• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kellbot

Disney World Marathon Weekend

Anyone else participating in the WDW Marathon Weekend? I'm doing the 10k and my husband is doing the half marathon. I've never done a Disney race before, but my father-in-law ran the marathon for many years before injuring his hip. He's since had a hip replacement, and is going to run the marathon again this year! On a fake hip!

Anyone else participating in the WDW Marathon Weekend? I'm doing the 10k and my husband is doing the half marathon. I've never done a Disney race before, but my father-in-law ran the marathon for many years before injuring his hip. He's since had a hip replacement, and is going to run the marathon again this year! On a fake hip!

I did it for the first time this year - by far the most fun race (I did the half) I've ever participated in. It was a great time, I plan to do it again in a few years. 

Disney was my first half and full marathon ... they put on a HECK of a race and do a great job of making everyone feel special.

I've two issues with them though

#1 you have to get to the park at o'God:thirty in the morning

#2 you do NOT get park entry with your race fee which isn't exactly cheap

But still the races are well run, water stops are well placed and there's entertainment through out

Good luck!

I sheepishly must admit that we're season pass holders, so the park entry thing doesn't phase me one way or the other. :D

But oh my god the races start so early. I gotta get used to running that early, which means I gotta start going to bed around the same time as my 2 year old.

I did the half in 2013.  I'm not a morning runner at all but it wasn't an issue because I was so freaking excited about it.  I think i was running on that alone.  The hardest part for me was using the portopotties before the one mile shoulder to shoulder shuffle to the start corral.  They stunk sooo bad and I don't handle smells well in the morning.    The race itself was fun.  A lot of music and characters on the way through.  People were stopping for pictures but I was afraid of losing time and getting scooped by the bus if I stopped.  The costumes people whore were adorable.  Just all together a fun yet busy race.  

• Like 1