Haikoo's No Pressure Battle Log

Hi again.

Monday- Went to Power Stretch class at the gym (basically, Yoga) - 1 hr

Tuesday- Did not get to exercise on purpose.

Wednesday:

• Started feeling pretty ick in the afternoon. Sudden cold symptoms. Hubby has been sick. I was hoping to avoid it :(
  • Went to gym anyway:

-Ran 1/2 mile for warm up

-Leg lifts -  3 x 10

-Dead lifts-    5 x 5 @ 115

-Squat- 1 x 5 @ 45 (These were tentative testing back and practicing forms)

-Bench Press-  1 x 6 @ 80

3 x 5 @ 80

1 x 6 @ 80   (Bumped my working weight up by 5 lbs! Last couple times I tried this, I couldn't get through the sets. This time I eeked out 2 extra reps!)

-Lat Pull downs- 3 x 8 @ 60

-shoulder shockers- 3 x 10  @ 10 & 7.5 (Felt much better at lower weight--though wimpier)

-Roman Chair Extension-  3 x 8 with 10 lb plate hug (have you hugged your plate weight today?) (again, feeling out back. They felt okay but back got tired quickly)

-Dumb bell curls- 3 x 6 @ 15 (Bumped weight up from 12.5...but couldn't do as many reps. Not sure if should go back to 12.5?)

-push ups- 1 x 10

-BW squats- 1 x 10 (was testing out what it felt like to go all the way down. I still feel like back rounds forward a little. Not sure if that is okay.)

-10 min stretch and roll

Today:

• Feel pretty icky. Throat hurts, insanely congested, sneezing sneezing, sinuses pouring. Nose is now raw. Head going to explode. (Gross, I know)
  • Not sure if I will go to gym tonight. If I do, I'll do Turbokick class. 
  • Feels like a good time to close my eyes on the couch for a little bit.

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

• Thursday: Yea, did not to got gym that night. Sick. Felt awful. Medicated and crashed early.

Friday: Sick. ugh. Nasty head cold given to me compliments of Coldboot. Medicated and crashed early.

Saturday: Not feeling much better

Went to kids' soccer games anyway

Was stupid, did not pack sunscreen

I am now sunburned on arms face and neckline. Not happy with myself. That was very stupid of me. Now I will be red ALL FREAKING SUMMER LONG. The pink takes MONTHS to fade.

Went to Mother in law's for dinner and to celebrate Mother's Day and Father in Law's Birthday

Went to Full Moon paddle with family. Wore me out quite a bit, but I really enjoyed being in my kayak again. First time this season

Sunday morn:

• Still not feeling great. Sinuses are SO congested still. Throat is less sore for sure today, though. Yay!

Breakfast in bed! Nice!

Cute notes in my lap top and Mother's Day cards :) 

Sent Coldboot out to mow lawn before it becomes jungle. 

Sick, but life is still good.

• Like 1

Most Recent Challenge

Monday-

• Gym
    • Ran 1.1 miles
    • Walked .3 mile
    • Power Stretch Class (Yoga) - 1 hr
  • Congested, still. SICK OF IT

Tuesday-

• Gym
  • 1/2 mile run
  • Bench Press 5x5 @ 80
  • Lat pull downs 3 x 8 @60
  • Seated Cable Row 3 x 8 @72
  • Dead Lift  5 x 5 @ 135
  • Push ups  3 x 10 
  • Tricep push downs 1 x 10 @ 24; 3 x 8 @ 36
  • Roman chair Ext.   3 x 8 w / 10 lb plate
  • Shoulder shockers  2 x 8 @ 10 & 7.5; 1 x 10 @ 10 & 7.5
  • Jumping pull up   1 x 1  :D
  • Still congested :( This is lasting forever. 

Wednesday-

• Congested
  • Too much going on to get to gym
  • School nurse calls. Must go get child who spewed at school (ew). Took a long bucket. "If you're gonna spew, spew in this."
  • Girl Scout thing in the evening with the girl.
  • No time for workout

Today (Thursday)

• Thus far, I am still congested, but each day I feel a degree or two less so. It's been a full week. 
  • Have sickie kid home with me, and a activity with the girl this evening, so gym is out. I should attempt some body weight stuff.
  • Got an excited text from an NF friend that I was quoted in today's new NF article! Woo hoo! 

Most Recent Challenge

Oh hey! 

I'm still alive and it's time to jump back in.  My last few weeks have been a bit stressful. A second kid got sick, lots of activities, an overnight w/ the girl's class (where, Ironically a kid got sick in the night and I had to deal with that), more activities, last week of school activities. Oh yea, did I mention one of our vehicles officially DIED (it was 16.5 years old) and we had to go car shopping and get a car. *phew*

It was exhausting. 

In all of that, I probably manged to get to get to the gym once, plus a couple bw workouts at home, and days that included a hike. 

This week is no less busy, unfortunately. Last week of school and getting ready to go on an overnight with some Girl Scouts, THEN heading to Toronto next week! I really hope I can get some gym time in between baseball, getting oil changes, prepping for Girl Scout stuff, etc etc etc.

Man, I will be glad when school is out. One less thing.

Most Recent Challenge

Okay! So the past 2 months have pretty much been a wash. TOO MANY THINGS.

BUT, school is out. 

Toronto was great!

I was sad to leave. 

We met Rob_ and Littlewings on Tuesday night (last week). We were going to go for sushi, but then found the place they sent us to had seating for almost no one. (It was a take out place). So they were going to swing by and pick us up. We watched for them....I saw them, I waved at them, Littlewings looked right at me...............and did not see me.

I nearly died laughing. Eventually we met up, had Italian and then went for Gelato. Yum!

The rest of the week was filled with a variety of nerd activities and relaxin. Met Catspaw, Mir, 7FootGeek and Sandylion. I love them alllll. I wish I could have spent more time with them (or just take them home with me). 

There was Munchkin, Zooing, BBQ, Buddy carries, tree climbing, 10 mile rucks, Ferry Rides, Art Districts, Fashion Districts, Gay districts. Toronto is a big city!! Oh and Sushi, don't forget that. I was not feeling the greatest that day, so I didn't eat nearly as much as everyone else--but what I did have was great. 

So, my first nerd meetup was fantastic. I hope there are more in my future! 

Meanwhile, kids have swim lessons this week, one now has an ear infection (Swimmer's ear), and we're trying to settle in to a routine.

This weekend we are going camping. Still having trouble getting back into the swing of things. Tonight I should go to gym, but REaLLY need to pack for camping. Monday is going to have to be day 1 of the summer schedule. (Right in time for a Holiday, right???)

Oy.

One of these days I will be exercise consistent again....

Most Recent Challenge

Hooray for Fresh Mondays!

Went camping this past weekend with the kids. The bummer was, Coldboot was supposed to go, but ended up having to work. Luckily there were 2 other families coming, too, so I was not alone w/ the kiddos. It was a good time, but it poured Saturday night. The weather was really rough Sunday night and this afternoon, so I am glad we were home!

Got back to the gym! Looked like this:

-1/2 mile run

-Leg lifts -  3 x 8

-Bench Press -  5x5 @ 75 (Took this back down to 75 as my shoulder is weak and I haven't benched for weeks)

-Dead Lifts - 2x5 @ 95

3x5 @ 115

-Squats - 3x10 @ 45

-Roman chair extensions - 3 x 8 w/ 10lb plate

-shoulder shockers - 3x8 @ 5 lb/10lb  (i had to go down even more as shoulder is really unhappy lately--since I stopped taking the nsaid I was on)

-Tricep push downs - 3x8 @ 36

Ran out of time then and had to get kids. Not as much as I wanted to do, but it was a decent workout. I got my sweat on.

Gavin lost another tooth. Please let me NOT forget to be the Tooth Fairy tonight!!!

Food was not on par today.... >_>

Really must work on that.

Most Recent Challenge

So remember how I complained that I didn't do as much as I had wanted on Monday? Yea, it's a good thing I didn't. I am so sore  that my cat stepped on my quads last night and I almost went through the roof.  Wooot! Back to gyming ;)

Needless to say, I didn't do a lot yesterday. However, one of my 7 year olds (Liam) came to me yesterday after taking his shirt off and looking at his muscles. He said, "Mom, I've been growing strength like really high. My strength is really big."  Then, he asked me if we could run around the block. How could I say no? So, I got in a 1/2 mile run/walk yesterday. 

Eating...was not so great. >_>

This is so hard lately. And it's only more difficult seeing as it's 4th of July week and there will be parties involved. 

Not sure what is going to happen for exercise today. I really need to spend time in the house. It's a WRECK. So overwhelming. I don't even know where to begin.

• Like 1

Most Recent Challenge

So happy 5th! Was busy with fireworks shows, buying a new grill, parties where I ate poorly and fun times with family and friends.

Now it's time to get more serious. I also bought bricks. Assuming we can secure care for the kidlets, there is a geoduck in my future. Really it's a Goruck but autocorrect said geoduck and I am cool with that.

I actually had a hard time finding normal bricks. They were either 6lbs or 3lbs. I got 6 of the 3 lbs because the others were huge and oddly shaped. This will put me at the lighter side of the weight range. I hope that isn't too wimpy.

• Like 1

Most Recent Challenge

So tried out the new grill last night. ah-mazing. Did not think it would make much difference. It's just a grill right? Wrong. It is a shiny metal god of amazing meat! So yea, dinner was good and accidentally 100% organic because we used CSA stuff!

Meanwhile, I wrapped bricks last night and am still trying to convince hubby that a gr0 would be just right for me. Also I have a lot of work to do and need to get started. I am a weakling right now.

P.s. This is my 1000th post. Took me long enough.....

• Like 1

Most Recent Challenge

So since the ruck is in my future, I decided the next thing I should really do is focus on training for it. Basically I am going to follow the plan they have on their site, because it's just the easiest way. Building workouts is NOT my forte.

So, today was day 1. 

My thought is, since I have 10 weeks, I'll do the first few weeks, then either repeat some weeks or start over again for the 6 week challenge that begins end of July. That'll take me close to Ruck Day.

Anyway, Day 1 means I did the simple APF Test with the following results:

-Push ups (2 mins, max reps):  23 on toes, 10 on knees

-Sit ups (2 mins, max reps): 44

-2 mile run: 22:26

(I ran 2.24 mi in 25:18, but the first 2 miles took 22.26. I am a slow runner :P)

This little test has basically shown me I'm a weakling, for sure. I mean, i can do more push ups than the average joe, but that's not saying much. 

As far as running, I haven't done so in a long time, and it was hot, so it was hard. I had to walk for 30-60 seconds a couple times, after hills because my heart rate was just really high. I also had my kids with me on their bikes, so a couple small distractions. But, I am confident that in 10 weeks I can make HUGE progress. 

I'm actually very excited about this.

Please kick my butt and make sure that I do not fall off this training wagon. I have no excuses, it's all laid out for me. Yell at me! Threaten me! Most of all, act really disappointed in me if I don't do the right thing.

It's time to get back on track and be in the healthy, strong place that I was in a year ago!

Most Recent Challenge

Please kick my butt and make sure that I do not fall off this training wagon. I have no excuses, it's all laid out for me. Yell at me! Threaten me! Most of all, act really disappointed in me if I don't do the right thing.

Will do!  I have no problem putting up the carrot and getting out the stick!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Yayyyyy! You can do it!

And honestly I think that is a decent time if you haven't been going regularly. My 1 mile time is around 13 minutes!

Will do!  I have no problem putting up the carrot and getting out the stick!

Thanks guys!

I got through day 2. Wow, I have a long way to go. It was certainly not easy.

Took the kids down to a big open park where they flew kites and rode bikes while I got my awesome on. People were lookin' at me though. Especially with the bear crawls.

Looked like this:

4 sets (As fast as possible--which, for me, was not exactly fast):

-400m Run

-50 squats

-40 walking lunges

(3 min rest between--which was more like 4 mins because kid distractions)

3 sets (they say 3-4. No way i was making it through 4. I almost copped out on 3) on 50 meter course

-Sprint down and back x 2 (Sprint? HAH... not so much but it was about as fast as I could go by that point)

-50 bear crawl (That is way harder than I realized-Slow bear is slow)

-20 x 4 count flutter kicks

-FLR (front lean rest aka plank) x 1 min

On paper, this does not look like a lot. But I kid you not, I may not be able to walk tomorrow. I am already very sore, combined with yesterday's run. My calves are like "WHAT?"

Basically ran a mile with four 400 m dashes, then 300m more of sprinting was another 3/4 mile. Good thing I didn't add that up at the time. 

The body will catch up and get with the program--I hope. :D

I think some rolling and a hot bath may be in order.

-

Most Recent Challenge

So I glanced at my plan today and it said 1-2 mile ruck with 20 to 30 lbs. I thought "oh thank goodness it's just a ruck today." I am so very sore today that my name should be HobbleKoo, but I packed up the ruck with my 12 lb pack of bricks and warned the kids we were going out. They wanted to picnic at the park so we packed lunches, too.

We walked a total of 2.5 miles (well, they were on bikes/scooters).

It was a bit tough. My pace was not fast by any means. Legs were jelly. The pack felt a lot heavier than 12 lbs. I weighed it when I got home. Yea it was 22 lbs by the time I had a couple water bottles and blanket and lunch in there.

I then weighed my bricks. They are more like 14 lbs. good to know.

But then I glanced at the training plan and noticed that day 3 continues into the next column. There was a whole other workout I was supposed to do in addition to the ruck.

Deflation.

Seeing as how I can hardly move, I decided it would not be wise to attempt this. I am sad I cannot keep up, but I will just keep moving. Hopefully. If I can even.

Right now I can't even.

Tomorrow was supposed to be a rest day but I will see how it goes. Maybe I will do the second part of that workout if I can squat again. If not--I don't know what I will do yet.

Most Recent Challenge