Pole Position for a Change!

Zee_

Hello :D

I am Toni, a 22 year old Australian receptionist who is addicted to Pole dancing :D (Fitness, not stripping! All you dirty minded people ;P haha) I know I am posting two weeks late but I was a chicken and only posted my first entry on NF yesterday..

So here we go:

My Major Quest:

- To compete in a Pole Dancing Competition before the end of 2014! (I am nervous just writing this!)

Minor Quests to get me closer to my Major (please note: this list will probably grow as I tick others off!):

(I have put the videos in spoilers as it may offend some people..)

- Perfect my invert so my legs are straight (will involve lots of stretching as will most of these lol) Please note: Invert performed at 1:48 - videos are not me!

- Be able to do a Jade Split (or gain the splits) Please note: the video is of a Jade Split tutorial

- Perfect my shoulder mount - 1.15 on the video. Currently I have to tuck my knees up before extending my legs but I can now get my legs on the pole :D

And last but not least (although definitely the hardest!):

- Handspring! (4 seconds to 6 seconds on the video)

As you can probably tell I have a long way to go! But I know where I'm going and that's the main thing :) Even my minor quests aren't really minor...

Now, because I have only started this challenge thing and everyone is already two weeks in I will adjust this accordingly.

For this block I will make it so it covers these 4 weeks and then the 6 weeks following so I will stay in the Level 1 challengers. Is that alright for me to do? It's hard being a newby.. haha

So for this challenge I will be working on my inverts :D And how am I going to do this?

1. Increase my weekly poling from 1 to 3 night/days a week - I already do 1-2 pole classes a week but I need to keep it consistent and add in an extra. So Monday nights, Wednesday/Thursday nights & Saturday morning will be my pole exercise days

2. Create a habit of ensuring I condition before I start each session - focusing on my inverts more than my shoulder mounts. I already do this before my Monday night class, I arrive half and hour early to warm up and do my conditioning exercises

3. Stretch, stretch and more stretching! This is a difficult one for me as I am totally unflexible. I can't touch my toes when sitting or standing. I can touch them when stretching for side splits though so I am making progress. I will be aiming to stretch every day for this if I can remember. Any stretches which will help my progess will be greatly appreciated!!!!

And how will I track my progress?

Pictures and videos! Am I allowed to post pics and videos? If so, I will be doing one of each weekly - I might need a reminder as I do forget things very easily. This will be starting today/tonight when I go to class (I probably won't get around to posting them until tomorrow).

Grading:

100% A = Practicing 3 x a week & Stretching 7 x a week and showing I can invert from knees with straight legs and pointed toes! (I always forget to point my toes haha)

80%   B = Practicing 3 x a week & Stretching 5-7 x a week and showing I can invert from knees with pointed toes

60%   C = Practicing 3 x a week & Stretching 4-6 x a week and showing I can invert from sitting with pointed toes and can touch the ground behind me

40%   D = Practicing 2 x a week & Stretching 3-5 x a week and showing I can invert from sitting with pointed toes

20%   E = Practicing 1 x a week & Stretching 2-4 x a week and showing that I can invert from sitting but it's not super pretty and I forgot to point my toes

I believe a Pass to me would be a C, and even then it will involve a lot of commitment. When I post the videos I would love if everyone can look at my toes and judge me on my pointing skills lol. I probably won't be able to tell too much and seeing it from someone else's perspective will help a lot!

This sounds like it's going to be challenging for me to stick to this for longer than four weeks so if anyone wants to hassle me to make sure I'm doing it & if anyone wants me to hassle them please feel free :D I will be attempting to post daily (not sure where to post this, please point me in the right direction!).

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to add! :D

• Like 2

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

Haha thanks for the reminder ;P

I have a couple of photos to post to give me a starting point but I've ran out of internet on my phone so I have to wait for it to re-set or connect it to my boyfriends. There wasn't any toe pointing but I was wearing heels so that kinda counts right? lol.

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Haha thanks for the reminder ;P

I have a couple of photos to post to give me a starting point but I've ran out of internet on my phone so I have to wait for it to re-set or connect it to my boyfriends. There wasn't any toe pointing but I was wearing heels so that kinda counts right? lol.

I'm gonna say no?  I know if I want to stretch and I'm wearing heels it's hard to point them lol so that's what I'm basing my answer on.  And ugh! data caps!

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

I'm gonna say no?  I know if I want to stretch and I'm wearing heels it's hard to point them lol so that's what I'm basing my answer on.  And ugh! data caps!

Sorry, the heels weren't for stretching - I haven't taken any photos of that yet. They were just on as I wore them in my class & I am using those photos for progression pics for my strength. If that makes sense? It may help if I actually post the pics.. lol

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Yes you do, I want to see pictures! :tongue:

Forgot to ask you earlier, are you using the inverts from sitting and kneeling as conditioning? Seems like they'd be more difficult than inverts from standing...

I forgot to send them to myself last night so pics are going to have to wait.. haha.

Yes, I am using them as conditioning :) They are definitely more difficult than standing (and I can do them fine standing) but I find that doing them more from sitting/kneeling helps me with my aerial inverts more than practicing just from standing. When I was into pole heaps (maybe 6 months ago) I could actually do my inverts from kneeling great as I was practicing the sitting & kneeling ones consistently. But I had a bit of a break from pole and didn't continue conditioning and now I've gone back to not being able to do them from kneeling now =/

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Haha yeah, I can never stop talking about pole dancing =/ It consumes me!

They have been good thank you :) I struggle keeping myself super motivated though & now that it's Autumn here I find that I just want to curl up on the couch and read a good book instead of getting my A into G & doing what I've actually planned.

Oohhh.. I've forgotten to send those pics to myself too. I need to do that. Maybe in my lunch break I'll work that out haha.

• Like 1

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

That is strange. I love spring though, everything gets so pretty :D haha.

The hardest part is definitely getting out there and starting. What have you got planned for this week?

• Like 1

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

What is remedial walking? I have birthdays all week this week which makes things tough, but I will be doing two pole classes on Wednesday & will hopefully squeeze in a session at home as well :)

• Like 1

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Oh wow! That's an awesome crazy goal! I read somewhere that you are on your feet most of the day? Am I right? I work at a desk so it would be very hard for me to make up that many steps. Although, I do go for walks at lunch and I move around my office a bit. But not nearly enough to get me to 10,000 steps.

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Oh wow! That's an awesome crazy goal! I read somewhere that you are on your feet most of the day? Am I right? I work at a desk so it would be very hard for me to make up that many steps. Although, I do go for walks at lunch and I move around my office a bit. But not nearly enough to get me to 10,000 steps.

Yeah, I thought it would be less...lofty, goal-wise. It's a pretty arbitrary number, anyway, but I'm committed now!

On a good day, I get halfway there before I leave the school. The extra walking does mean I'm getting to know may town pretty well, and I've been sleeping more soundly (though still probably not for long enough).

I used to work for a newspaper, and there was no way I was hitting even half those steps each day. Not even close. This is, har har, a step up.

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

Love this! I also did pole fitness for a while and worked up to teach beginner classes until my studio closed. So much fun! I hope to get back into that shape soon. That handspring... Oof talk about a unicorn move for me.

Oh wow! That's awesome! I would love to teach one day but I struggle to remember the routines! lol. It definitely is fun :)

The handspring is my ultimate goal, I can't wait till I'm strong enough to do it. I was getting closer before I stopped for 6 weeks =/ And now I'm back closer to where I started instead

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

*waves* hi!

I followed the path laid out by Ms. Hatter. She's a tricky one, she is. ;) 

Pole dancing is very fun. I've only gone to one class but it has made me want to install a pole whenever I buy a house. ^_^ The handspring looks like an awesome trick. 

Good luck on your first challenge. Even if it is a partial one. :)

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Hello! :D *waves*

Haha she sure is ;P

Well I don't own my own house yet, but I do have a pole! You can buy free standing ones on a stage/platform & there are pressure mounted ones which don't damage the roof & you don't have to screw them in :) So you don't need your own house to have one! :D But yes, pole dancing is fun!

Thank you! I'm not doing overly well at the moment, I'm in a bit of a slump =/ But hopefully I'll pick it back up and get there! Thanks for dropping by!

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines