Enlisting In The Rebellion, Meditation & Sprints

I've been a long time reader but have never fully taken the time to join the community; what better time than now?! I'm still in a "rehab" mindset and am actively working on muscle balance (day 60 of "Foundation Training"), daily meditation starting today and a set of sprints every 7-10 days.

So in a rough format, here is what I am going to be doing for the next 6 weeks:

1. Foundation Training 3 times per week 

2. Full out sprint once every 7-10 days when my energy is at its peak

3. 10 Breath Meditation every morning

Looking forward to sharing successes with all of you!

• Like 4

Battery, Human Ranger/Adventurer, Level 2

Current Challenge: Muscle Balance, Breathing Squats, Meditation

STR 4|DEX 3|STA 4|CON 3|WIS4|CHA 2

Glad to see you stepping up to post!!! 

Tell me more about the Foundation Training. 

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

Sorry about the delay! We went out of town this past weekend. I'm a big fan of Foundation Training; below is the link to the website, which has some videos on it. It's an exercise program in the realm of Yoga that is designed specifically to activate your posterior chain of muscles. Since I have been doing it my back has never felt stronger. My posture is also improving, which is great!

http://www.foundationtraining.com/

Here is Dr. Goodman's Ted talk about it as well:

Just wanted to provide an update: I have found that working in breathing squats throughout the day allows me to reach one of my goals, keep energy levels high and prevents my legs from tiring as I work from a standing desk. It's been a good reminder to me never to underestimate the simple changes and the effects they can have on you!

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines