Hello! 

So I am looking for someone I can talk to over the next couple of months to keep me responsible. (And of course, to bring support to in return!) Right now I am still working off a spinal injury so my start is rather slow. I have 17 weeks until the start of the Fall semester and I want to be in a better place by then. I have four goals I want to hit: 

1. Get out of pain (via stretching, yoga, and therapy). 

2. Lose 20 pounds. (Estimate.) 

3. Eat primal without eating out much. 

4. Try to get to 20 one arm push ups. 

So a bit about me I guess. I'm 22 years old and work as a freelancer doing graphic design and writing. I have a dog named Voodoo, a beta fish named Budo and a really cool partner. I've been playing sports or doing physical hobbies my whole life and I guess I've always been strong and slightly overweight. I'm a tomboy who loves sparring, wrestling and baking. Two years ago, I was out for a half a year with a knee injury and eight months ago I got hit in the coccyx and been in pain since. I've come to nerd fitness to get support and ideas. 

I'd consider the ideal partner someone who: 

1. Is a biological female but is a real tomboy. 

2. Is on Facebook and wiling to exchange names to talk. 

3. Is a Martial Artist 

4. Has been injured before. 

5. Is a Monk or Warrior type.

6. Is looking to lose 30ish pounds and then gain it back in muscle! 

Of course, I'm more interested in someone active to talk to! 

Thanks! 

Child of Æsir | Freelancing Monk Journeyman Chef
"Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through the forging fire, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion. â€â€“ O-Sensei

Daily Battle Log Epic Quest | Sidekick Search

Hi Inked! 

I'm new to this site, but have been really committed to getting active for the last 6 weeks or so. 

I'm not sure I'm exactly the type of person you are looking for, although I am biologically female so that's a win! ;)

I'm certainly looking to lose some weight and regain as muscle. I hate traditional cardio, so I do a lot of cross-fit style workouts. I love yoga, and have been doing hot yoga 6 days a week, plus some gym days in there. Although, yoga and I don't always get along - especially if I'm being a little 'lazy' - I get wicked joint pain from it in my knees, wrists, elbows and hips. So, it's always a reminder to take a day off and pay more attention to my muscles (and less attention to making to pose perfect). 

I'm 23, and work as a behaviour consultant with children and adults with ASD or other developmental disabilities. I'm certainly not the traditional type of nerd but am really into behaviour modification, which fits perfectly into my new active lifestyle. I have a dog, Candy, and we competed in agility, rally obedience, and scent work. But she has very bad hip dysplasia, so our activities recently have been competing for the comfiest spot on the couch :-( 

I have no injuries, or martial arts training. I really want to start kickboxing, once I have the funds for it! I'm really just into general nutrition and making fitness as fun as possible! 

My goals are: 

Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks every day

Do something active 6 days a week (and take 1 rest day)

Try a new activity (kickboxing or whatever)

AND to get my homework done every week (for my masters degree)

Anyways, I'm happy to chat over Facebook or email. Honestly, I kind of hate Facebook, but could probably manage to like... answer messages haha. E-mail is no better for me, because all of my work stuff comes there, so anything non-urgent generally gets ignored for weeks. 

:-)

Vikki

I don't think I match all of your criteria either:

1. Is a biological female but is a real tomboy. Yes on the female, somewhat on the tomboy. 

2. Is on Facebook and wiling to exchange names to talk. Prefer the NF forum...I rarely use FB

3. Is a Martial Artist College sport taekwondo, though I haven't done it the last few years (keep meaning to go back for my black belt)

4. Has been injured before. So. Many. Times. Rhabdo twice (if that counts cause I have to stop working out so my kidneys don't fail), repeated ankle sprain, broken collarbone, current wrist cyst

5. Is a Monk or Warrior type. I might be more of a Ranger, haven't decided yet. (I run, starting Crossfit, sometime yoga, getting back into martial arts is on my list but not a priority)

6. Is looking to lose 30ish pounds and then gain it back in muscle!  Yes, looking to lose 30-40lb but not sure it would be healthy for me to gain that much in muscle.

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

I think I fit in almost all the points but martial arts (I practise. on the past, esgrima, kung fu- not for me - and MMA, but now I prefer running and lifting weights). About your requeriments:

I'm a female and I'm definitely a tomboy, warrior (I'm also pagan, so you could make yourself and idea of my goals) and I want to lose about 30 pounds, maybe more, but it depends on the muscle I built.

Injuries... Starting with my asthma, several bones broken and finishing with some twisted anckles and - the funniest - a hit on my head which got me some weeks without doing anything.

And more info: I'm 25, currently I'm finishing my master degree on literary studies (but the next year I want to do another on digital edition) and I have been recovering from a depression the last year (too much reading... I knew that classics couldn't be so good), so I'm interested on supporting people now I feel ok.

BUT - I'm Spanish. Sometimes my English is not as good as it should be, so I don't know how it could affect to a real time conversation.

Level 4

10 WIS | 2 STR | 2 STA | 2 CON | 5 CHA | 1 DEX

battle logepic quest

The Stoic Path of Virtue: #1 | #2 | #3

Current challenge: Don't break the challenge