• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LittleTurtle

Mini Challenge #2 - Sense of Smell

This week, we'll be adding on by incorporating the different smells of nature that emerges with the spring weather.  Please post what different scents you notice.  Are the lilac bushes starting to bloom?  Can you tell if it recently rained?  Can you smell fresh cut grass?

Let's hear everything!  Be descriptive and have fun.  :)

There's seriously nothing better in this life (to me) than smelling the ozone in the air before a spring/summer rainfall, and after it ends, the damp earth left behind.

• Like 1

I'm going to save this one for when I'm not in an industrial part of the city at work.  Right now, I smell exhaust, grease and Lloyds BBQ sauce from their plant at the end of the block all mixed with rain.  

Don't forget the stench of rotting trash.

The trees here are beginning to bloom, and last night I smelled the apple blossoms (I think). There are hyacinths everywhere in the city here in the south which is weird for me because that I connect so strongly with Christmas.....

• Like 1

The smell of jet fuel at the ambulance helicopter. Pleasantly familiar

I know that smell quite well :)

-----

Today's it's fresh cut grass, and my neighbor's BBQ.

• Like 1

Today - out running in my small forest - the smell of wet soil mixed with blossoms from the trees, quite faint. This combined with the birds singing and my own rhythmical breaths.

• Like 1