I've got no plans (yet) to have this done, but I've thought about it. I don't have small boobs, but they have been the first things to get smaller as I lose weight. 

I just think if I've put in so much hard work to get the body that I want, then there's nothing wrong with just putting the cherry on the cake. 

Has anyone had one? Is anyone going to have one? Would you consider it? What are people's thoughts on this subject? 

'I'm not worried Harry, I'm with you' - Albus Dumbledore - HPatHBP

Level 0 Blob Warrior
STR 4|DEX 3|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 2

I have small boobs too so I've considered it.  And I mean quite seriously; I have spent hours doing research on various options.  I know the local surgeon I would have do it.  BUT all my research has turned up so many risks, no matter which kind of augmentation you go with.  Everybody has their own risk/reward evaluation, but for me personally, as much as I hate my small boobs, I don't hate them enough to take on those risks.

It's also not cheap, either, so there's that too.  But even if somebody said "hey, free boob implants!" well, I would be tempted... but I still wouldn't do it.

I've also done a lot of looking into so-called "natural" boob enhancers and even those seem like they come with so many issues.  "This will make your boobs bigger but it will probably also give you ovarian cancer."  I'm sorry, what??  Nooooo thank you.

I've always had the thought of "Your body, your choice".   It would obviously be problematic if you felt like your self worth was tied to your breast size, but as long as breast augmentation is treated like any other body mod, why not?

Pyjamazombie (cool name), personally, my boobs have no affect on my self worth. I'm happy and confident as I am. I think I would treat it like any other body mod, to get my body looking the way I want it to. I have wide hips and a big bum, so it would be nice to have larger boobies to go with that :) I've always admired the curvy (but healthy) look and I want that for myself. 

I have small boobs too so I've considered it.  And I mean quite seriously; I have spent hours doing research on various options.  I know the local surgeon I would have do it.  BUT all my research has turned up so many risks, no matter which kind of augmentation you go with.  Everybody has their own risk/reward evaluation, but for me personally, as much as I hate my small boobs, I don't hate them enough to take on those risks.

It's also not cheap, either, so there's that too.  But even if somebody said "hey, free boob implants!" well, I would be tempted... but I still wouldn't do it.

I've also done a lot of looking into so-called "natural" boob enhancers and even those seem like they come with so many issues.  "This will make your boobs bigger but it will probably also give you ovarian cancer."  I'm sorry, what??  Nooooo thank you.

Sheltiechick, I get what you're saying. I am also afraid of the risks (and the cost). But I think I could be brave enough to bite the bullet

Does having them reduced count? I have always wanted the poached egg look, not the watermelons stuffed up your top look.

Seven of Seven - of course this counts. I don't think there's any difference between wanting bigger boobs or smaller boobs. 

'I'm not worried Harry, I'm with you' - Albus Dumbledore - HPatHBP

Level 0 Blob Warrior
STR 4|DEX 3|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 2

Seven of Seven - of course this counts. I don't think there's any difference between wanting bigger boobs or smaller boobs. 

I'll disagree slightly there - an augmentation is purely a cosmetic thing. A reduction is often sought out due to issues with back pain etc., though probably in some cases it's driven by cosmetic reasons.

I don't think I'd ever go through with surgery to look "better" (correcting a defect or injury etc. to look more "normal" is different); as pointed out, there's risks associated with any surgery.

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

I have a very strange relationship with this subject, and I'll explain why...

When I was a little girl, I was in some kind of bathing situation with my mother (like taking a shower or getting dressed or some other locker room situation). She told me something like she was glad I was confident with my body and said that she never had big boobs until after she had children.

The GIANT part of that that she left out was... she got an augmentation. I suspected as much because I'm no idiot and my barely A cups didn't really mesh with her full C cups, but she honestly never told me until a few years ago. I actually found out earlier because my aunt told me. So this is a problem for two reasons - 1. she kinda lied OR felt like she needed to hide something and 2. she didn't seize an outstanding opportunity to teach me about my body and confidence. How educational would it have been if she had said, "I was actually really self conscious about my breasts and I decided to get an augmentation for these reasons..."

What this leaves me with is the inability to separate confidence and self worth from breast augmentations. Most women get them because they aren't confident or dislike their smaller boobs, but (as was said earlier) it's not related to their self worth. How are those two separate? If you feel worthless, then you don't have confidence. If you get an augmentation to gain confidence in your physical appearance, then that means you value yourself more. Let's look at it this way - most people who start working out and/or making healthy lifestyle changes probably feel a little bit selfish because they are valuing themselves more than they have in the past, i.e. I want to take care of myself because I'm important, so I will go to the gym tonight (etc etc). As a result, many gain more self confidence and that is a great thing. But, is a breast augmentation something to hide or be ashamed of?

I just don't really understand the whole situation. That being said, these are my thoughts and my opinions. If someone wants to get an augmentation, that is not for me to say whether I "approve" or not.

• Like 3

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Those are all very good points.  And an interesting story about your mother..  I wonder why she felt she had to lie?  It seems like when you get a breast augmentation to 'fix yourself' there's still always something else about you, or even your breasts, that you aren't happy with.  Maybe you even become self conscious at that point BECAUSE they're fake?  Trying to figure something like that out as a child would definitely be confusing..

I think that honestly, most people get plastic surgery because they find themselves lacking somehow, or to "fix" a problem.  But some procedures are more accepted than others.  If i wanted to get veneers or have a mole removed (for cosmetic rather than health reasons) it wouldn't be as upsetting to the public.  Is it much different from me hating my curly hair and getting keratin treatments? Obviously, those kinds of things aren't as invasive or dangerous as something like breast augmentation.  But I guess my point is that sometimes women who get implants are sometimes shamed for having them, which isn't right either.

What this leaves me with is the inability to separate confidence and self worth from breast augmentations. Most women get them because they aren't confident or dislike their smaller boobs, but (as was said earlier) it's not related to their self worth. How are those two separate? If you feel worthless, then you don't have confidence. If you get an augmentation to gain confidence in your physical appearance, then that means you value yourself more.

I think OP is saying that she just prefers the hourglass look from an aesthetic perspective (the fit of clothes and such?), and it's less about how much she values her current body. 

But I think you're on to something when you say it's hard to separate confidence issues and breast augmentations.  I think that sometimes we don't even know our own insecurities.  I know some surgeons suggest counseling before having surgery to root out any underlying self-esteem issues.

I think that honestly, most people get plastic surgery because they find themselves lacking somehow, or to "fix" a problem.  But some procedures are more accepted than others.  If i wanted to get veneers or have a mole removed (for cosmetic rather than health reasons) it wouldn't be as upsetting to the public.  Is it much different from me hating my curly hair and getting keratin treatments? Obviously, those kinds of things aren't as invasive or dangerous as something like breast augmentation.  But I guess my point is that sometimes women who get implants are sometimes shamed for having them, which isn't right either.

A few years ago I was at the apartment pool with my boyfriend. There was a group there, our age, hanging out and drinking. I'm a sporty girl, so I get down in the pool and do handstands. The girls in this group were the type who sit at the shallow end and drink without getting their hair wet. No judgement, just different types of girls. But I overheard one of the guys making fun of one of the girls and specifically making jokes about her "flotation devices". That girl was probably small chested and felt self conscious or even got made fun of for being small chested, and now that she's got implants and she's showing them off in a bikini, she's being made fun of too? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. At least with her small breasts, it wasn't her choice, it was how she was born. Being made fun of for a choice you made implies that you made a bad choice. Being made fun of for the way you were born is just kind of mean.

I think OP is saying that she just prefers the hourglass look from an aesthetic perspective (the fit of clothes and such?), and it's less about how much she values her current body. 

But I think you're on to something when you say it's hard to separate confidence issues and breast augmentations.  I think that sometimes we don't even know our own insecurities.  I know some surgeons suggest counseling before having surgery to root out any underlying self-esteem issues.

Everyone has their opinion about what they find attractive, but how do you separate that from your own body? I'd love to be a curvy girl and I have a lot of envy for curvy women who have slim waists because I'm the opposite - tall and lean with a random pot belly. How do you say, "I like an hourglass shape" without saying "... because I don't have that"??

Sorry I'm getting really into this, it just kind of fascinates me and I'm really conflicted and curious about it.

• Like 1

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Side note, my mom's breasts are huge.  My older sister, being the first born, apparently took ALL the "big boob" genes.  Neither of them has had any augmentation done (though my mom has for years talked about wanting a breast reduction because they are painful and annoying for her) and here I am, itty bitty titties.  Sigh.

So that is actually possible.

And also totally unfair.

I am also the only one to have inherited my father's broad shoulders and the pear shape that appears to have come from his mother.  Linebacker shoulders, wide hips, huge ass - and no. boobs.  Life is unfair.

I agree with you to a point, I think any kind of "I want to change my body" comes with being unhappy with how we look or feel in our skin.  I don't think that is necessarily always taken to a level that would be called destructive, however.  People can cut calories without being anorexic... does that mean people can hate their boobs so much they have surgery to change it without suffering some kind of body dysmorphia?  My degree is in psychology but I only ever took one class on abnormal psych... so I can't even really begin to answer that one for you.

I want implants.  Mine are quite deflated since having kids.  I would actually be totally ok with having smaller firm breasts, but going from D/DD while pg/breastfeeding for over a decade to an A cup leaves some skin/fill issues.  Partly it's vanity, sure.  Yes, they'd make me feel better.  One reason I haven't done it is because I'm not sure how to explain it to my kids. They've seen me with larger ones and I have had cyst issues in the past and I could technically lie.  But then I'd feel bad. I also don't want them to think that getting implants is something they should do because *I* want them.  Does that make sense?  Of course, they just might get lucky and get dh's family's genes.  The women are all well filled out on that side! lol

I have mixed feelings- but I don't judge- in the dance world- the women at the top have them- and it's common so it neither phases me nor offends nor impacts me in any way shape or form.   At some point you felt like your life was going to be better with bigger breasts.   Period- one way or the other. My friend is missing half her chest- she regrets not having her implant done at the time because it makes costuming and dressing a real bitch.

so one way or the other- you feel like your life is going to be better.  And if it gives you more self esteem - more power to you- but the issue is when that is your ONLY source of self esteem I think. 

Personally I wouldn't get them- mine are D's and I am annoyed with their shape as it is.

If I was going to do anything I would have a lift done to make sure they don't sag to my knees- but the idea of a foreign body embedded in my skin skeeves me out.   It can be very painful too the first day- some women are out for a  week - some are back to work that Monday from a Friday surgery. 

I agree with you to a point, I think any kind of "I want to change my body" comes with being unhappy with how we look or feel in our skin.  I don't think that is necessarily always taken to a level that would be called destructive, however

agreed.

I have brown boring hair- I hate it. So I color it. Granted it's not as drastic as surgery- but there it is- out and out- I hate my hair. So I change it.  It makes me happy and I feel good about myself- so there we have it. No harm no foul. I'm okay with it. 

• Like 2

My breasts are very saggy, and (which is the main thing) one is between 2 and 3 cups smaller than the other one. I don't think other people notice it, but I don't like it. I've considered getting surgery to get them to the same size, and maybe make them less saggy in the process. So far I've never really done anything towards it (never started saving or anything) so I guess it's not essential, and it might never happen... but I have though about it, yeah.

At 6'3", my small C's / big B's are very small on my frame. I have an opera singers lungs and ribcage (literally, I sing), and so my boobies are pretty small. What bothers me more is that they are wideset, so cleavage is really hard to achieve.

On the otherhand, my mom has DDD's, and before she lost the weight she had E's.

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

I have a similar issue lolavictrola, finding wideset bras is the freaking worst and cleavage is not going to happen. My friend had an augmentation at the start of the year, they look nice but they're proper solid and from what i understand they kind of hurt to play with? Relatively easy surgery, though i dont think shes doing much (if any) exercise yet and its been months.

Seeing her results, I'd definitely consider getting my own augmentation. It'd be nice to "set and forget" them so to speak, and not have to worry about gravity or age (or bras!) so much. Honestly though, I like being able to put mine away when I want to.  

• Like 1

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

I would do it, if I went from the D's I have now to B's... But. I would rather get them 'lifted' (if that's even a term) because they are sooo not perky. Standing with a bra on, I can make my boobs look normal. But when I'm naked, the nipples hang about 2.5 inches from the base of my bust line

Level 1 Half Dwarf Adventurer

Stats: 10 points to use (Yes, I'm an Exp hoarder)

"Cut through the heart, cold and clear... Strike for love and strike for fear... There's beauty and there's danger here...Split the ice apart...
Beware the frozen heart"

-"Frozen Heart" from the Movie "Frozen"

I would do it, if I went from the D's I have now to B's... But. I would rather get them 'lifted' (if that's even a term) because they are sooo not perky. Standing with a bra on, I can make my boobs look normal. But when I'm naked, the nipples hang about 2.5 inches from the base of my bust line

This IS normal! Hollywood has totally messed with our perception of what boobs are supposed to look like. Natural D's are never going to be perky, because GRAVITY!  My boobs are relatively perky, and I still hate them. I think 90% of us do.

Lolavictrola

I have the same issue as mentioned above: droopy and lopsided. :/ So I haven't thought about implants much, but a bit more perkiness and evening out is something I'll probably do in the future. I say whatever makes you happy/comfortable. If you're doing it for you I don't see a problem.

Challenge 1 | Current Challenge

LEVEL 1 Elan Adventurer

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Fitocracy | Twitter 

This IS normal! Hollywood has totally messed with our perception of what boobs are supposed to look like. Natural D's are never going to be perky, because GRAVITY!  My boobs are relatively perky, and I still hate them. I think 90% of us do.

lol it may be normal but I don't have to like it!!!!!   :onthego:    I have a side fold on my chest- and when I'm laying back- my boobs are in my armpits- there is easily 1/2 a foot between them.

sigh- oh well.

It is what it is- I want a serger more than I want perky boobs- so I will spend my money on that instead of a lift. LOL

• Like 4

So the general consensus is everyone would get surgery to change their boobs if they could? Its a shame theres not some way to train big/perky boobs the way we train quads or lats or abs. That would be so cool - erryday is boob day!

• Like 2

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

So the general consensus is everyone would get surgery to change their boobs if they could? Its a shame theres not some way to train big/perky boobs the way we train quads or lats or abs. That would be so cool - erryday is boob day!

If it didn't hurt, didn't leave a scar, took no healing time, and was guaranteed to look 100% natural, I would.

But since none of those are true, nope!

• Like 2

Lolavictrola

Nope. I'm generally happy with mine.

• Like 1

What's funny is that I read somewhere that doing chest exercises makes them perky and the such. It was like, "It raises your chest to give the appearance of a bigger chest" I remember actually trying it with weights and needless to say that boob day never really worked

Level 1 Half Dwarf Adventurer

Stats: 10 points to use (Yes, I'm an Exp hoarder)

"Cut through the heart, cold and clear... Strike for love and strike for fear... There's beauty and there's danger here...Split the ice apart...
Beware the frozen heart"

-"Frozen Heart" from the Movie "Frozen"