Intimate Grooming

Vella

No swimsuit/ bikini without trimming. I take some private time, and do this myself, sometimes I go to a studio (choice between waxing and sugaring, I usually get sugaring). 

I just don't see myself rasta style in a bikini bottom… but I admit that totally bare is also not exactly my thing. :playful:

Different question: how do you like your guy? Trimmed or not trimmed? Some guys seem to think it is mandatory for a woman, but are very reluctant to letting sharp objects/ wax get close to the area in question...

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

I used to shave legs and underarm during High School. In college, when I started attending a mostly male dojo, I started not doing it during winter and then...well, I just stopped. I also decided to buy swim trunks (BAT MANNNN ones) and a tankiki for our dojo beach trip. Mind you, I have lots of hair and its really dark. But now a days it's really only my underarms that kind of bother me. 

Child of Æsir | Freelancing Monk Journeyman Chef
"Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through the forging fire, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion. â€â€“ O-Sensei

Daily Battle Log Epic Quest | Sidekick Search

No swimsuit/ bikini without trimming. I take some private time, and do this myself, sometimes I go to a studio (choice between waxing and sugaring, I usually get sugaring). 

I just don't see myself rasta style in a bikini bottom… but I admit that totally bare is also not exactly my thing. :playful:

Different question: how do you like your guy? Trimmed or not trimmed? Some guys seem to think it is mandatory for a woman, but are very reluctant to letting sharp objects/ wax get close to the area in question...

manscapping is a must.

little TMI here for us girls (which I realize is the internet so that means nothing)

no body likes stray's.  period. it's part of anything that happens- but no body really wants it- trimming is essential.

I went to an almost all male school- everyone I know trimmed- (not from experience- just because these things are talked about quiet a bit) girls don't like fuzzies any more than guys do- so if they want any good down stairs time- trimming was par for the course. 

I don't like completely hairless men- my current BF shaves quiet a bit of everything and it's a little weird- but he likes it- he stopped shaving his arms b/c it was to much work- but almost everything but his eye brows gets shaved.  Whatever works.  I'm okay with it- but sometimes it's a little rough- would be better if he let a little grow on his chest LOL- shaved chest is prickley!

Just reading this thread is making me cringe in pain.

I shave the areas that a swimsuit bottom would show. The rest... I kid you not, I use my husband's beard trimmer on. No risk of cutting myself and no pain = win. Obviously it doesn't completely remove the hair, but it's close enough for me. Besides, like Nirvi, I do not like the feeling of being completely bare. 

Beard trimmers are outstanding! My bf actually doesn't use his beard trimmer on his face, we only use it for our tenders.

I typically don't give a rats ass about hair. I rock hair peaking out of the sides of my bathing suit at the gym pool. I straight up just don't care because I'm there to work out, not look cute. On the flipside, if I'm going to someone's pool party or something like that, I will trim my bikini line. I typically don't have enough of a "rowdy bush" to really show through my bikini bottom.

Recently, I got curious about waxing and tried it out (I'm talking full brazilian). The first time I pretty much hated it. My skin felt so sticky and sweaty and just unclean. I felt like I couldn't wipe myself properly (shitty work toilet paper stuck to my damp hairless skin) and pretty much wanted to shower before I got down with my boyfriend. Also, the strange in-between growing out phase is really weird. Also, even though I religiously put on the anti-ingrown hair stuff they gave me and scrubbed myself with exfoliating stuff, I still got ingrown hairs. Overall, by the time my skin inflammation when down, the smoothness was gone, so it was kind of worthless. The second time I got waxed was better but I still don't like it (certainly not enough to drop $60+ on it). So what I'll likely stick with is just shaving the bikini line and trimming the rest of my hair so it's at a manageable length with the beard trimmer.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I expect the same kind of hair maintenance on my man as I do on myself. I am not very good at maintaining my area, so if he lets his stuff grow out, I really don't care. The only part that bothers me (Warning: Graphic) is when you're either putting on or taking off a condom and his hairs that are either on his ...ahem... or just at the base of it get caught up in the condom. You know that shit hurts and I'm trying to be careful, so trim it if you don't want your hairs pulled! That's a real mood killer...

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I had been considering getting waxed recently (I have a vacation coming up next week that involves a trip to some hot springs - maintenance was a must) and finally bit the bullet and went today. Loved it! I might actually be a convert, depending on how the growing-out phase goes. I checked around on yelp and found a good place. My waxer was great, and the whole thing took less than 15 mins. It hurt much less than I thought it would, although I did take a couple advil beforehand just to be on the safe side.

Waaaayyyy better than shaving (I'm another one who always ends up cutting myself) and being all stubbly and itchy.

As far as manscaping, I would probably giggle if he came home with it all waxed, but he is very on top of his grooming/trimming game, which I do appreciate.

Aife | Lvl 0 Adventurer

Half Amazon-Half Wild Elf

STR {0} DEX {0} STA {0} CON {0} WIS {0} CHA {0}

I tend to shave my legs and bikini line and trim a little, but that's mainly because my hair is very thick, grows very fast and just generally bugs me when it gets super long; plus my legs are sensitive and letting my leg hair grow itches like crazy. 

As for my guys, I agree with Mad Hatter; body hair is fine but if it's long enough to braid then there's going to be problems

• Like 1

Level: 0 Race: Scrag Class: Druid
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Thanks for the vid, I-Jo - I might have an experiment with that!

Beard trimmers seem the go, too...

Gee, I don't even know what I'd want from a guy.  Not enough experience .... I guess kept neat?  Something like that?

NO ONE likes playing in the congo!

shit better be neat and tidy!

• Like 1

I shave, but in-grown drive me nuts when I'm trimming for bathing suit season.  I also hate waxing.

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but something I'm looking at investing in is the Tria, which is basically a home laser removal system.  From what I've read review-wise, it ranges from amazing, hurts too much (in these cases I'm reminded of "No pain, no gain" or "You have to suffer to be beautiful") to doesn't work.  Certain skin tones and hair colour don't work with it, but considering the price range of 400-500$ vs professional laser which costs 50+ per session for one area (and you need to go multiple times), I'm tempted to try it.

There are other similar systems on the market and apparently they've been around for awhile.  I just found out about them last year and decided that if I meet certain goals financial and fitness-wise I'd give it a try.  Figure I'd just leave that here in case anyone was interested in doing more research on it for their own purposes (or curiosity).

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

I use an epilator, and sometimes tweezers. I typically trip my thighs and the top of my pelvis/bottom of my belly, but whether I do more or not will depend. I've gone as far as completely gone, but honestly I don't really like how it looks or feels. I like it natural but if I'm going to swim I get self conscious and tend to trim it shorter so the hairs don't poke through the swimsuit.

I guess on average, I trim whatever would end up outside of a pair of panties, and leave the rest alone. I do prefer board shorts though so I don't always feel like trimming even on my thighs. To be honest I think it's sexy, but guys seem to disagree so I go back and forth.

I wax everything, front to back all gone. I find hot wax (they put wax on, leave it to cool then peel it off) is better than waxing with cotton strips like when you get your legs waxed.

Sure it can be uncomfortable but I don't hate it. When you get a really good beautician it's quick and easy.

Also if you're uncomfortable with showing off your ho-ha to someone else remember beauticians deal with them all day, there ain't nothing they haven't seen

Level X - Human Ranger

Str: X ~ Dex: X ~ Sta: X ~ Con: X ~ Wis: X ~ Cha: X

Rachy87 - Going to level up my way, watch this space!

Not all who wander are lost 

I shave til bare, but I also do it once a month after having my period (I know TMI, but whatever). I've learned that if I use Neosporin right after I shave, it doesn't get the little blister spots or whatever they are.

Level 1 Half Dwarf Adventurer

Stats: 10 points to use (Yes, I'm an Exp hoarder)

"Cut through the heart, cold and clear... Strike for love and strike for fear... There's beauty and there's danger here...Split the ice apart...
Beware the frozen heart"

-"Frozen Heart" from the Movie "Frozen"

I shave everything. Now that its winter im a bit more lax, but at least weekly id say. Thinking of moving up to an epilator but i hear those things are crazy painful.

Huge TMI, but as a woman who enjoys sleeping with women; if you're not at least trimmed then i wont use my mouth. sorry, but try to imagine licking a beard for an hour - its rough and scratchy and irritating. with men you at least get a little distance, though i prefer my men well trimmed as well, but even the hairiest dude doesn't come close to full on muff diving :|

• Like 2

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Epilators can be painful but it depends on how you feel pain.

I find it uncomfortable but not painful with waxing, tweezing, epilating down there but I really struggle with my legs – for me that’s more painful.

So yeah everyone is different.

Level X - Human Ranger

Str: X ~ Dex: X ~ Sta: X ~ Con: X ~ Wis: X ~ Cha: X

Rachy87 - Going to level up my way, watch this space!

Not all who wander are lost 

I have an epilator and it doesn't hurt that bad IMO, but I only use it on my pits & legs. It doesn't catch the fine hairs that well, but it's good enough for lazy old me. I tried it on my pubic area a bit and got tons of ingrown hairs which my husband had to help me dig out. Too bad because it was convenient and did work well for the removal! Mostly, I just trim periodically and shave the edges when I'm going to be wearing a bathing suit.

I have tried many things to obtain a 'proper' bikini line. I decided many years ago that I hate grooming down there, and do not do so anymore. In the early years of not keeping a bikini line, I wore a regular swimsuit. However, where I live in the US, I noticed that many people had issues with my 'unkempt' bikini line. Eventually, like you, I settled on board shorts and a bikini top. Bikini bottoms with a skirt are ok, but I personally feel too self-conscious in them.

My take on this is I'll do whatever the hell I want and no one else's idea of "proper" or embarrassment will stop me from having my vintage bush peek out, regardless of what I choose to wear.

With that said, I enjoy annoying my husband from time to time and use his beard trimmer.

• Like 2

My motivational, yet sarcastically awesome, sig.

My take on this is I'll do whatever the hell I want and no one else's idea of "proper" or embarrassment will stop me from having my vintage bush peek out, regardless of what I choose to wear.

With that said, I enjoy annoying my husband from time to time and use his beard trimmer.

My husband was weird when I asked him if I could use his electric razor to shave my legs (I had just gotten out of the shower and didn't realize how hairy they were).

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

My hubby is totally fine with me using his electrics. In fact, when I was enormously growing two babies at the same time, he helped me tidy things up since I could no longer see what I was doing nor bend that way to reach :D

Now THAT'S love.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8