for pull ups, the assassins, for distance running, the scouts, and so on. I just worry that you have a lot of things that you want to get better at, and in the quest to progress in all of them, you will progress in none. I ran into that problem when I started lifting. I wanted better conditioning and more strength, so I did both at full effort, and got nowhere. It wasn't until I decided to maintain my conditioning and focus on getting stronger that I progressed. Even if you change guilds every month, they may be a way to separate what you want to get better at and what you simply want to maintain. Just my two cents.

While a valid concern, I don't really feel as if I'm trying many things at once. Distance running really was something that just "happened", because I had injured my shoulder and couldn't do any yoga or bodyweight exercises for 10 days and really, running 7-8km every other day in 45 minutes hardly qualifies as that in my book anyway. The 10k in September is a neat goal, but my priorities are clearly defined and lie elsewhere: Gain strength, lower bodyfat, improve form/difficulty of my yoga (which comes down to improving strength anyway just like the pull-ups, handstands and whatnot as well as improving flexibility) and keep feeling great physically in general.

I'm also an all or nothing guy. When I quit smoking I did so not by slowing down, decreasing the amount slowly or work around with nicotine patches or meds. I just decided it's time, read a book and quit for good. Same thing with my nutrition - I knew I had to do a 180 and so I did, went from eating total garbage and tons of refined carbs (easily 70% of my diet) to eating an atkins-ish lowcarb diet (below 40g a day) for a good while, then slowly progressed to a more paleo-ish diet and now was at a "real foods and not so many carbs"-point, at least until I decided to up my caloric intake again. I've also learned a lot about myself, about what I'm able to ask of myself and what not and I've also created great, long-lasting habits which are easy to modify to my needs. For now that will mean yoga 3 times a week, strength training at least 2 times a week, and going for runs every other day (more relaxation than anything really). I've also really learned to listen to my body and adapt, so if I feel particularly sore or tired, I've got no problem to add an extra day of rest without the danger of having my exercise routine completely fall apart simply because it's become absolute second nature and I start missing exercising after a maximum of 3 days rest anyway.

Lastly, even if I end up not having changed much in the course of the next month or so I'll still be where I was initially which for me is a great place anyway and I can then use what I've learned to make further improvements to help me get where I want to be.

How about a glass of purgatory with a splash of heaven?

Great Job, Disil. Looking super sharp.

This is really good source of info on very effective training for building strength and mass in minimal once weekly workouts. It may be a really good next steo for you. Though in no way do I agree with his opinions regarding objectivism - which gratefully aren't in this video.